Manning MVP?

What the hell? His passer rating was in the 80’s. No long passes, and if it weren’t for the running game - the Bears probably would have won.

At the very least Adai and Rhodes should have been co-MVP’s - but I would go even further and say that Dominique Rhodes had the MVP performance tonight.

Well, it certainly wasn’t Grossman. He sucks.

Also, how many million dollars do you have to earn to know that you should carry the ball in TWO hands in the rain? You can’t blame the rain for all those fumbles. Some pretty fucking poor ball security in that game.

Yeah, Peyton didn’t deserve it. But he’s the Face of the NFL, so they gave it to him. Could of had black head coach win Super bowl AND black Super Bowl MVP.

The “MAN” is a low down mother…

Rex Grossman should’ve been the Colt’s MVP.

Rhodes or Addai should have got it. Both had great games.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
What the hell? His passer rating was in the 80’s. No long passes, and if it weren’t for the running game - the Bears probably would have won.

[/quote]

I take it you missed the bomb to Harrison?

Damn, I mean Wayne.

Honestly, I don’t think anyone really stood out, so there was no reason to give it to someone other than the QB.

[quote]jtrinsey wrote:
Rex Grossman should’ve been the Colt’s MVP.[/quote]

HAHAHAHAH. Best answer ever.

[quote]wfifer wrote:
Honestly, I don’t think anyone really stood out, so there was no reason to give it to someone other than the QB. [/quote]

very good point

If Bob Sanders would have run the INT back for a TD he probaly would have got it. Didn’t he cause a fumble also? (Well who didn’t I guess)

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
jtrinsey wrote:
Rex Grossman should’ve been the Colt’s MVP.

HAHAHAHAH. Best answer ever.[/quote]

My buddy is a hardcore Bears fan, so needless to say I hate the Bears with a passion.

Unfortunately, I was arguing with the ex for the entire second half, and so by the time I figured out the Colts won it was to late to make fun…

Damnit.

Rhodes should have gotten it, or Sanders.

But Peyton finally got it, and it seems right that he got the MVP too. I doubt Addai and Rhodes will be bitter about it.

When in doubt give it to the QB. It is the way it always is handed out.

The MVP could have gone to a number of guys. The thing to remember is that Peyton Manning’s brilliance in the game was not just stats, but playcalling. He - and the Colts - knew the Bears were playing them for the deep ball, plus the weather dictated that the passing game would not be effective. Manning continued to call run plays when he could have tried to look downfield for the big play.

I could have given the MVP to the RBs, but not to be overlooked is the fact that Manning could not have cared less about his stats and played one hell of a chess game to beat the Bears. Most impressive stat was not quarterback rating, but time of possession.

My buddy and I were talking about who should get the MVP towards the end of the game. Neither one of us could come up with a solid answer.

My thought was and still is that it should have been Rhodes.

[quote]KO421 wrote:
wfifer wrote:
Honestly, I don’t think anyone really stood out, so there was no reason to give it to someone other than the QB.

very good point

If Bob Sanders would have run the INT back for a TD he probaly would have got it. Didn’t he cause a fumble also? (Well who didn’t I guess)[/quote]

Sanders did run it back, they reviewed it and it stood.

[quote]UtahLama wrote:
Sanders did run it back, they reviewed it and it stood.[/quote]

Sanders’ INT was not a pick-6. The other guy - #26 - was the one who ran it back.

I wonder if Grossman has started looking through the want-ads yet.

[quote]rainjack wrote:
UtahLama wrote:
Sanders did run it back, they reviewed it and it stood.

Sanders’ INT was not a pick-6. The other guy - #26 - was the one who ran it back.

I wonder if Grossman has started looking through the want-ads yet. [/quote]

You are 100% right… it was Hayden.