Man vs. Food Challenges Near You?

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:

West End Tavern - 50 wings in 30 minutes,[/quote]

Are they hot? Or just regular wings? Breaded or Naked?

I’ve eaten at the Broken Yolk down here in San Dego but I haven’t tried the iron man challenge. I have two friends that have completed it but I don’t like omelets. I wish there was a burger, steak or a wing one down here cause I could that.

[quote]gregron wrote:
but I don’t like omelets. [/quote]

WTF what country are you from again?

[quote]therajraj wrote:
So if you could try ANY of the challenges which would you try first? I know this is blasphemy for a weight lifting site since no dead animal but…

Melt bar and Grilled challenge in Cleveland. A grilled cheese sandwich with 14 different types of cheese.[/quote]

I just sent an email out to my friends about the Brooklyn hot wing challenge. A couple of them have some serious tolerance for spice. I, however, will be crying like a little girl after one wing.

I’d love to to a crack at a 96 oz steak as well. The one he did in Texas.

[quote]doogie wrote:
I’ve eaten the cinnamon roll and chicken fried steak here:

http://find.mapmuse.com/details/man-v-food/409035972/lulus-bakery-and-cafe[/quote]

Holy shit I’ve been there! I was visiting SA and someone recommended that place. I had the giant chicken fried steak, okra, biscuits, and gravy. Didn’t realize it was some sort of challenge to finish it. I probably scrapped off a quarter of the breading though because it had gotten all soggy.

I really hate this man vs food guy. Always pretending the food tastes good while stuffing his face. He’s not even a good eater. I’d rather they bring that hillbilly Joey Chestnut around and see how fast he could destroy every challenge.

I’ve been to all the places in Pittsburgh as well, but outside of Quaker Steak and Lube, I don’t think there are any food challenges.

[quote]DJHT wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:
but I don’t like omelets. [/quote]

WTF what country are you from again?[/quote]

Ahaha I really only like eggs when I cook em. If I get breakfast out it’s always the chicken fried steak breakfast or something like that. Not a big egg guy from restaurants.

I’ve done the Orochon Ramen House challenge in Los Angeles. I didn’t even know about it and my friends pressured me into giving it a go when we sat down. You have 30 minutes to finish a big bowl of soup so it’s easier to force down but it’s not enjoyable.

It’s 30% jalepeno slices, 30% spice sludge at the bottom of the bowl, 20% broth and 20% noodles. The best part though was when I finished this whole table who looked like the Hollywood image of Triad members stood up and gave me high-fives.

I also would like to bet $20 that Adam Richmond will die during a challenge. Any takers?

The one I’d like to try was one in Boston I think, where he was served 7 different cuts of steak totalling 84 oz. or something.

Ive been to the cozy dog in springfield illinois, we were working, got sent down there and obviously had to go, they were good.

also been to als beef chicago, its been a while but it was good.

ginos east chicago, real good za.

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
I went to Rutgers University so I ate at all the places he went to there. I still stop at the grease trucks every 6 to 8 weeks for a Fat Daryl or a Fat Sam. He didn’t win that challenge, but he sure ate alot more than I ever could. 5 sandwiches is insane.

I also live close to NYC so I’m going to try some of the places out there. He did a 48 oz steak challenge at Shula’s and theres one in Manhattan so that will be the next one I do.

[/quote]

Just had one for the first time in a few months on Saturday, R.U. grill > Grease Trucks. Not a big fan of the fries in them, I feel like they just throw it off.

The 12 egg omelette, Beths cafe in Seattle a year ago. Me and a friend did it, I got the exact one Adam did the one with Chili in it and finished my whole plate (pizza pan). My friend got the local salmon omelete and also finished it but wasnt nearly as happy with a cold fish omelette

Been to Duffy’s cherry cricket in Denver and The Buff in Boulder. The burger at Duffy’s was probably top 5 I’ve ever had, and had an omlet at the buff that was up there for best restaurant breakfast I’ve had as well. The omlet had swiss, avacado and a whole bunch of other shit and it was served with potatoes and my choice of like 8 different kinds of in house baked bread. Chose rye. Made little omlet sandwiches, and it was killer.

The Burger Kings here in Taiwan are having a special limited time offer where you can get as many patties on a burger as you want, for about 50 cents a patty.

Last year I did 7 patties and finished it in 4 or 5 minutes without much of a problem. Maybe this year I’ll do 8.

didn’t catch the episode, but he took on the burger at our minor league baseball team’s stadium in grand rapids. It looks so good, but that could just be because i’m hungry

I went to 2 of the restaurants in Chicago, gino’s east and an italian sandwich place. Both amazing.

[quote]Nards wrote:

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
Here:

http://www.chickandruths.com/

nom nom nom

gotta go up there sometime![/quote]

That’s the place with the 10lb milkshakes right? I’d love to try that with one of those huge sandwiches.

No way I’d finish, but it’d be great to fill up on that.
[/quote]
yeah, theyre 6 lb shakes and I got punished trying to finish that and a 1lb burger for their collossal challenge… it felt like I was close to death 3/4s of the way into the shake, and I gave my freind the burger

It’s times like these I’m jelly of you Americans…

^^ Exactly…I mean I go half bugs with jealous hunger watching the show.