Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

@strongmanvinny2 - Ok, good to know thanks. I’ve tried it a handful of times with really light weight. The actual pain that my thumb was in was tolerable, but the discomfort of my 2nd knuckle (?) from twisting my thumb seemed to bother it for awhile after the workout. Maybe this is just something you get used to and it stops bothering you the more you do it. Then again, if I’m going to be able to use straps during competition I’m not sure it is worth sacrificing my thumbs for training.

@MarkKO - I think you’re more than qualified to pop in with an opinion! Good to know. I think this definitely confirms my plan to work up to as high as I can with double overhand and then either strap up, or learn some hook grip and give that a go.

Thanks gents!

05/10/2017

AM

Weight Loss PR:
199.8lbs!

I’m not going to lie, I was quite please to see this. Now it is just a matter of holding steady at this weight and seeing if I can drop an extra pound or three in the remaining 3 weeks.

After going low carb for 5-6 weeks and now reintroducing them am seeing the scale moving downwards. Yesterday I consumed over 200g of carbs (Bagel with breakfast, Finibar/Plazma Pre-workout, 3 pieces of whole wheat bread for dinner) and woke up to this weight. I also kept water intake quite high throughout the day/evening.

I was making sausages for lunch prep, and they looked too good to pass up. So I decided to have them on bread as well to spoil myself a little.

Sausages are a go-to for my lunch meal prep because they are delicious cold and leftover. Chicken breast the following day is usually dry and a chore to eat. Chicken is obviously the ‘better’ choice in terms of cals vs protein (less fat), but since I’m loosening up right now, sausages are a perfect compliment to a spinach salad.

This morning I made:

Some minor tweaks to his recipe (just because either I was lazy or didn’t have the ingredient):

STEP 1 - make your proats

• 1/3 organic quick oats
  • enough unsweetened almond milk to cover
  • leave in fridge overnight

STEP 2 - add the rest when you’re ready to make your meal

• 1 scoop Metabolic Drive Chocolate (gonna try Vanilla tomorrow)
  • 2tsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 1tsp cocoa
  • 1 large whole egg
  • 1/2tsp baking soda
  • (opt.) 0 cal sweetener, I used a stevia packet

STEP 3 - mix and microwave
-Pretty easy here. Mix it all together, mine took 2 minutes in the microwave.

Topped with homemade maple syrup and a small handful of crushed walnuts.

6 Likes