Man of Steel (Teaser) Trailers

This was attached to prints of TDKR. There’s two versions:

Kevin Costner (Jonathan Kent) narration:

Russell Crowe (Jor-El) narration:

and the leaked Comic-Con footage:

the name on the last link’s been changed to prevent detection I guess. It has a lot of beautiful shots (typically beautiful of Zack Snyder’s direction style). Some shots look straight of of Alex Ross paintings.

Comic Con footage looks awesome

Costner is rocking the usually thankless part of Jonathan Kent.

After TDKR, I’m completely done keeping up-to-date with the latest trailers for upcoming blockbusters.

Somehow, even unprecedented insanity like mid-air rescues and sports stadium demolitions become kinda ho-hum by the 10th-time or so, and that my friends, is bullshit.

[quote]chillain wrote:
After TDKR, I’m completely done keeping up-to-date with the latest trailers for upcoming blockbusters.

Somehow, even unprecedented insanity like mid-air rescues and sports stadium demolitions become kinda ho-hum by the 10th-time or so, and that my friends, is bullshit.

[/quote]

This times a fucking billion. I love Nolan’s Batman films for their story, depth, character development and the way the plot unfolds. But, I also love the action. Having seen LITERALLY EVERY SINGLE showstopping moment 50 times before I ever actually saw the flick damn near ruined the whole thing for me. I might not ever watch a preview again.

It’s about time they got it right.

Can’t wait.

EDIT:
Hey Enrac, anything new in film from you lately, my friend?

Looks promising!

On a related note, does anyone think a GOOD Punisher movie? It’s astounding how many directors have managed to fuck up this seemingly un-fuck-up-able character…

Tom Jane did a 10 min short as the Punisher. Seems like a fan film. I’m not sure if they’re thinking about making another movie but the short looked great.

Link is here: THE PUNISHER: DIRTY LAUNDRY [BOOTLEG UNIVERSE] - YouTube

Heads up, it’s pretty brutal and has some language.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The trailer was weak in that it’s OK to tease…but not with laundry and butterflies and fishing boats.

I can’t see the leaked Comic Con footage…I see a white box with an exclamation mark.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Can’t wait.

EDIT:
Hey Enrac, anything new in film from you lately, my friend?[/quote]

Hey ID, I PM-ed you. I worked on Spiderman and MiB:3, some other stuff that’s coming out soon.

[quote]Nards wrote:
The trailer was weak in that it’s OK to tease…but not with laundry and butterflies and fishing boats.

I can’t see the leaked Comic Con footage…I see a white box with an exclamation mark.[/quote]

It may be blocked for your region. If you’re using Chrome, there’s a plug-in called ProxyTube (or something to that effect) that lets you spoof locations.

[quote]enrac wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Can’t wait.

EDIT:

Hey ID, I PM-ed you. I worked on Spiderman and MiB:3, some other stuff that’s coming out soon.[/quote]

I actually meant your OWN stuff… like those really funny gym vids you did a while back.

:slight_smile:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]enrac wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Can’t wait.

EDIT:

Hey ID, I PM-ed you. I worked on Spiderman and MiB:3, some other stuff that’s coming out soon.[/quote]

I actually meant your OWN stuff… like those really funny gym vids you did a while back.

:)[/quote]

D’Oh! Yeah, my friends and I have an idea for one, and we have the gym back as well. All that’s left is finding people to be in it. Hopefully soon :slight_smile:

[quote]dcolacu1 wrote:
Tom Jane did a 10 min short as the Punisher. Seems like a fan film. I’m not sure if they’re thinking about making another movie but the short looked great.

Link is here: THE PUNISHER: DIRTY LAUNDRY [BOOTLEG UNIVERSE] - YouTube

Heads up, it’s pretty brutal and has some language.[/quote]

Wow, that was quite awesome.

This looks like they are finally putting some heart into this.

The reality is, the “1950’s” Superman doesn’t fit into our world anymore. Smallville (tv show) realized this. The “I never tell a lie” thing was always an issue with me considering he was lying everyday about not being Superman to Lois.

Superman done right is the greatest symbol of what a superhero is. Nolan showed he’s a master at story telling.

I’ll be buying my tickets as soon as they come out.

It looks like Snyder hit the idea right on the head. Superman would constantly tormented if he were a real person. The thought of your parents and your entire civilization having been destroyed and you as a lone surviver, that would weigh heavy on the toughest of men.

X is right when he said Smallville pegged the character and with fingers, eyes, toes and leggs crossed, Man of Steel will be the Superman that leaves the rest behind. Now before the flamming begins, I am a Christopher Reeve fan first and foremost. He was and will always be Superman to me.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

The reality is, the “1950’s” Superman doesn’t fit into our world anymore. Smallville (tv show) realized this. The “I never tell a lie” thing was always an issue with me considering he was lying everyday about not being Superman to Lois.

Superman done right is the greatest symbol of what a superhero is. Nolan showed he’s a master at story telling.

I’ll be buying my tickets as soon as they come out.[/quote]

Agreed. Well said. I was telling a friend of mine the other day that the reason Superman means more to me as a superhero is because I’d prefer someone I can look up to, not someone I can “just” relate to.

[quote]enrac wrote:

[quote]Professor X wrote:

I’ll be buying my tickets as soon as they come out.[/quote]

Agreed. Well said. I was telling a friend of mine the other day that the reason Superman means more to me as a superhero is because I’d prefer someone I can look up to, not someone I can “just” relate to.
[/quote]

I agree.

Even though I go through my Hulk wanna-be phases, I always come back to Superman.

[quote]enrac wrote:
I was telling a friend of mine the other day that the reason Superman means more to me as a superhero is because I’d prefer someone I can look up to, not someone I can “just” relate to.
[/quote]

This sums it up for me perfectly as well.

I love how others say they think Batman is the coolest because they can ‘relate’ to him better. Really? you can relate to a guy who has the perfect body and face, is a multi-billionaire, has a genius level intellect and photographic memory, apparently can get knocked out, stabbed and fall ten floors on a daily basis and still perform like a world class athlete and not have brain damage? Yeah, very relatable :slight_smile:

And don’t get me wrong, I love the Batman character and have spent thousands of dollars over the years on his comics but don’t tell me anyone of us can relate to him or any of the other super heroes. Superman rules, there I said it, the rest is a distant second :slight_smile: