Man with No Calves Wins New York Pro 2020. WTF

I have, and didn’t come to that conclusion. I also didn’t come to the conclusion that there was a clear winner. I thought a few of them had weaknesses. Moore was lacking size. 2nd place lacked upper leg size (which IMO had been judged more important historically).

Many winners have had bad guts and won. Dorian won a Mr Olympia with already worse arms, and one particular year had a bicep tear that made one of his arms even worse.

I’m no expert, just my take.

They look totally normal here :roll_eyes:

S

2 Likes

I agree with your above quote. Patrick Moore has the best genetics on stage for shape. He’s in a hard position, not big enough for open BB, but probably too big for classical physique.
Yes some of the other guy’s had weaknesses, but Ian’s calves are so out of balance it really negates them. I can’t think of a pro BB in recent memory that has such poor calves, and is competitive, let alone wins a pro show.

True, the but every other competitor on stage at the time had a bad gut as well, so you pick the best guy overall on the day.

I can’t overlook that win either, the title should have gone to Nasser. Sure you can hide a torn bicep in some poses and angles, better than calves, but in most mandatory poses its still pretty obvious. That was Dorian’s last competition, and to a large extent his previous wins probably influenced his placing with the judging. He was far from the best version of Dorian, and definitely not the best bodybuilder on stage that day.

1 Like

Maxx Charles, the only really ripped guy in the top six.

Maxx looked pretty darn good, definitely more vascular than Ian. Ian had him on back development, and leg shape. Maxx’s overall package should have got him a higher place,

Completely agree Nasser best him on every pose IMO.

1 Like

Maxx looks damn good. Definitely some of the best conditioning I’ve seen him sporting. I haven’t seen lineup pics, so I can’t comment where I think he should have placed though.

S

Agreed.