T Nation

Man Who Lost His Test

I don’t know if many of you listen to this american life. It’s a pretty entertaining variety show on npr on the weekends. Anyway, I was just looking through archives and I found this one on testosterone.

http://audio.wbez.org/tal/220.m3u

The most interesting section is definately the first, about a man whose body lost the ability to produce test. for 4 months. The effects he encounters reminded me a lot of the atomic dogs of late.

I found this very interesting I recommend others listen to it.

Anyone have any guesses as to how the guy lost all T for 4 months though? It never said.

thats crazy… the first man almost sounded emo when he was without testosterone. I coudnt imagine what it would be like to not think about something with emotion.

[quote]tin_soldier wrote:
thats crazy… the first man almost sounded emo when he was without testosterone. I coudnt imagine what it would be like to not think about something with emotion.[/quote]

What gets me his how he described being so listless. I can’t imagine just sitting for hours doing nothing but staring at a wall like he did.

[quote]tin_soldier wrote:
thats crazy… the first man almost sounded emo when he was without testosterone. I coudnt imagine what it would be like to not think about something with emotion.[/quote]

You contradict yourself. What do you think emo is shortened from: emotional. Yet he felt NO emotion.

Sounded to me more like the experience of a saint. As he mentioned, “seeing things from God’s perspective.”

The most informative account, imo, was Act 2. The one with a man that used to be a woman, with T-levels up around 2000! It’s amazing the changes he witnessed.

“For the first time in my life, I became fascinated by science. Suddenly I could understand physics.” lol!

[quote]Kailash wrote:
tin_soldier wrote:
thats crazy… the first man almost sounded emo when he was without testosterone. I coudnt imagine what it would be like to not think about something with emotion.

You contradict yourself. What do you think emo is shortened from: emotional. Yet he felt NO emotion.

Sounded to me more like the experience of a saint. As he mentioned, “seeing things from God’s perspective.”

The most informative account, imo, was Act 2. The one with a man that used to be a woman, with T-levels up around 2000! It’s amazing the changes he witnessed.

“For the first time in my life, I became fascinated by science. Suddenly I could understand physics.” lol![/quote]

no, ok i didnt explain that right. Not emo, i dont know what they’re called. But you know the people that think even a trash bag in the wind is beutiful even though they have no emotion? It sounds like something (mabey im mixing goth and emo together).

Heh yeah that was funny hey, jesus your setting man back 100 years by saying this stuff lol.