Manager at My Gym Pissed Me Off

Ok so check this out. I’m running along on my treadmill just fine. The plastic emblem on the side of the base is SLIGHTLY loose or something. Nothing big. Just when I run on that side of the treadmill it makes a clacking sound for a few seconds. No big deal. I only veer towards that side every few minutes and even then only for a few seconds. So a guy comes up behind me and says “That treadmill is broken, you shouldn’t be on it.” I say, craning my neck around, “No, it’s just the emblem on the side. It’s fine” He says “No, I’m going to go report the treadmill”.

So I go back to running. Several minutes later this girl manager comes over and is looking around the base of my treadmill and the handbikes that are facing my treadmill. (At my gym the cardio equipment is arranged into rows with the rows facing each other, and railings between the rows with TVs on them).

Anyway, I liked this girl when I first started going to this gym, she was friendly. The last few weeks though she’s been rather standoffish when I say hi or whatever to her on my way in or out of the gym. So a few minutes later she’s literally kneeling down underneath the railing in front of the treadmill

Her: “this treadmill is broken”.
Me: explains it exactly the same as I did with the guy before
Her: “well how long do you have left?”
Me: “about 2 minute” (lie, I had 10 but I wanted this bitch to stop talking to me so I could finish).
Her: “Well for your safety I’m going to need you to switch to another treadmill right away”
Me: “fucking A.”

So I stop the treadmill, no cool down or anything. Switch to another one that takes FOREVER to start, meanwhile my fucking calves are cramping up & shins are splinting. So I finish the run and part way through the girl walks by and says “thaaaaaaank you for switching” really flippantly. I honestly think she was just trying to fuck up my workout. She put an ‘out of order’ sign on the treadmill, but I am 99% certain that as I was leaving the gym, it was gone. AAAARG /rant

SIIHP

One particular manager at my gym asks me to not slam the weights every single time I deadlift or rackpull. Every time. Without fail.

Damn commercial gyms.

Go Run outside. Why be another fucking hampster on a wheel. (that is unless you live in some place with really bad weather).

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Some days I have the same emotional response to stuff. Just hits me the wrong way. I just try to think how small their worlds are and get back into my own groove.

A trainer at my gym said something to me and I was not paying attention. He is a nice guy but (kinda pissed) he says to me when I take my headphones off ‘Why don’t you ever talk to anyone?’

I really wanted to say - because I don’t come here to fucking chat and make friends. I am here to work.

It came out as - Sorry, Tough day at work.

That should help.

[quote]xivb4m wrote:
Go Run outside. Why be another fucking hampster on a wheel. (that is unless you live in some place with really bad weather).[/quote]

want me to take a pic of what it looks like outside right now dude?

News @ 11: An increasing number of people are laboring under the delusion that every minor inconvenience suffered during the day is important enough to be shared with the internet.

Afterwards, stay tuned for the soon-to-be-classic “I lost my car keys… no wait, there they are under the table.”

[quote]xivb4m wrote:
Go Run outside. Why be another fucking hampster on a wheel. (that is unless you live in some place with really bad weather).[/quote]

yeah I’m in Boston…some days are ok, but then there’ll be ice on the sidewalks for 5 days straight.

[quote]RWElder0 wrote:
Some days I have the same emotional response to stuff. Just hits me the wrong way. I just try to think how small their worlds are and get back into my own groove.

A trainer at my gym said something to me and I was not paying attention. He is a nice guy but (kinda pissed) he says to me when I take my headphones off ‘Why don’t you ever talk to anyone?’

I really wanted to say - because I don’t come here to fucking chat and make friends. I am here to work.

It came out as - Sorry, Tough day at work.[/quote]

wtf? He asked why you don’t socialize there? Lame. But yeah I hear ya.

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
xivb4m wrote:
Go Run outside. Why be another fucking hampster on a wheel. (that is unless you live in some place with really bad weather).

yeah I’m in Boston…some days are ok, but then there’ll be ice on the sidewalks for 5 days straight. [/quote]

You need some of these and then you can run on anything. They’re call Yak Trax and you can get them at most outdoor stores and any running store. I’m serious, they are awesome. But if there’s snow on the path it can sometimes feel like running on sand.

Why are your shins splinting and your calves cramping?? They shouldn’t be! Be careful running like that.

[quote]debraD wrote:
AccipiterQ wrote:
xivb4m wrote:

yeah I’m in Boston…some days are ok, but then there’ll be ice on the sidewalks for 5 days straight.

You need some of these and then you can run on anything. They’re call Yak Trax and you can get them at most outdoor stores and any running store. I’m serious, they are awesome. But if there’s snow on the path it can sometimes feel like running on sand.

Why are your shins splinting and your calves cramping?? They shouldn’t be! Be careful running like that.
[/quote]

I think it’s because I stopped without cooling down like usual. She was so insistent that I stop immediately with no cool down.

[quote]xivb4m wrote:

I agree, treadmills have their applications but I always run outside if possible. I currently live in north central Wisconsin and I’ve run outside on trails covered in snow past my shins with temperatures as low as -35 with windchill some mornings. Nobody to bother you about broken shit out there.

[quote]Da Vinci wrote:
xivb4m wrote:

I agree, treadmills have their applications but I always run outside if possible. I currently live in north central Wisconsin and I’ve run outside on trails covered in snow past my shins with temperatures as low as -35 with windchill some mornings. Nobody to bother you about broken shit out there.[/quote]

thats a fair bit better a workout then a treadmill, thumbs up to you rocky!