Man, These High Protein Diets...

This is how I judge if I’ve had enough food for the day.

If I’m not dropping roaches at each pass, I need more green veggies, legumes, and protein :-).

[quote]TriGWU wrote:
This is how I judge if I’ve had enough food for the day.

If I’m not dropping roaches at each pass, I need more green veggies, legumes, and protein :-).[/quote]

ROFLMFAO!!

BTW, Professor X, are you saying that to continue pursuing effectively my bodybuilding goals- I should move out of my house ?!?!

Talk about being hardcore… LOL

[quote]chirag wrote:
Professor X wrote:
highersights wrote:
Are you sure you’re not a bit lactose intolerant?

Up until now, he has been food intolerant. Let him fart.

LOL. Good 'ol Professor X, with his sharp comments which don’t spare anyone…

BTW, my dad is concerned about the fact that I eat 3 (yeah JUST THREE!!!) whole eggs for breakfast.

He says that 3 egg yolks a day is really bad for the liver, and that it equates to 21 eggs a week.

He is betting that I will one day collapse or get sick due to some liver or kidney dysfunction.

Yeah, talk about my wonderful family “support” when it comes to ahcieving bodybuilding goals…[/quote]

I’ve been inhaling 3 eggs a day for the past year. My cholesterol levels still come back low or normal every time Ive had them checked. Don’t listen to the naysayers…

[quote]Velvet Revolver wrote:
chirag wrote:
Professor X wrote:
highersights wrote:
Are you sure you’re not a bit lactose intolerant?

Up until now, he has been food intolerant. Let him fart.

LOL. Good 'ol Professor X, with his sharp comments which don’t spare anyone…

BTW, my dad is concerned about the fact that I eat 3 (yeah JUST THREE!!!) whole eggs for breakfast.

He says that 3 egg yolks a day is really bad for the liver, and that it equates to 21 eggs a week.

He is betting that I will one day collapse or get sick due to some liver or kidney dysfunction.

Yeah, talk about my wonderful family “support” when it comes to ahcieving bodybuilding goals…

I’ve been inhaling 3 eggs a day for the past year. My cholesterol levels still come back low or normal every time Ive had them checked. Don’t listen to the naysayers…

[/quote]

Thanx man.

I guess I’ll do the same and get some bloodwork done every year or so.

Gosh, for a moment I thought, I would have to stop those 3 whole egg omeletes for breakfast…

Why are a eggs then, considered the primary reason for high cholesterol, heart disease,etc.??

Is it the actual eggs, or the other crap “normal ppl” eat that trigger all the problems?

It can take time to adapt to new diets. Especially fiber - most nutritionists recommend adding only 5g per week to keep you somewhat stable.

As far as eggs - I eat 1/2 dozen when bulking. Getting high cholesterol from eating cholesterol has been vindicated just like eating fat making you fat. Besides, some of our most important hormones (testosterone) come from cholesterole, so don’t listen to him, just eat a balanced diet.

Also on the topic of eggs, some people have “difficulties” with their digestion, usually causing gas. This can happen with cheese, other dairy, some veggies and some grains. Usually this isn’t a case of indigestion or malabsorbtion, but it can cause gas and discomfort. Once you get your diet on track you may want to experiment with eliminating some foods for a week or two and see if it changes anything. I’m not sure if it has to do with a lack of enzymes or what, but it’s something to think about.

Do you have some fish burbs to go with your farts?

[quote]goldin wrote:
Do you have some fish burbs to go with your farts? [/quote]

What do you mean?

Eating cholesterol, or any food for that matter, has nothing to do with heart disease. Heart disease is triggered by chronic inflammation whcih in turn damages the bodies vessels. What causes inflammation? Lack of exercise, bad oral hygene, high body fat percentage, excess body weight, smoking, excessive alcohol intake, and quite possibly, a bad testosterone to estrogen ratio in the body.

You could inhale all the red meet/eggs you want, provided your getting a reasonable amount of total calories in, and it won’t do any harm to your body whatsoever. Its the way were designed to eat, and don’t let anyone tell you any different. Human beings are primarily a carnivorous species.

[quote]chirag wrote:

BTW, Professor X, are you saying that to continue pursuing effectively my bodybuilding goals- I should move out of my house ?!?!

Talk about being hardcore… LOL[/quote]

It amazes me that someone in your family who should know the difficulties you have had in the past would try to get you to avoid food. It shows that the negative perception towards bodybuilding and even the diet involved is seen as such a negative that it bypasses logic.

I get my cholesterol checked yearly. On average, when gaining, I can usually eat about 10 whole eggs for breakfast (that means I can eat more than that if I eat them before training as well like I do sometimes). This amount will drop when I try to diet and more egg whites will be used, but that is simply because of the calories and the greater attention I give to overall intake. My cholesterol levels are fine.

Much of what we know about nutrition is based on studies, myths and basic observations. It isn’t like we have the human body completely figured out yet. Anyone who tells you otherwise is lying to you. We are still learning what affects certain stimuli have and why.

As far as you moving out…isn’t that the goal regardless?

Velvet Revolver: Do you know why bad oral hygiene causes heart disease?

[quote]JPBear wrote:
Velvet Revolver: Do you know why bad oral hygiene causes heart disease?[/quote]

It is because studies have shown many of the same bacteria found in arterial plaques to be identical to those found in advanced periosteal bone and gum disease. It means that, due to the porous nature of the bone in your jaws and the large blood supply, those same bacteria can enter your blood stream.

In short, oral health can help lead to overall health if by no other reason than the person who pays attention to their oral hygiene is also more likely to pay attention to their overall diet.

My farts have reached the stage where they disgust even me, at times. When your diet consists of: meat, tuna, eggs, cabbage, oatmeal, protein powder and then you throw lots of coffee and creatine into the mix, you have a farting shitting cocktail sliding around inside your stomach. I just let one rip now.

[quote]deanosumo wrote:
My farts have reached the stage where they disgust even me, at times. When your diet consists of: meat, tuna, eggs, cabbage, oatmeal, protein powder and then you throw lots of coffee and creatine into the mix, you have a farting shitting cocktail sliding around inside your stomach. I just let one rip now.
[/quote]

^I hear ya… same issue here.^

BTW, Professor X, its not that my parents are against me eating, its the fact that I consume “SO MUCH” i[/i] protein and whole eggs as opposed to the diet I used to have 2 weeks ago…

They are concerned about my liver and kidneys- they think I might get problems eating so much protein and drinking 3+ litres of water a day.

[quote]chirag wrote:
BTW, Professor X, its not that my parents are against me eating, its the fact that I consume “SO MUCH” i[/i] protein and whole eggs as opposed to the diet I used to have 2 weeks ago…

They are concerned about my liver and kidneys- they think I might get problems eating so much protein and drinking 3+ litres of water a day.

[/quote]

That doesn’t change anything as far as what I wrote earlier. You are/were anorexic. You would think they would be extremely happy that you are eating more now.

If anything, those 3+ liters of water may be a little low. I look at 4 liters a day as an absolute minimum. As don’t worry about the effects of water and protein on the kidneys. High-protein diets have never been shown to damage healthy kidneys, and high water intake works to flush the kidneys so that you’re doubly safe.

[quote]Chris McClinch wrote:
If anything, those 3+ liters of water may be a little low. I look at 4 liters a day as an absolute minimum. As don’t worry about the effects of water and protein on the kidneys. High-protein diets have never been shown to damage healthy kidneys, and high water intake works to flush the kidneys so that you’re doubly safe.[/quote]

Ok man. Thanx for clearing those disturbing doubts I’ve had lately.

I think that the stink comes from the eggs : especially the yolks…

Kid, your gonna learn that 99 percent of the people in this world, including your parents, are morons who don’t know shit. Get used to it. Better you learn now

[quote]
In short, oral health can help lead to overall health if by no other reason than the person who pays attention to their oral hygiene is also more likely to pay attention to their overall diet.[/quote]

Or quite possibly, people with healthy bodies will have healthy teeth, even without paying extra attention to there teeth. Solid overall health that includes a good diet often effects every aspect of your body, including teeth/eyes etc…

[quote]Velvet Revolver wrote:

In short, oral health can help lead to overall health if by no other reason than the person who pays attention to their oral hygiene is also more likely to pay attention to their overall diet.

Or quite possibly, people with healthy bodies will have healthy teeth, even without paying extra attention to there teeth. Solid overall health that includes a good diet often effects every aspect of your body, including teeth/eyes etc…[/quote]

Not necessarily. Someone who sucks on a sports drink all day will be more likely to get cavities. The several meals a day also adds up to several exposures over the course of a day to carbohydrates. Living “healthy” doesn’t equal “great teeth”. However, focusing on oral hygiene can greatly affect overall health.

[quote]k.elkouhen wrote:
I think that the stink comes from the eggs : especially the yolks…[/quote]

Any links or references to confirm this? Or is your statement backed up by personal experience?