Manchester Terror Attack

For the record, guys, were I capable of being effectively armed, I’d be willing to see what happens. I’ve got 3 choices as a Uk citizen.
1.Be unarmed, and hope the state picks up the slack. 2 Agitate for an equivalent of the 2nd, and fight a losing battle on personal self defence in the U.K. 3. Move to the US. Some of you know I favour the 3rd, but until I can make it happen, I have to play the table as it is. Apologies for the formatting, I am typing off a tablet.

4 Likes

While regrettable, playing the hand you are dealt until you can improve it is a necessary skill. I hope you can make it across the pond soon. I’m not sure we have anything that can match the scenery in Ireland but we certainly have a wide variety of great scenery of our own.

1 Like

While that’s commendable the right to bear arms would’ve done nothing for these little girls.

Being armed as a private citizen is only helpful when you’ve identified the threat and failed to use the force ladder to escape it: identify, avoid, de-escalate, escape. Only when all those fail is using deadly force wise.

Unless you’re talking about armed conflict with jihadists in the streets of Londistan. Good luck with that.

1 Like

As heartless as it is BG, I am more worried about protecting me and mine. I can’t stop the worst things happening, but if it happens to me I want more even odds.

2 Likes

I have little hope of stopping all this awful shit, just like you guys can’t stop some loser shooting up a high school. Truth be told mate, I am angry and just don’t know how to deal with the fact that my parents are living in a terror danger zone.

1 Like

I think in you case, friend, I’d settle for the company.

1 Like

What skills do you guys need, by the way? You’re a very techical employee, so you might know a thing or two. :slight_smile:

1 Like

We’d be glad to have you.

2 Likes

The one thing I hate about the UK is that if there is a armed attacker in your home you have to fight them off with a butter knife as you can’t have weapons.

I’d still fuck someone up with a butter knife but would rather shoot them and not risk it.

2 Likes

Pruchase:

1. High density polyethylene container
  2. Hydroflouric acid

Burglar? What burglar? No officer, I haven’t seen any burglars in this neighborhood. Thanks for your concern.

5 Likes

I really hear you mate, and the anger is definitely justified. These are not civilized people. I can relate to wanting to keep the odds even also. I think it’s one reason we yanks seem so unbalanced to outsiders haha.

Thank you very much sir. The feeling is definitely mutual! I have a fair amount of the Midwest covered here so the tour might last a while, although I have the intuition that conversations over beers (and/or whiskey) would be extremely interesting and varied. They’re the best kind in any case.

Well I’d make a crack about lawyers but…

You have all the skills needed… You’d just have to get used to Americanized English (and I am so sorry in advance for that lol). We decided to mangle the Queen’s English long ago.

1 Like

That’s where we yanks think you all are crazy lol. Why be forced by law to get close to them to defend yourself in the first place??

2 Likes

I wouldn’t think your in the minority, taking out the enemy is absolutely in our best interest, pretendin we are not at war is nearly as dangerous as possessing the ideology that promotes terror.
This is a religious war, we didn’t make it so, Islamists did that and a stunning lack of rebuke from the muslim community at large are culpableand made this a fact of the matter.
The difference is that we are not interested in imposing a faith upon them, we are trying to stop them from killing us because of theirs which makes it unique in the case of religious warfar.
Nevertheless, I am for establishing a clear end game and engaging the enemy with ever increasing escalation until our goal is acomplished.

I do see smatterings of escalation taking place though not sure of the goal, yet. I know we have some boots down in Syria were we previously didn’t. French special forces are operating in Syria and we have something significant going on in Yemen. And I was pleased to see Egypt bomb the shit out of ISIS in Lybia and asking thr US to get serious about fighting ISIS.
So you and I are getting our wish at least some. I don’t know the declared end game is yet, but I feel we are heading in the right direction.
I am with you with kill ISIS where ever they are. We are at war, let’s fight to win, not fight to keep fighting. France will help, the UK will too. Let’s go.

2 Likes

I would add sulfuric acid to the mix to catalyze it.

"BTW, do you know the number for hazardous waste disposal? "

1 Like

I stole that from breaking bad.

Turns out two chem students in France tried to replicate the show. They were making and distributing meth. When one of their dealers went on a bender and didn’t bring the money back they murdered her and put her body in acid in her own apartment.

They were going to let it sit for a week and then dispose of the acid. Well guess who’s mom showed up for a visit with her half dissolved daughter in the apartment?

Never get high on your own supply.

2 Likes

I know you’re pissed. We are too. This is the consequence of long too liberal immigration laws and it’s tough to roll them back and deal with the consequences of what is already.
The answers aren’t easy and yet they are really so easy, we know who the terrorists are.
The trick is to deal with them while not end up screwing yourself.
I understand you are young, have you thought about join the armed forces? The UK has a great military.

I recognized it. And that’s gross…

Written by a British Libyan. Thoughts?

2 Likes

Article was rather simple:

1. Islamists exist.
  2. They’re ingrateful assholes who hate the west.
  3. They can “weaponise” a person regardless of how the host society treats the individual.
  4. The west (UK) refuses to acknowledge and address the issue with honesty.
  5. He offered no solution.

He wrote under a pen name. He’s scared of retribution… the question is: Who is he afraid of?
Answer: Fellow Muslims.

Follow up question: Are Islamist Imams Jedi? Or are their marks just really stupid? Many Protestant Pastors and Catholic Priests have to work just to get the congregation to show up to church and give to Charity, join youth group etc…

These guys are convincing adult males to throw away the next 80+ years of their life for Jihad. This was no illiterate goat-herder in Afghanistan. Nor did he attend a Madrasa. This kid should have known critical thinking skills by college. I just don’t see the logic. “You know what would help the cause of Jihad Abedi? If you killed a bunch of little girls.”

2 Likes

“Britain has a long history of (relatively gradual) immigration and, most importantly, assimilation that has been, as much as anything, the result of acceptance by host communities – mostly at the levels of the working and lower middle classes.”

It actually has a very short history of current levels. in the aggregate history of the UK, the last 30 years have been a profound sea change. Even assimilation of less Alien cultures was notable and slow.

“We can have all sorts of differences in class, outlook and background, as long as there is some common thread, some notion of shared interest, history and destiny that binds us together as a community. This is what Islamists and their apologists both reject. One because it violates their claim to govern humanity in the name of God, and the other because it sounds uncouth and parochial.”

This is correct. I would merely add that they aren’t the only people attempting to pull down these shared values, a great deal of the political class is also.

“Openly discussing Islamism is not an attack on me or any other British Muslim. We are the hostages of Islamism and its vampire preachers who weaponised Salman Abedi and used him to slaughter 22 innocents, in the midst of their joy, out of sheer spite. Speaking frankly and honestly about this horror is the only hope we have of emerging from it as anything resembling a cohesive British family.”

100% agreed. Shame this fellow would risk death if he put a face to the pen-name.

This is the circular logic of the Islamist victimhood narrative that almost every Muslim growing up in the UK will have been exposed to at one time or another. Western governments, and therefore Western societies, are to blame for all instances of intervention in Muslim majority countries, and are equally culpable should they fail to intervene.

This part I would like to put in bold. it is also the argument of the extreme left in the UK. Make of that what you will .