Manga and Anime Thread

Gurren Lagann is fully dubbed. The first few episodes can be slow, but it gets really good.

Berserk is fucking incredible. They did a fully dubbed run on it, but it only covers a small part of the story, the rest is all in print which they never animated, so don’t expect an actual ending to that one. This is probably the darkest piece of any media I’ve ever seen.

Hajime no Ippo has a whole season or two dubbed, the rest subbed. It’s so fucking good man. Lots of gym related stuff too.

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
Still not enough. It needs to be something that would render him completely silent. Something neither you nor I would want to post on this forum lol.[/quote]

Ya, that’s why I deliberately chose the start of that particular bit of nastiness, instead of outright posting Casca’s rape scene.[/quote]
Dude spoilers!!!

But yea, stuff like your best friend turning into a demon and raping your wife to death in front of you is something I’d probably hold off on until my kid was at least a teenager lol.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Hajime no Ippo has a whole season or two dubbed, the rest subbed. It’s so fucking good man. Lots of gym related stuff too.[/quote]
On the note of gym stuff, also check out Kenichi and Grappler Baki.

[quote]csulli wrote:
Dude spoilers!!![/quote]

Sorry =( I wasn’t thinking of that.

I really like Berserk too. The themes they explore is unique out of the mangas I’ve read and I find it quite interesting, if possibly a bit shallow if taken too seriously.

I actually don’t like anime all that much. But then again I rarely saw any anime outside of standard serialized stuff like Naruto back when I was young. Probably not the best sample size!

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
Dude spoilers!!![/quote]

[/quote]
Well to be fair it’s like 20 years old. I don’t think you can really call spoilers on that anymore rofl.

[quote]csulli wrote:

[quote]magick wrote:

[quote]csulli wrote:
Dude spoilers!!![/quote]

[/quote]
Well to be fair it’s like 20 years old. I don’t think you can really call spoilers on that anymore rofl.[/quote]
Mfw people spoil the Bible all the time.