Maple Syrup Strength (littlesleeper)

Wouldn’t elite Olympic lifters be a better example?

I like watching Olympic lifters on Youtube. Look for Rebeka Koha. She’s freaking strong now; a 120kg clean while weighing 58kg competition weight.

Elite Crossfit women have nothing on her.

Elite CrossFitters don’t measure up to anyone who specializes in any one aspect of the competitions. They’re not elite, but they seem to be really good at many things. I admire that.

4 Likes

07/06/2017

##Day 2 - Push/Pull

Band Pullaparts SS/ Handstands
Submaximal - used as warmup, and handstands are fun.

15/15s x 4

Weighted Dips SS/ Weighted Wide Grip Pullups

BW x 8 / +25lbs x 6
+25 x 8 / +25lbs x 6
+35 x 8 / +25lbs x 6
+45 x 8 / +25lbs x 6
+60 x 8 / +25lbs x 6
+70 x 8 / +25lbs x 6

Incline DB Press SS/ Db Seal Row
Using 70lb DBs:
10/15
10/15
10/15

OH Tricep Extension SS/ Hammer Curl SS/ Lat Raise
Using 30lb DBs:
12/12/12
12/12/12
12/12/12

Good pumpin’ workout.

07/08/2017

##Day 3 - Upper/Lower
Log Clean (once) and Press SS/ SGHP
85 x 5 / 45 x 8
105 x 5 / 95 x 8
135 x 5 / 135 x 6
175 x 3 x 5 / 185 x 4 x 6
175 x 8

Ok, oops. Either I completely forgot the weight of my Log or it has dried out since I’ve owned it (unlikely - but possible?). I think I’ve been calculating my weight of the empty log as 85lbs, but after repping the 175lbs relatively easily, I weighed it and it was only 155…so the log is actually only 65lbs. I love the feeling of thinking you’re strong, just to have that crushed by realizing your mistake in gym math…
Anywho, just subtract 20lbs from the above log work.

SSB Squats
135 x 10
185 x 10
225 x 10 x 4
135 x 20

Oh ya, this was fun. Knee wasn’t terribly happy with it, but I enjoyed it.

Ab Wheel Rollouts
15, 15, 15

This was a very fun workout, short sweet and effective.

Short week, mixed with some other crazy nonsense in the evening pushed my workouts a little later in the week than I prefer. Tomorrow I’ll play around with some implements and/or deadlifts but not go too hard as I’ll be starting my full week 2 of the program on Monday and want to be relatively fresh.

7 Likes

The absolute worst!

3 Likes

07/09/2017

Day 4 - Deadlift

Weather has been a little unpredictable today. It was sunny this morning so I cut the grass, then it rained pretty hard. Then the sun came back out and my wife and I went for a walk with the dog and got ice cream (chocolate peanut butter on a waffle cone) and as we were heading home it started pouring again.
I decided to do some light deadlifts today rather than strongman since it was now pretty wet out.
Still feeling some leg DOMS from yesterdays SSB volume.

As I was setting up the bar, I remembered that awhile ago I was getting into the squat stance deadlift, but for one reason or another it fell out of my training so I decided today would be squat stance DL.

Sorry for the long intro, but I’m currently a little excited…

Back Extensions SS/ Band Pullaparts
BW x 10 x 3 / 33, 33, 33

Squat-Stance DL
135 x 5
225 x 5
315 x 5
365 x 3
405 x 3
455 x 3 ← Added straps on this set
495 x 1
545 x 1
585 x 1 ← I failed this weight just month or so ago. Felt like it moved quick, so PR TIME!
605 x 1 ← +5lb PR, it has been a LONG time since setting a PR, so this felt amazing.

Finished off with a little foam rolling and stretching. Yes, the plan coming into this workout was some light DL volume.

Looking for a deadlift PR? It’s all about your pre-workout nutrition: Chocolate, Peanut Butter Ice Cream on a Waffle Cone. I trucking love being in a calorie surplus. I can’t wait until my knee is 90%+ pain free, because I’ll be coming for that 520lb squat PR!

I’m still a little amped up on Nose Tork.

Also, this PR brings my Gym Lifetime PR Total to 1500lbs. Obviously couldn’t rock this in a meet, but still a goal to just drive this PR Total as high as possible.

12 Likes
11 Likes

As he pulls a 600 :no_mouth:

Good job mate, it came up really nice!

You could pull 7 in a short time. That was quite smooth.
And not only was it pretty smooth, it’s a stance you haven’t done/practiced in a while.

3 Likes

Haha, ya I like to have plans going into a workout, yet I often find myself kind of wingin’ it based on feel. If DL is feeling strong, you can bet I’ll be looking for a PR if left to my own devices.

Thanks man, but 7 might still be a couple years away. It’s a number that I definitely feel I can reach if I keep training hard, but I don’t see it falling in less than 12 months. I guess “short time” is relative, so you might have been referring to a couple years anyway…

Even though I haven’t practiced it much, I think it seems to be one of my stronger DL stances.

And look at that, 1 week on Brady’s program and I hit a deadlift PR!

3 Likes

Looooooooooooool I must be magic.

Yes, I was referring to 3 years or less for the pull.

4 Likes

Fuck yeah! That’s awesome. Looked so good. I want to pull 600 lbs again. Sometime in the next year…

2 Likes

Not to detract from Brady’s program but that’s the beauty of Training Maximally. You get to build up to your TM and then you have some options.

I’ve also experienced my PRs on unexpected days. It makes up for the days you go in to crush it and end up getting crushed.

How dare you take credit from me. I have had a hand in planning 4 of @littlesleeper’s workouts, I obviously know what’s best for him and how he needs to progress.

5 Likes

He peaked! You should sell that program.

##4 Days to a Deadlift PR

3 Likes

Based on his Neuro type, I knew that chocolate peanut butter ice cream was necessary for a sumo stance deadlift PR. If he was planning on pulling conventional it would have been cookie dough.

6 Likes

Ok, glad to know we’re on the same timeline there then.

Thanks man, I’m sure it won’t be long with the strong pulling you’ve been having. Plus settling into your new weight class will take some time to build back up, but likely pretty quickly.

Oh yes, the beauty and the curse. It does give me the opportunity to auto-regulate, but honestly I don’t think I’m advanced enough to do that effectively. I think 80% of my Training Maximally sessions would end with me pushing a little too far and doing more than I should.

1 Like

On another note, I’ve been making these for my nightly snack. Just 1/2 cup yogurt, 1 scoop Metabolic Drive Chocolate, 1/2 Harvest Crunch Granola Cereal and 1 banana. End up being 355cals, 52g carbs, 6g fat and 28g protein. It’s delicious.

Also, Metabolic Drive provided a bad buzz this evening. Damn scoop was at the bottom of the bag.

4 Likes

I’m not sure how well I auto regulate myself but I doubt I really have what it takes to push myself to the point of over training lol

I’d hit a PR every day if I could but most days the best stops moving all before that so I settle for some decent singles or doubles.

1 Like

Well boy am I sore today!

Lower back is torched. I did some foam rolling and stretching this morning and took a couple Ibuprofin. Tonight I’ll cycle on the AirDyne a bit to get the blood moving and likely some more stretching and foam rolling.

All good though, I’ll take some discomfort for a PR. Not injured, just sore. It’s been awhile since I’ve been able to push my lifts like that, I’m not used to it!

4 Likes

Fuck yeah man

2 Likes