Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

Option two, and um, holy wow, no homo

4 Likes

@Koestrizer - Thanks for the comments man. I agree, but I always appreciate the validation from other experienced lifters as sometimes I get tunnel vision and miss some obvious issues with my programming.

@MarkKO - Awesome, thanks for the reassurance. Haha thanks man, even though the scale hasn’t moved substantially there has been some progress made which is great to see.

I’m anticipating the additional conditioning involved in Alpha’s typical workout will definitely aid in the stripping of some additional fat.

2 Likes

#TODAY

Phase 1: Week 4

Workout 2: Back, Biceps, Abs

Kroc Row
105 x 10
155 x 6 x 4 DROP SET 105 x 10

These are getting easier.

Superset
BB Bent Over Row
255 x 5 x 4 Drop Set 225lbs x 8 (Straps)

Chinups + 70lbs
4, 3, 3 Drop Set BW x 8

Superset
Straight Arm Band Pulldowns
Red + Blue Mini Bands x 12 x 4

BB Curl
135 x 5, 5, 5, 4 Drop Set 45lbs x 20

Superset
DB Incline Curls
35lbs x 7, 4, 5 DROP SET 25lbs x 7

One-arm High Band Curl
Blue Mini Band x 6 x 3 Drop Set Red Band x 8

Giant Set
Reverse Crunches
15, 15, 15

Crunches
20, 20, 20

Ab Wheel
10, 10, 10

1 Like

Wow! You look awesome! Great job!

2 Likes

LOOKING GREAT on that progress btw.

This. You had a nice deload now get to that strongman prep!!

Hahahaha I just made a list of stuff to google today. This was part of that long list.

2 Likes

@ChickenLittle - Thanks for the encouragement, much appreciated!

@BOTSLAYER - Thanks man, I am REALLY looking forward to it.

I’m not the one to explain this as I have never run this strategy of 5/3/1 before, this is the post that I refer to when looking for the explanation on it (which I now see I even regurgitated incorrectly):
Great post by @Ramo here:
"Leader (2 cycles): less intensive work on main lift (e.g., 5s pro), higher volume supplemental (e.g., BBS, SSL), lower volume assistance
Anchor (1 cycle): higher intensity on main work (e.g., PR set, Jokers), less supplemental work (nothing, FSL), higher volume of easy assistance

TM testing between and at the end. Conditioning tailored to what you need.

Concept is simple. Like in many training approaches, you’re moving from a higher volume, less intense base block to a higher intensity block. Just different terminology."

4 Likes

Solid progress, looking full, all you need now is to start an instagram account with coach attached to the title, charge a ridiculous price and buy your mansion haha well done boyo! finished package is gonna be a strong showing.

4 Likes

03/23/2017

Phase 1: Week 4

Workout 3: Shoulders, Traps, Calves

Strict BB OHP
45 x 5
95 x 5
115 x 5
135 x 5
165 x 5
185 x 5
205 x 5 ← Tied a previous 5RM
225 x 1 ← Wow, thought I was going for 3 on this set, and barely eeked out one. More volume than usual on my pyramid up to this weight.
205 x 3
185 x 5
165 x 5
135 x 5

Felt good to get some OHP volume in. I actually enjoyed the pyramid that way as well…hmmmm.

Superset
Seated DB OHP
50lbs x 10, 12, 12, 10

DB Lat Raise
35 x 8 x 4

Superset
45lb Plate Front Raise (to fully overhead)
5 reps x 3sets Drop Set 35lb Plate 5

Rear Delt Fly/Hang and Swings (35lb DBs)
5/10, 5/10, 5/10

Workout ended there. I had a birthday dinner to go to. ~45mins. Great shoulder pump, rear delts were fried.

2 Likes

Hate you. Gotta build my home gym up soon.
If you have stones in contest, you should probably be hammering those.

3 Likes

The events haven’t been posted yet, to my knowledge. I plan on putting some sufficient work in with the stones regardless because I bought them at the start of winter and haven’t given them any love yet. things are finally starting to warm up out there!

Also this morning for breakfast I made Rob’s little recipe from his thread:

This was very good! I honestly wasn’t sure about the whole onion, garlic, syrup combo, but it was good and wife-approved.
Although my wife and I may have added this year’s homemade maple syrup on top rather than a 0cal syrup. But still, good recipe to have in the back pocket.

4 Likes

I feel like this is a canadian stereotype :smiley:

2 Likes

Does this help with the stereotype? All syrup is bottled in our empty bottles of Canadian Whiskey.

5 Likes

Also, this just happened:

I’m looking forward to this one, and I’m happy to support the coaches/trainers that I use the most info from. I’ve purchased books from CT/Paul Carter as well. If only Brian shipped his merchandise to Canada I’d help him out as well!

3 Likes

OMG YES!!! That is awesome and why I claim to be Canadian.

1 Like

Psst… Canadian Whiskey :nauseated_face::nauseated_face::nauseated_face:

Haha awww your pretty little stomach can’t handle it? :wink:

3 Likes

03/24/2017

Phase 1: Week 3

Workout 4: Legs, Abs

Squats
45 x 5
135 x 5
225 x 5
275 x 3
315 x 3
365 x 3
405 x 3
455 x 3 ← Ties rep PR, watching the video I might be a tad high. Don’t care.
405 x 3
405 x 3

Happy to see the squat strength is still kicking around.

Superset
Walking DB Lunges
50lbs DBs x 12 (6/leg) x 4sets

Not heavy or difficult for the legs, but kept the sweat coming and I like getting in some unilateral work.

Leg Extensions
100lbs x 12
125 x 12 x 4

Superset
Lying Leg Curls
50 x 10
75 x 10
100lbs x 10 x 3

Romanian Deadlift
225 x 5
275 x 5 x 3 R/P 10

Giant Set
Hanging Leg Raise
12 x 3

Kneeling Banded Crunch
Red + Blue Mini Bands x 12 x 3

2 Likes

At least show us the video haha, don’t tease us like that!

1 Like

Nice man, looks good! On a high day I use cinnamon toast crunch, tastes like french toast :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry to blue-ball you there Ben. Here you go!

EDIT:

Additional note, my right elbow is in some very nasty pain today. Woke up a few times in the night because of it. I think I just slept on it wrong, but the squatting may have bothered it a bit without noticing.

Hopefully the pain won’t be sticking around long, I really want to jump into this new training program next week at 100%.

5 Likes