Manliest Man of '07 List

alex Rodriguez??? What on earth is manly about him?

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
alex Rodriguez??? What on earth is manly about him?[/quote]

Being the best in the world at what you do isn’t a bad start…

Well said.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
SinisterMinister wrote:
gatesoftanhauser wrote:

So if you were THE BEST male ballet dancer in the world you would be a manly man?

So if you were THE BEST eunuch to ever serve the Yemeni royal court you would be a manly man?

So if you were THE BEST boy band singer in the world you would be a manly man?

So if you were THE BEST male cocksucker in the world you would be a manly man?

C’mon. Being the best at something doesn’t make you manly although a manly man should strive at being best.[/quote]

[quote]pushharder wrote:
SinisterMinister wrote:
gatesoftanhauser wrote:

So if you were THE BEST male ballet dancer in the world you would be a manly man?

So if you were THE BEST eunuch to ever serve the Yemeni royal court you would be a manly man?

C’mon. Being the best at something doesn’t make you manly although a manly man should strive at being best.[/quote]

Best cocksucker!!! I get your point, but c’mon… :slight_smile:
I guess I’ll clarify: Being the most dominant offensive player in a masculine sport, being on pace to shatter one of the MANLIEST records ever (Most Career MLB Home Runs), and being a shoe-in for the Hall Of Fame at the age of 32 isn’t exactly pussy material.

And to be fair, while I’m no Beckham fan, the guy is a significantly better athlete than 99.9% of the people on this site. Being a Captain on a premier team in the biggest sport in the world is no joke. He may not wipe his ass with steel wool, but there aren’t many pussies who succeed at that caliber of sport

Edit: That being said, I would never include David Beckham on a ‘manly’ list. Randy Couture? Definitely.

[quote]SinisterMinister wrote:
gatesoftanhauser wrote:

[/quote]

Many would use the same arguement for Beckham. Doesn’t make him any more “manly”.

cueball

(edit) Push beat me to it and was much more colorful so, disregard this post and I’ll just throw in a “what he said”.

I don’t know what yall are acting so surprised about, remember when GQ made Jennifer Aniston Man of the Year a few years ago? This kind of bullshit ain’t going out of style anytime soon.

Thanks for the story about Murphy.

As a life long Yankee fan, A-Rod should not be anywhere near that list. Has there ever been a player in baseball history that, year after year, dominates during the regular season yet completely chokes during the post season?

He could finish his career with a 1000 homers but it wouldn’t change the fact that he can not get it done during the play offs. And now he wants 50 million per year. Ridiculous.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
SinisterMinister wrote:
pushharder wrote:
SinisterMinister wrote:
gatesoftanhauser wrote:

C’mon. Being the best at something doesn’t make you manly although a manly man should strive at being best.

Best cocksucker!!! I get your point, but c’mon… :slight_smile:
I guess I’ll clarify: Being the most dominant offensive player in a masculine sport, being on pace to shatter one of the MANLIEST records ever (Most Career MLB Home Runs), and being a shoe-in for the Hall Of Fame at the age of 32 isn’t exactly pussy material.

And to be fair, while I’m no Beckham fan, the guy is a significantly better athlete than 99.9% of the people on this site. Being a Captain on a premier team in the biggest sport in the world is no joke. He may not wipe his ass with steel wool, but there aren’t many pussies who succeed at that caliber of sport

Edit: That being said, I would never include David Beckham on a ‘manly’ list. Randy Couture? Definitely.

I wasn’t busting your chops and I don’t disagree with anything you wrote. But I do have an deep aversion to hero worship of celebrities and athletes. I know, I’m getting off track slightly but I thought it would “color in me in” so to speak so you know where I’m coming from.

The Foxsports list is revolting, asinine, and stupid marketing fluff.[/quote]

LOL @ the ballet dancer/cocksucker comments, and totally agreed about the list being revolting, asinine, stupid marketing fluff.

I get the impression that AskMen.com is a site for metrosexual bull fags who think that THAT is the way men are supposed to be these days.

As has been said before, that list makes me want to jam a fork in my ballsack! Grrrrrrr

The second list in response to it was way better.