Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

Lightweight baby, ain’t nothing but a peanut!

1 Like

My amazing little gym closed down and I had to move back to a commercial gym. I now have a scowling gym face, and coupled with my beard and sweat bandana no one talks to me, I consider it a win…
Well that’s a lie, someone asked me how much protein I eat and I just lied and said I was a vegan and that worked too

6 Likes

Which brand of elbow sleeve did you got? And how many millimeter they are?

I’m looking forward buying a pair for my push day.

Damn dude, that place looked awesome!

Wait, you’re not a vegan? Meh, potayto, potahto. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t trust anyone who won’t eat honey

3 Likes

light weight baby

1 Like

@$$hole!!! You know this is my squat goal…

3 Likes

Are you going to compete equiped or just for the heck of it?

THINK ABOUT THE BEES MAN!!!

Tee, hee. Well, to be fair this is also my squat goal…front squat.
My front squat and bench seem to fall pretty close to each other. I’m not sure if this is a ‘typical’ ratio or not?

Nah, purely as a training tool. I’m hoping that being able to work with some supra-maximal weight on the bench will help add lbs to my raw bench. For me, bench is a bit of a mental game. 350lbs took FOREVER to bust through. I could consistently hit 335lbs for a triple, but would be pinned by 350lbs (on multiple occasions). Then FINALLY I hit it and that same workout I hit 365, then 375lbs for my all time PR. I just broke through that little mental plateau of having 350+ on the bar.

Plus, it looks badass.

4 Likes

Looks like we’ll have to go to the experts and see…

Under WHOLE BODY STRENGTH it says your bench should be 75% of your back squat.

Under LOWER BODY STRENGTH it says that your front squat should be 85% of your back squat.

So I guess your front squat will be lagging a bit if you hit 405 on both that and bench.

I’ll let it slide though because those are quite impressive numbers on both lifts… even if you do have short legs and arms.

2 Likes

Or my bench is just amazing? Hmm…

My legs are actually quite long for my height. Well, at least when buying pants. I wear a 34/34 at 5’9" tall.

That’s impressive. Now your ratios make more sense.

1 Like

Far out. It never even occurred to me honey was non-vegan. Why would you give up honey???

1 Like

Not really! haha I look kinda weird with my shirt tucked in with my tiny little short torso.

Yes, unfortunately I need to semi dress up for work (which to me is a collared shirt).

FOR THE BEES!

5 Likes

Ok, I was out of town for work since Monday (just got home this evening). 1 hotel workout, 2 swims and 2 steam room sessions for my fitness related stuff. Many craft beers, lots of eating out, and a big ol carb loads for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

First real workout back was tonight and everything felt great! I expected things to feel sluggish (it usually does after a slight break like that).

5/3/1 SVR II Workout 9/10

SQUATS
135 x 5
225 x 5
325 x 5
365 x 5
415 x 5
365 x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

OHP
105 x 5
120 x 5
145 x 5
165 x 5
185 x 5
165 x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

PULLUPS SEMI-WIDE
10, 10, 8, 8, 8

LOTS OF SHOULDER BAND WORK
Lots.

Everything moved well and grooved nicely. Happy to get back under the iron.

10 Likes

Playing a little workout catch up at the moment. We are getting our house ready for sale, work is crazy busy and a few other personal projects on the go. Diet is sub par, weight is up a few lbs and having a drink or two a night. Sacrificing working out for the time being to maintain some life balance here. Life is good though, I’m excited to jump this current craziness, because life is looking damn good on the other side.

Hope all is well with my TNation fam!

SUMO DEADLIFTS
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 5
405 x 5
455 x 5
515 x 5
I hook gripped the first rep of each set, then twisted the straps on. Strapped up for my SSL sets.
455 x 5, 5, 5, 5, 5

BENCH PRESS
135 x 5
185 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 5
315 x 3
Add SlingShot (first time giving it a whirl)
315 x 3
315 x 3
335 x 3

Shirt felt good, I think I’m going to have some fun playing around with it.
Moving at a snails pace towards the end of the benching. Not tired, just not into it.

A little bit of band work in between sets. Nothing crazy here but got the main lifts in. Hoping to hit some heavier rows later this week. Lower back and knees were a little grumpy from flooring my basement the last couple days. Gettin’ old it seems.

8 Likes

Don’t you love how you have this list of projects around the house and when you finally get around to doing them, you move?

We ignored a couple simple things for years but they got done as soon as we put the house on the market.

1 Like

Workout “catch up”

4 Likes

Ya, I’ve spoke to a bunch of people about this over the last couple weeks. It seems we are not alone. When the motivation to do house improvements is just “to make it look pretty”, I have a tough time being bothered. When it turns into “this is going to make me money/make my house sell faster” it climbs the priority list!

Lol, well keep in mind this is sumo cheats.

2 Likes

@kleinhound @j4gga2

I apologize that this gets a hair inappropriate at the end…
:)~

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/ftyte1/stand-up-joe-rogan--hardcore-vegans

3 Likes