Managing Long Hair

Do any of you guys have long hair and if so, how do you manage it?

It’s been a year since my last hair cut. I didn’t start out planning to go long but i was really busy at home and at work, I couldn’t get an appointment in so one day I just said “screw it” and decided to let it grow long.

I mostly like it but it is getting annoying having it in my face all the time. It kind of makes me feel like a teenager the way I have to toss my head one way or another to get it out of my face. I’m at the point now where I have to either cut it or figure out how to keep it out of my face. I had my heart set on doing the Man Bun but Max said that isn’t cool so I have to change my plan. For those of you who don’t know I’m joking about the man-bun, which is probably all of you, no I’m not serious about that.

Anyway, so what the heck do guys with long hair do? A pony tail doesn’t seem like me and the front really isn’t long enough to pull back into a ponytail anyway. An 80’s style sweat band sure isn’t me. I’m not coming up with any other ideas. You guys got any?

By the way, a mullet is out of the question. I decided a long time ago when I do get it cut I’m going to make appointments on back to back days. On the first day I’ll have my hair girl cut it into a full on mullet because when I get home my wife will absolutely flip out and I love pulling that kind of shit. I’ll then go back the next day and have the rest cut.

[quote]on edge wrote:
Do any of you guys have long hair and if so, how do you manage it?

It’s been a year since my last hair cut. I didn’t start out planning to go long but i was really busy at home and at work, I couldn’t get an appointment in so one day I just said “screw it” and decided to let it grow long.

I mostly like it but it is getting annoying having it in my face all the time. It kind of makes me feel like a teenager the way I have to toss my head one way or another to get it out of my face. I’m at the point now where I have to either cut it or figure out how to keep it out of my face. I had my heart set on doing the Man Bun but Max said that isn’t cool so I have to change my plan. For those of you who don’t know I’m joking about the man-bun, which is probably all of you, no I’m not serious about that.

Anyway, so what the heck do guys with long hair do? A pony tail doesn’t seem like me and the front really isn’t long enough to pull back into a ponytail anyway. An 80’s style sweat band sure isn’t me. I’m not coming up with any other ideas. You guys got any?

By the way, a mullet is out of the question. I decided a long time ago when I do get it cut I’m going to make appointments on back to back days. On the first day I’ll have my hair girl cut it into a full on mullet because when I get home my wife will absolutely flip out and I love pulling that kind of shit. I’ll then go back the next day and have the rest cut.[/quote]

Whatever you do, don’t EVER try to pull off this look…unless you’ve got an axe wound between your legs.

I wear a welding beanie. Contrary to my avatar, my hair has been '70s ballad singer length for several years.

I’ve grown my hair long this past year as well. It’s just past my shoulders and upper back, and it’s all the same length from front to back, parted slightly off center. I REFUSE to accept the man-bun (I hate that word) as an option!

When lifting (home gym), I pull it into a ponytail and tie a bandana around my head to catch the sweat. I will not wear a ponytail in public, however. If I have to be in public outdoors on a windy day, I’ll sometimes take thin locks of hair from each side of my part at the front and pull them back behind my head and tie with a small hair band.

I’ll probably be cutting it in Spring because my wife hates it long. I think long hair looks bad-ass on muscular dudes though.

There used to be a couple of long-haired dudes on these forums (Caveman101, Kahuna, and Koh-Daddy… I think).
Maybe they’ll chime in if they’re still here and still have long hair.

If you put it in a “man bun”, you completely deserve it when you get punched in the face.

Edited to correct if to when .

I’ve always managed long hair by wrapping it in my fist while I ride dat ass.

[quote]GhorigTheBeefy wrote:
I’ve always managed long hair by wrapping it in my fist while I ride dat ass.[/quote]

Tsk tsk Ghorig, You’ve already given us too much information to pull this post off. You need to create another account to make posts like this.

Speaking of not being able to pull something off…

This is a look I wish I was cool enough to pull off:

Shoot, let me try this image again.

[quote]on edge wrote:

This is a look I wish I was cool enough to pull off:

[/quote]

You’ll never be cool enough UNTIL you do that Viking hairstyle!

I have very long hair, when I lift I put it in a bun and put a beanie over that. you cant even tell its there until you take it out and its a matted mess lol

[quote]PlutoTheGod wrote:
I have very long hair, when I lift I put it in a bun and put a beanie over that. [/quote]

Not a bad idea, but I’d get overheated really quickly with a complete headcovering.
The headband or bandana allows heat dissipation out the top.

I’m always amazed by bbers who wear thick beanies or hoodies to train, even in hot weather.

[quote]on edge wrote:

I’ve always managed long hair by wrapping it in my fist while I ride dat ass.[/quote]

Tsk tsk Ghorig, You’ve already given us too much information to pull this post off. You need to create another account to make posts like this.

[/quote]

My wife has long hair. So technically I’m batting 100 with my comment.

[quote]on edge wrote:

[/quote]

My wife has long hair. So technically I’m batting 100 with my comment.[/quote]

Yeah but it doesn’t work when everyone knows you’re married (and monogamous). It would work if we thought you might be out pullin’ bitches every weekend.

Gotta get it long enough that the front ties in with the back, than it’s easy. Braid it and / or wear a hair glove.

My hair is long, pretty much for the same reason yours is, I said screw it. I couldn’t ever get a hair cut I liked that fit me so I stopped getting hair cuts. When I was in the in between stage I just dealt with it. If you need to get it out of your face to lift, or to work on your car and it won’t go into a pony tail just wear a hat. Soon it will be long enough to tuck behind your ears. When you hit that stage it’s easy to keep the hair out of your face unless you bend over a lot. So stay out of prison.
This stage will pass, when you are able to get it all in a pony tail then that’s the best solution.
The only thing I don’t like is that it’s a pain in the ass to wash and condition. It just takes a long time. Aside from that, it does not affect my life much. I wear it down most of the time. I only put it up when I need it out of the way.
I was ready to cut it, but the wife put the kibosh on it. She likes the scruffy look, she says. If it were up to her I would look like the dudes on Duck Dynasty. I keep the beard trimmed and neat, she’d like it if I grew that out too.
The only problem with long hair and a beard are the ‘Jesus’ comments. It doesn’t happen often, but it happens and I hate that; I mean I really hate it.
I also hate that everybody has a beard now. When I grew mine out, nobody had a full beard, most dudes with facial hair had the goatee, or were clean shaven. I grew my beard out and 2 years later everybody has one.

1 Like

I like the “Jesus” comments.

Have you tried the bald look?

Get a hair cut you hippy!

I umm… haven’t had to worry about that for some time, damned genetics…

1 Like