Manchester Terror Attack

When you say the price of departing the faith is death, you get a more motivated audience. That’d be my guess.

It’s also the reason why I don’t buy the census on Islam, being as large as it is and growing like it is. Until every person is free to choose their religion without the fear of severe repercussions imposed by a societal edict if not state sanctioned, then I don’t buy the numbers. Of the 1.6 billion how many are free to choose otherwise? Very few is my guess…

Increasingly less. The UK’s former Muslim population live, basically, in secrecy and that is the UK.

1 Like

Another 3 attacks in London tonight. Stay safe to all posters in London. I am trying to contact all my folks in London to be sure they are safe, I suggest you all do the same.

All London posters, stay safe and be careful. God speed and and God bless.

Bonis nocet quiquis pepercerit malis

Si Vis Pachem Para Bellum

Deus Vult

1 Like

Here we go again. There is a limit, hAve we hit it or do more have to die.
My sympathies grow increasingly less as these attacks continue.

Everyday raj continues to be proved more and more right. One of these days, he will be completely vindicated.

Constitutional rights such as the first amendment only applies to US citizens and aliens who are on US soil.That is why the Guantanamo detention facility was built. If we brought those prisoners to the US as Obama wanted we would have to grant them the full protection of the bill of rights.

Immigration and customs have some different rules from domestic law enforcement also. For example even if you are a US citizen Customs does not need a search warrant to go through your bags or search you if you are trying to enter the country or if you have a car they can dismantle it and they don’t need to prove probable cause.

Nope. Answer to Islamic fascism isn’t domestic fascism.

On a side note, a former jihadi Shiraz Maher (yes, former jihadi) published a fascinating book that should be on everyone’s reading list. Here’s a very short review of it in the New Statesman:

Here are two very poignant quotes:

So, it is striking that he should open his book by slapping down his cards very firmly on the table. “Yes,” he ­acknowledges, “Islamic State is more brazen and ruthless than its predecessors but the ideas that guide it are well established in radical Sunni thought. Their roots are grounded in the experiences of Sunni Islam over the last century and beyond.”

Maher’s book, with its cast of obsessional ideologues arguing furiously and often violently over details of scripture, all the while condemning co-religionists of whom they disapprove as idolators and waiting eagerly for the end of the world, will seem eerily familiar to students of Anabaptist Münster or Calvin’s Geneva. All those calling for an Islamic reformation should beware what they wish for. Maher’s book prompts the disquieting reflection that perhaps it has already arrived.

1 Like

Maajid Nawaz’s books are also fascinating on a similar vein.

https://islamism-map.com/#!/filter/all

Coming to a town near you.

1 Like

This is a good point. The protestant reformation was about going “back to basics” and taking their direction solely from scripture, i.e. fundamentalism. Someone who does exactly what the new testament instructs is no threat to society (love your neighbor as yourself, let he who is without sin cast the first stone etc…)

If Wahabist/Salifist Islam is their reformation… that’s bad. If they do exactly as the Koran and the Hadiths instruct then they cannot be part of the West. (“I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them”).

Tommy Robinson is a controversial figure. But he hits more than he misses here.

1 Like

Well, sort of. First of all, pretty much no one does exactly 100% what the New Testament says, even if they claim to do so. So despite claims to the contrary, very very few people in the West take religion literally.

Hadiths and large parts of the Quran are basically just one big practical how-to guide tailored for keeping 7th century unruly desert tribesmen in line. Don’t to this, do this. A lot of the stuff has been haphazardly taken from two older Abrahamic religions, fused for expansion and conquest.

And that’s the difference - Christianity responded to the collapse of the Western Roman Empire by practically inventing the spiritual domain (Thomas Aquinas’ City of God being the prime example) to protect the physical assets of their Roman elites.

“Hello, Germanic invader, you came to burn this city down? But, but I’m not a leading city official to be killed, I’m the bishop, the spiritual shepherd of souls. Leave all of my property alone and I’ll tell you how you can be saved as well”

Successive schisms and reformations (plural) shaped Christianity into what it is today. And no one is seriously contemplating return to some “golden age”.

For example, the pious people of Amsterdam were publicly burning gays at the stake just over 150 years ago. But look how the goal posts have been moved on in all major branches of Christianity, with Russian Orthodox being the least tolerant one.

Sunni Islam - completely different story. It’s a political system, first and foremost. If you’re following it exactly as the Hadiths and the Quran preach, you have to try to overthrow the Western political system in which you live.

And that’s the problem - a significant number of people follows it exactly. You simply cannot brush them aside.

https://twitter.com/holland_tom/status/871311081859424256

3 Likes

From The Guardian liveblog. WHAT. THE. FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK.

I’m assuming there’s a database somewhere containing records with such information - either in Scotland Yard of the Metropolitan Police. Arrest those people whose names are in that database. It’s that simple. No internet policing, no new anti-terror laws.

Just make a sweep and arrest them. Trust me, it can be done very easily. Half-incompetent communist dictatorships did this on a much larger scale.

Police were warned about the main suspect radicalising children in a local park two years ago, a neighbour has revealed.

Erica Gasparri, an Italian mother of three who lives in the same complex, said she confronted the man, known locally as “Abs”, after her son came home and said: “Mummy, I want to be a Muslim.”

Gasparri then went to the park, where she said a “Pakistani man” had stated: “I’m ready to do whatever I need to do in the name of Allah. I am ready in the name of Allah to do what needs to be done, including killing my own mother.”

She said: “I took four photographs of him and gave them to the police. They rang Scotland Yard when I was there and said the information had been passed on to Scotland Yard. They were very concerned. They told me to delete the photos for my own safety which I did but then I heard nothing. That was two years ago. No-one came to me. If they did this could have been prevented and lives could have been saved.

“He would go down to the park and talk to them about Islam and he also came to the houses and gave the kids money and sweets during Ramadan.”
Gasparri said she told other neighbours including a Polish woman, who then tipped off the suspect that he had been reported to police.

Today that woman said she was sorry: “I didn’t know he was a bad guy. Maybe I was blind.”

In a stand-up row near the suspect’s flat on Sunday evening, Erica told the Polish woman: “My first impressions was he was a terrorist radicaliser.”

Met Police said they were aware of the claims, but had no comment at this stage, as they had not released any information about any of the suspects.

2 Likes

I lack the words to express my rage currently. Truly I do. WHAT ARE THEY DOING? LIFT THESE FUCKS OFF THE STREETS.

1 Like

Until the people of the U.K. stop genuflecting to Islam and go on the offensive its going to keep happening.

Every time you bow to their violence they see that as a signal for more.

Stop Doing That.

Its an island for Gods sake. Kick them off of it. Violently.

3 Likes

That was kind of my point. I have met some people who by my non-theologian estimation are living out the new testament 100%. They are missionaries mostly. They are probably 5% of Christians max… that’s the point. The most fundamentalist Christians are actually a positive to society (charity work, orphanages etc.)

The 5% most fundamentalist Muslims are ISIS.

We agree on this. I just think it’s weird. Most any other religion if you follow it to the letter you become more enlightened and peaceful: Hindus/Budhists/Christians/Jews. The present day leaders of these aren’t calling for holy war and the murder of innocents.

Shoutout to the plain clothes officer who rugby tackled a knife-wielding terrorist who was wearing a fake suicide vest. He got some stab wounds but saved lives.

6 Likes

I don’t get your point mate, who’s bowing to who?

It’s your government bowing to Saudi Arabia like a lapdog, your government is complicit in these situations for stoking this fire. How can 15 Saudi hijackers kill 3,000 people in NY and not one single question asked about giving the same people billions in weapons??

Keep your silly opinions to yourself.

They’ll remove them when they don’t need them.