Man Trapped In Woman's Body

[quote]graphicsMan wrote:
My sister is researching this as part of her PhD. One thing you might not realize is that there are a large proportion of people (1/1000 or so) who is born “cross-gendered” or as they used to call it, hermaphrodite. Many of these babies have been randomly assigned a sex… usually whatever was easier for the doctor to perform (i.e. lop anything off and call it a girl).

Now imagine that you’re all wired up like a man, but you have some cross-gender happening, and at birth the doc lops off what little you have, and constructs a vagina. You’re raised as a girl, but you’re wired like a boy. You don’t think this can cause some major angst?[/quote]

Yep, Jamie-Lee Curtis is one. You would be surprised what other famous people are, too.

For those people who think of it as a mental illness etc… - you people are IGNORANT. Take that as an insult if you wish, but it is a FACT.

These conditions exist in animals also, but animal behaviour is far less sophisticated than humans and you don’t really see it so obviously. And of course they can’t surgically change themselves.

I say let people be the way they are unless the way they are hurts other people … in which case smack 'em down.

[quote]BigAndyJ wrote:
I completely understand the transgender/hermaphrodite/hormonal thing - but this girl had nothing abnormal; she just said she felt she was supposed to be a guy.

There was a young guy on a different program who had nothing abnormal about him either - he just said he felt he was supposed to be a woman cause he liked things like shopping. And having a sex change op was presented as the way to deal with it.[/quote]

Andy, read my post above. It doesn’t necessarily have to do with anything physical

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
graphicsMan wrote:
My sister is researching this as part of her PhD. One thing you might not realize is that there are a large proportion of people (1/1000 or so) who is born “cross-gendered” or as they used to call it, hermaphrodite. Many of these babies have been randomly assigned a sex… usually whatever was easier for the doctor to perform (i.e. lop anything off and call it a girl).

Now imagine that you’re all wired up like a man, but you have some cross-gender happening, and at birth the doc lops off what little you have, and constructs a vagina. You’re raised as a girl, but you’re wired like a boy. You don’t think this can cause some major angst?

Yep, Jamie-Lee Curtis is one. You would be surprised what other famous people are, too.

For those people who think of it as a mental illness etc… - you people are IGNORANT. Take that as an insult if you wish, but it is a FACT.

These conditions exist in animals also, but animal behaviour is far less sophisticated than humans and you don’t really see it so obviously. And of course they can’t surgically change themselves.

I say let people be the way they are unless the way they are hurts other people … in which case smack 'em down.

[/quote]

My friend had a gay dog. The straight male dog didn’t like it at all.

[quote]Magarhe wrote:
[/quote]

This is propagation of a rumor that started 30 years ago when she was a student at Choate, here in Connecticut.

A jealous classmate accused Jamie (that bitch!) of stealing her boyfriend. So she got back at her by starting this rumor, that still persists to this day.

And all references to me are purely coincidental.

LOL, no shit. Excuse me for posting my own perspective, I figured my mind trick posting was gonna sway the whole T-Nation community to my own opinion. Damn you for resisting.

I don’t see what doesn’t make sense with my logic anyway. If you’re organs are pumping out the wrong hormones for your sex, why the fuck wouldn’t you feel like the opposite sex mentally?

Contrl you’re a dumbass, anytime bro.

Besides I use most of my logic for building a better body, as you can see by my av or the numerous other pics in my profile I must be a complete fool.

[quote]Damici wrote:
GUARDS!!! Shut down this thread immediately because of what it MIGHT turn into in ONE person’s opinion! No, no one has officially crossed any PC lines yet but they’re teetering daaaangeously close to it and they just might! GUAAAAAAAAARDS!!!

Contrl wrote:
Not only do I think BiG BeN is a complete fool, I also think this thread is going to turn into a magnet for gay bashing.

After all, Mr. Ben in all his intellect and wise logic has enlightened us.

[/quote]

i thought it had do do with test getting jacked up or not in the womb. YOus guys read the stuff about the ring finger being longer than the index finger. Didnt it say that man this is way to fucking much to write about this topic, im out.

[quote]BiG BeN wrote:
LOL, no shit. Excuse me for posting my own perspective, I figured my mind trick posting was gonna sway the whole T-Nation community to my own opinion. Damn you for resisting.

I don’t see what doesn’t make sense with my logic anyway. If you’re organs are pumping out the wrong hormones for your sex, why the fuck wouldn’t you feel like the opposite sex mentally?

Besides I use most of my logic for building a better body, as you can see by my av or the numerous other pics in my profile I must be a complete fool.

Damici wrote:
GUARDS!!! Shut down this thread immediately because of what it MIGHT turn into in ONE person’s opinion! No, no one has officially crossed any PC lines yet but they’re teetering daaaangeously close to it and they just might! GUAAAAAAAAARDS!!!

Contrl wrote:
Not only do I think BiG BeN is a complete fool, I also think this thread is going to turn into a magnet for gay bashing.

[/quote]

Well, in case Damici’s reading comprehension isn’t quite up to par, I don’t recall ever saying the thread should be censored now, did I? Ahh, but of course not.

Now, “BiG BeN,” here’s the thing, champ: Hormones have zero, zilch, nada, nothing to do with sexuality, comprende?

I assure you, if you were to flip a coin (assuming you know how), you’d find the odds being highly NOT in your favor as far as who here is the dumbass. Now as far as your alleged logic, I’ve seen llamas fertilize grass with better quality of it than you possess.

P.S. Learn to spell.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
BiG BeN wrote:

Damici wrote:

Contrl wrote:

Well, in case Damici’s reading comprehension isn’t quite up to par, I don’t recall ever saying the thread should be censored now, did I? Ahh, but of course not.

Now, “BiG BeN,” here’s the thing, champ: Hormones have zero, zilch, nada, nothing to do with sexuality, comprende?

I assure you, if you were to flip a coin (assuming you know how), you’d find the odds being highly NOT in your favor as far as who here is the dumbass. Now as far as your alleged logic, I’ve seen llamas fertilize grass with better quality of it than you possess.

P.S. Learn to spell.[/quote]

Wow, just more to add to your bottomless pit of jackass-ness, way to be a fuck up. You’d better stop while you are ahead, instead of digging yourself a deeper hole than what you are already in…but then again your a jackass. So you’ll probably continually try to argue about other people’s opinions, and posts that try to help save you from your own stupidity.

Ps. Go back to elementary school pal and re-learn your spelling, abc’s, or whatever it takes. There’s not a misspelled word in my whole post(either of my posts for that matter), show me where I’m wrong and I may raise the bar of your intellect to that of an ant.

In my best Andrew Dice Clay voice, “Ooooh!!”.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
Now, “BiG BeN,” here’s the thing, champ: Hormones have zero, zilch, nada, nothing to do with sexuality, comprende? [/quote]

I think I may have to add this to the worst misuses of common knowledge posts of all time.

Better yet, keep the assnine comments coming like these. Stuff like that gives me a good laugh.

Oh, my reading comprehension is just find, “Contrl.” Apparently YOURS leaves something to be desired, however. Where, oh where, did you see me state that you had said the thread should be censored? See, you didn’t state that it should be censored, and I didn’t state that you stated such.

Capice? Keep following along here, buddy, for this is where it gets interesting. What you DID say was, " . . . I also think this thread is going to turn into a magnet for gay bashing." That’s not an explicit cry for censorship or shutting down of the thread, but it smacks of someone decrying, very early on in a thread, the entire T-Nation forum community because you are SO wise as to be able to even SNIFF a whiff of possible un-PC-ness from a mile away. The horror!!

Guess what? When there’s an open discussion going about any major issue, but especially a hot-button social issue, there are going to be people of aaaaaall different points of view chiming in. Some intelligent, some not-so-intelligent, some useful, some not, some left-leaning, some right leaning, etc. THAT’S WHAT FUCKING HAPPENS ON AN INTERNET FORUM, BUTTERCUP. THAT’S THE BEAUTY OF IT.

If you want some filtered, diluted debate society where no one is allowed to be offended or cross any PC lines, go sit in on a discussion group at your local college campus. This is not that – it’s actually an OPEN forum.

And to think, I don’t even necessarily disagree with you. I’m just able to handle the environment a whole lot better.

[quote]Contrl wrote:
BiG BeN wrote:

Damici wrote:

Contrl wrote:

P.S. Learn to spell.[/quote]

[quote]Damici wrote:
Not sure, but my (former) hot lesbian friend used to accuse me of being a lesbian trapped in a man’s body, if that makes any sense . . . .[/quote]

Might it mean she wishes you were a woman so she wouldn’t have to question her beliefs in order to molest you?

[quote]Yo Momma wrote:
Magarhe wrote:

This is propagation of a rumor that started 30 years ago when she was a student at Choate, here in Connecticut.

A jealous classmate accused Jamie (that bitch!) of stealing her boyfriend. So she got back at her by starting this rumor, that still persists to this day.

And all references to me are purely coincidental.
[/quote]

This is beyond a hysterical post.

Oh, what went on between us was a long and complex story best left for another time, and perhaps even its own book. :wink:

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
Damici wrote:
Not sure, but my (former) hot lesbian friend used to accuse me of being a lesbian trapped in a man’s body, if that makes any sense . . . .

Might it mean she wishes you were a woman so she wouldn’t have to question her beliefs in order to molest you?
[/quote]

[quote]BiG BeN wrote:
Kind of makes sense to me Andy, I think its all hormonal and has some to do with DNA. Just like you see these kids with birth defects like 4 arms, or 6 fingers and what not. I bet the same goes for hormones and sex genes getting crossed.

If you are a woman, and somehow your genetics are f-ed up to where your body is pumping out Testosterone and hardly any Estrogen, I can see how you’d feel like a man stuck in a woman’s body and vice versa. If that makes sense to what you are wondering.

I don’t know how the hell a man could be attracted to another man in the first place, unless the above happens or I guess if you are fed up with the way women act. But women are so f-ing beautiful, I can see how women could be attracted to other women.[/quote]

Actually, there’s been ongoing research that’s looking into this very idea - that the hormone levels going to the developing fetus at certain points during the baby’s developmental process in the womb affects how the baby’s sense of ‘gender’ is going to be in the future, which might also affect the baby’s later sense of sexuality and sexual orientation.

There was an article in Newsweek a couple of months ago that talked about transgenderism, though less about the scientifics of it. If anyone’s interested, here’s a link?

http://www.newsweek.com/id/34772/page/1 - Rethinking Gender

For more scientific information, here’s an excerpt from a book that talked about the effects of T on developing fetuses.

[quote]
Male and female brains develop differently in foetal life

Around the sixth week of a developing embryo, the chromosomes (XY in the boys, XX in girls) instruct some cells to differentiate into ovaries or testicles. The male embryo’s testicles then begin producing male hormones, the chief one being testosterone. These hormones in turn affect the developing brain. The male foetus’ neural network is then laid down in a typically masculine pattern.

In a female foetus, the developing ovaries produce no appreciable levels of male hormones. The brain development in the foetus is not affected, and this results in a female brain.

How did they show this? Primarily with rats. Rat embryos are born very early in life, even before the brain has begun to form up. Researchers are therefore able to test their theories. If they take a male baby rat and castrate him (thereby depriving the rat of testosterone) before the brain has begun to go down the male pattern of development, they get an adult rat that behaves very much like a female. It is much less aggressive than its male companions. It grooms and licks other rats like a good mother and is more sociable. In other words, a female brain in a male rat body.

The later the rat is castrated, the less feminine the rat turns out to be. The brain has more time to be exposed to the male hormones and become masculinised.

Researchers also castrated some rats very early, but then added replacement testosterone by injection. When they did that, the rat brain still became masculine in structure and in later behaviour. With one proviso. Once the critical period was past without replacement male hormone injections, and the brain had developed along female lines, no amount of male-hormone replacement therapy masculinised the brain again.

Likewise with female rats. They do not produce significant amounts of male hormones from their developing ovaries, and left to itself, the brain organises its structure in the female pattern. But when researchers injected testosterone into these female rats at critical periods, they could create a male brain in a female body. The rat in adulthood acted very male. It was more aggressive, it attempted to mate in the male manner, and so on.

There are a quite a few examples of people who, because of unusual chromosomes or prescriptions taken by their mothers during pregnancy, had abnormally high or low levels of male hormones during their foetal life. There are cases of girls who had absolutely no testosterone (most girls have some testosterone, albeit at a low level), and they turned out to be exaggeratedly feminine, hopeless with math, very housewifey and emotional, for example. There are girls with higher than normal exposure to testosterone while in the womb, or boys with too little or too much testosterone at around six weeks … the psychological profiles of these children or adults matched what was expected: unusually feminine behaviour and interests, or excessively masculine tendencies and interests.

The bottom line is this: at a critical stage in a developing foetus, high or low levels of male hormones form a male- or female-patterned brain respectively. The person eventually thinks and behaves male or female accordingly.[/quote]

There are other related articles and abstracts and such that can be easily ferreted out on the web in case anyone’s interested in looking for more.

But basically… to me, transgenderism is quite possibly a byproduct of simple differences in pre-birth hormonal levels.

Either way, it’s entirely too real to me because -

Big breath, now.

I was one of the girls who grew up with Transformers and wasn’t afraid of getting dirty or digging in the dirt. While my female compatriots were busy oohing and aahing over whose clothes were the nicest, I was busy playing ‘Raid the Fort’ with the boys.

I had a handful of female friends over my lifetime and I couldn’t even count the number of male friends I’ve had over the last 5 years. Additionally, my tendency to befriend boys rather than girls was a shock to my school teachers and I actually had a teacher who called my mother in for a conference so she could address her ‘concern’ regarding my tendencies.

I considered myself - and was, for the longest time, considered - to be one of the boys, but at the same time, never quite considered myself to be ‘a real guy’ because I was okay with wearing a skirt and a dress that I myself picked out now and again.

… But I never quite considered myself a girl, either, except in body and on the rare occasion, in dress.

It was - and still is - hard to see myself as a girl when I find myself without anything to say or feeling extremely uncomfortable (in a ‘what the hell am I doing here’ sort of sense) when female-oriented discussions pop up.

Hard to say I’m a girl when things that normally excite, interest, or turn other girls on does nothing for me.

Hard to say I’m a girl when what I prefer to wear is mostly unisex or men’s clothing and that I prefer a tux to a dress.

Hard to say I’m a girl when I oftentimes wish I had the body of my male friends.

… No, not all the time, but often enough; I’m an artist and I can appreciate the fact that at least I got stuck with a fairly decent-looking body, regardless of the fact it is of the female sex.

If I had to try and explain what I feel like I am, it would boil down to this:

A mostly masculine-oriented mind that’s stuck in a female body.

Would I ever change my body to fit my mind?

… Probably not in the ways of hormones or surgery.

I don’t and can’t quite consider myself to be ‘man’ even when I definitely don’t and can’t consider myself to be a ‘woman’ and that pretty much negates any justification for permanently changing my body by artificial means.

Caught in between and leaning strongly to one side, that’s me, and I wish it weren’t sometimes because feeling like this is honestly a bitch and a half and then some.

But I am what I am and I’ll probably end up being one of those female-bodied persons you see who looks to be a hair too masculine to be a ‘proper woman’.

And in this case… yes, I would have intended for it to be that way.

Thanks for listening to me ramble and I welcome any and all serious questions.

… And since I get the feeling someone’s going to ask this or want to ask this, I’ll post the answer in advance.

No, I am not a lesbian. Yes, I (can and do) find women beautiful and some, appealing in a manner that might make me consider a relationship, but I definitely have always leaned towards the men.

[quote]Contrl wrote:

Now, “BiG BeN,” here’s the thing, champ: Hormones have zero, zilch, nada, nothing to do with sexuality, comprende? [/quote]

Uh I would like to see some sort of factual basis for this. I cannot prove or disprove what you’re saying. But I don’t think you can say without a shadow of doubt that this is true.

Logically what Ben says is believable. For example; some transgender people have streakgonads, which aren’t exactly ovaries or testicles. They usually are found in the same place as ovaries (although not 100% of the time) Depending on what they produce an abundance of (usually testosterone) they can affect the body in a myriad of ways.

The hormones can be converted to a different type of hormone (a hormone that was estrogen would be converted in to hormone similar to testosterone) by the body especially if the receptors are not recognizing the testosterone being produced.

It’s not too far of a stretch to hypothesize that people’s receptors for different types of hormones are burned out, poor functioning etc, that they may feel differently in response to either hormone.

As I said I can’t prove it. But it makes sense to me.