Man Regrows Finger

Crazy. I almost put this in bodybuilding.

That’s really cool. It would be neat, especially with regard to burn victims and such.

Holy shit.

Weird huh?

Also, I think it’s funny that the finger-guy’s buddy just went ahead and sent him some of that powder. I wish I had friends like that.

I wonder what will happen when they experiment on severed limbs.

[quote]nephorm wrote:
I wonder what will happen when they experiment on severed limbs. [/quote]

I may have missed it but I didn’t see anything about the bone regrowing in this case. He said it was cut “to the bone.” Not sure what that means for bone growth. It’s just a bizarre substance to use to regrow any flesh if you ask me.

No, bone too. I could see it in the video.

goddamn… What will they think of next…

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Also, I think it’s funny that the finger-guy’s buddy just went ahead and sent him some of that powder. I wish I had friends like that.[/quote]

it was his brother that sent it to him. crazy stuff.
i wonder what the chances of the regrowth to become cancerous are. or basically if it can fuck up and mutate and start reproducing cancerous cells rapidly.

This was actually reported in the Wall St. Journal several months ago and in much more detail about the science of the powder. If my memory is correct, the tissue from the pig’s intestine is essentially the same as the embryonic stem cell tissue that produces tissue growth in humans.

In any case, it is remarkable and I would hope the military can perform it’s own clinical trials on all of the amputees coming back from the middle east. Why the fuck not?

DB

wtf? Cell regeneration? Do you realize what this may imply for the aging process?

If we can regrow entire limbs surely we can regenerate other cellular material? New liver anyone?

This is pretty unreal. I am going to research this further.

I bet John Bobbitt wishes he had a brother like that.

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
I bet John Bobbitt wishes he had a brother like that.[/quote]

high five

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
I bet John Bobbitt wishes he had a brother like that.[/quote]

Brilliant

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
wtf? Cell regeneration? Do you realize what this may imply for the aging process?

If we can regrow entire limbs surely we can regenerate other cellular material? New liver anyone?

This is pretty unreal. I am going to research this further.[/quote]

test run in buenos aires - woman with esophageal cancer - drs are using the cellular matrix - if you can find more info - really wild…

the military has funded a project on this with dr.badylak’s tam … be a wonderful thing to be able to give our maimed soldiers back their lives, their dreams, and hopes. (and hopefully not sent back to the battlefield with new body parts…)

mind blowing to say the least…

Now homeland security and the CIA will be able to torture people and keep them alive indefinetely. YAY!

This is nothing amazing. We all regenerative abilities, they just become innate after childhood (the ability to regrow fingertips in youths is the last).

[quote]Bellicus wrote:
This is nothing amazing. We all regenerative abilities, they just become innate after childhood (the ability to regrow fingertips in youths is the last). [/quote]

What?

[quote]Bellicus wrote:
This is nothing amazing. We all regenerative abilities, they just become innate after childhood (the ability to regrow fingertips in youths is the last). [/quote]

Huh? Innate after childhood?

[quote]Bellicus wrote:

Show me a handful of other cases of an adult regrowing a severed digit and I’ll agree that it’s “nothing amazing.”