Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

@littlesleeper your doing it wrong! After a big dirty bulk with Xmas and drinking and binge eating you’re supposed to look worse! Keep at it buddy, you will get there one day :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

@dchris - All good my man! I did kind of drop off for a bit and just strictly record my workouts with very little interaction around the forums (I still have quite a few logs I’d like to catch back up on). Been juggling quite a few life projects at the moment. One has just finished up (hopefully) giving me a little free time which is nice. The other big project is preparing our house to sell. We have a handshake deal with another guy who is flipping a house over by the property that I grew up on. This would give me access to 70+ acres of land and waterfront to use at my disposal…without the exorbitant cost.
So I’ve been renovating bathrooms, flooring and now just trim and finishing the stairs before we start staging and putting the house on the market (hoping by the end of March).
Also…I’ve been following some interesting discussion in Yogi’s thread and will be watching closely on the progress man. VERY interested!

@countrygirl2016 - Thanks! I really appreciate the kind words because I’m up against some tough competition 'round here. I was surprised when I went back to compare to last year, I was afraid that both of my ‘before’ pictures would look the same!

@Irishman92 - Thanks man, I’ll have to get you to teach me the right way sometime. I hate spinning my wheels like this and looking better after a bulk, lol.

4 Likes

Looking awesome, leaner than last year’s starting pic but also heavier! I would say that’s a good marker for a good years training.

1 Like

Looking good dude, will be interesting to see how much you lean out in 12 weeks. Some nice squats there too. Following for the ride.

Congrats, this sounds great! I completely understand, this happened to me last year and I lost focus on training and baseball.

Ha, ya. I forget people read without commenting sometimes. At a point where it seems like the risk of things isn’t as significant as I originally thought. I feel incredible on MK, aside from hungry and bloath, which the hunger has been mitigated by taking at night. I’d highly recommend if you can reconcile the fact you can’t claim internet natty.

@kd13 - Thanks man! Leaner and heavier will forever be the goal!

@simo74 - Glad to have you following and thanks for the comment! I’m also interested to see how much I lean out over the 12 weeks.

@dchris - Yeah, I’m not too concerned about it at the moment. The work is still being put in, just not as many hours a day to cruise TNation lol. I’ve always been interested, but I also have an extremely addictive personality. MK would be good, but then maybe do some low dose clen, oh and then if I’m going to do that I might as well sneak in some… ya the slope already seems too slippery for me. I do not understand the term “moderation”. But I’ll still be following along closely to your comments/progress and living vicariously through you.

4 Likes

dude you made a shit tonne of progress in a year. Wider af. Can’t wait to see the cut results!

2 Likes

@duketheslaya - Thanks Duke, I appreciate it!

Yesterday’s Morning Weight: 215.4lbs
This morning I woke at 213.8lbs (New Low)

• I’m going to record (hopefully) daily weigh-ins and keep track of the new lows. They are a mini confidence booster for me when cutting that I’m doing it right. I need all the encouragement I can get when in a deficit. They will come fast and furious for the first month+ but I reckon as I approach the 205lb mark they will be fewer and further between.

Yesterday’s Workout:

Custom - Week 1 Day 2
DB Rows
50 x 6
70 x 6
90 x 6
100 x 10, 10, 10, 10

I was reading a John Meadows article yesterday and he was talking about dead stop dumbbell rows and emphasizing the stretch of the lats at the bottom of the movement. I did this technique for the 100lb sets. Reps felt fast, easy and I had negative reviews brewing in my head since I wasn’t nearly as tired as just banging out all the reps with constant TUT. It wasn’t until 1/2hr later my upper back/lats pumped up. It felt great and lasted another hour or two after the workout finished. I’ll be doing these again, huh, maybe John does know what he is talking about??

OHP
95 x 5
115 x 5
135 x 5
185 x 3
205 x 3
225 x 3 ← Had trouble keeping tight through these reps. Got them, but it wasn’t pretty.
185 x 5, 5, 5 ← Not a great showing here. I was a little sleep deprived yesterday (~5hrs) but no real excuse for this.

DB Bench
50 x 10
70 x 10
90 x 10
90 x 10

Planned to take the 100’s for a spin, but 90’s felt good and I was getting some good pec tension, so decided to just hit them again. Also, my new bench is slippery as heck, I’m almost sliding off the top when I initiate ANY leg drive. It looks like I’ll have to use a band or find some sort of spray/coating to apply to it to give it a little more texture.

Hammer Curl
50 x 10 x 4sets

Dumbbell Pullovers
Basically just used these as a stretch and a very short ROM with 50’s. I did a whole bunch.
My right shoulder had been bothering me for a few days so, so these were more to help stretch everything out than anything.

I did some extra shoulder band work and broomstick dislocates as well.

Good workout, it did take me like 1hr 15mins, but I was cooking dinner in between sets so there was a 5-10min break a couple times in between exercises. Life.

13 Likes

ESPECIALLY back and legs. His ideas and methodology for back and legs is by far the most insane shit I have ever done that helped size.

1 Like

Congrats on continued weight loss goals. Hope you can manage a bit more sleep though!!! What type of band work do you do for shoulders?

1 Like

Hmm might have to see about these myself. Glad you posted them!

Man, the day you finally start your log you’re going to have 20 followers within the first few minutes haha.

A little early for after pictures…

1 Like

You will all be gravely disappointed. :joy:

EDIT: My training is very similar to Brady’s but instead of stones, mostly sandbags.

1 Like

Oh man, I’m sorry to hear that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Crazy mf’ers you guys are.

@littlelee - Thanks! For band work I usually just do band pullaparts until my rear delts get tired, then wrap the band around the support beam in my basement and do facepulls for 10-15reps, then I was doing dislocates with them, but now I’ve been using a broomstick for that. I do facepulls/pullaparts and dislocates in most of my workouts, and often on off days as I find they help with my shoulder health.

@mr.v3lv3t - Ya man, I enjoy trying new things in the gym. The problem is I usually forget that I like something by the next week and they fall off my list of things to do!

@TrainForPain - haha thanks man, hopefully I can drop another 10lbs and those love handles go with it!

2 Likes

Custom Program - Week 1 Day 3
Deadlift (Conventional)
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 1
405 x 1
455 x 1 ← added belt here
495 x 1
545 x 1
585 x 0 ← I’m blaming hook grip. When I get to the top I feel like the bar is slipping so I seem to compensate my leaving my shoulders down not letting me properly lockout. Need to work on this.
585 x 1 ← added straps for this one, it wasn’t pretty, but I locked it out.
315 x 10 ← just to get a little extra volume in

Various Grip Chinups/Pullups Between Sets of Deadlifts
8, 8, 8, 8, 8, 8

Squats
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 7
315 x 7

I was feeling pretty torched after those deads, so I kept the squats relatively light.

Hanging Knee Raises
15, 15, 15

I think my back will be feeling this work tomorrow!

EDIT:
Sorry about my little temper tantrum after the failed lift. I forgot I did that until I watched it. Anger issues…

12 Likes

I wear a set of size small rehband knee sleeves on my elbows. Is the sizing a bit inflated or am I being realistic in how emasculated I feel?

I’m not sure… but I think everybody, gets a little carried away, when missing a lift. Especially one that seemed to go up.
I’ll forgive you man.
Nice lifting :slight_smile:

Haha, good question. I mean, I was surprised when the measuring chart said XXL, so I’m assuming it’s inflated. I have no idea about Rehband sizing though.
Here is the sizing chart for the sleeves I have:

Thanks man! And yes, usually the next day I forgive myself, but there is a period of pure rage when I miss a lift I know I should have.

2 Likes

On another note, my powerlifting competition date was just announced today for June 9th. The registration opens tomorrow, so then it will be official.

I’m weighing in at 213.8lbs this morning. I’m debating which weight class to jump into for this competition. If I keep this cut going I should be down around 205lbs so I could theoretically do a little 7lb water cut to meet the 198lb class. I know it isn’t necessarily advised to cut for the first meet, but if I’m already that close…

Hmmm…any thoughts from other competitors out there?

2 Likes