T Nation

Man Marries Goat

[quote]Consenting adults? You see vroom, this is why I pull the PC card on you. Everything out of your mouth seems to come from the liberal playbook.

So if two adults agree to do Heroin, that is ok? If one adult agrees to be a human sacrifice in some devil worship ritual, that is ok? What if we knew for a fact that the goat was ok with having sex with the guy, would it then be ok?

The fact that an adult agrees to the activity doesn’t make it, legal, healthy, smart, non-deviant, or right.
[/quote]

Are you really this much of a moron? You sound like Zeb and his predicted end of civilization if gay people get married.

At what point did you decide that I was arguing that people could ignore the laws of society? There are reasons for laws, and that doesn’t change, nor do liberals believe that there should not be laws.

Since when are people only allowed to conduct healthy or smart behavior? Other than adherence to laws, people can do whatever the heck they want.

You let me know when you know for a fact that the goat you are fucking thinks it’s okay.

Any more fucking moronic comments to make on this topic?

[quote]
doogie wrote:
I’m waiting on Zeb to tie this into gay marriage.

ZEB wrote:
Okay, I won’t mention it.

Other than to say, if you think that “gay marriage” is the final move if the bounds of marriage are expanded to accomodate it…well you’re very very wrong![/quote]

I knew you wouldn’t let me down.

[quote]vroom wrote:

Are you really this much of a moron? You sound like Zeb and his predicted end of civilization if gay people get married.[/quote]

And you sound like the poster child for the politically correct!

You love to misreprsent what others say and then claim it’s always done to you.

Show me where I predicted “the end of civilization if gay people marry” in any of my many many posts.

If you can’t find it (and you won’t as I have never stated such) I expect that you would apologize. However, knowing how you work these threads I won’t hold my breath.

This is just another drive by shooting form the left…BANG BANG…no reason…no facts…and it makes no sense.

Congratulations for living up to what we think of the politically correct left vroom!

Zeb, nice try with the “politically correct” tripe. I know that is a talking point rallying cry these days.

Anyway, Zeb, what I believe you did say at one point was that granting gay marriage would be detrimental to the institution of marriage.

You are also quick to claim that allowing gay marriage will lead to underage marriage, intra-family marriage, marriage to animals and bunch of other nonsense.

If these two things don’t equate to the fall of civilization, well, excuse me for overhyping your stance.

Zeb, did you ever learn the difference between paraphrasing and falsifying quotes (or taking them out of context)?

Now, if I had misquoted you, or quoted you out of context to conjure a different meaning, I would apologize for it.

I’m not sure you ever apologized for misquoting me in the past, by the way… but I really can’t remember.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Show me where I predicted “the end of civilization if gay people marry” in any of my many many posts.

Zeb, nice try with the “politically correct” tripe. I know that is a talking point rallying cry these days.[/quote]

Honestly, if you didn’t act the part I would not use the term. And in fact I promise to drop it right now. From this point forward if I use the term directed at you I will point out exactly the phrase or idea which leads me to call “politically correct.”

Fair?

[quote]Anyway, Zeb, what I believe you did say at one point was that granting gay marriage would be detrimental to the institution of marriage.

You are also quick to claim that allowing gay marriage will lead to underage marriage, intra-family marriage, marriage to animals and bunch of other nonsense.[/quote]

No, not nonsense. When the boundarys of marriage are expanding what makes you think that there are not other groups of people who feel just as deserving. It might not be polygamists or incest couples.

But there will be others who insist on the same rights that we have given to gays. Why doesn’t that make sense?

Sure we can deal with them on a case by case basis.

But deal with them we will!

I don’t equate any of the above to the “fall of civilization” and have never stated such as you now realize.

Apology accepted, let’s move on.

[quote]vroom wrote:
If you can’t find it (and you won’t as I have never stated such) I expect that you would apologize. However, knowing how you work these threads I won’t hold my breath.

Zeb, did you ever learn the difference between paraphrasing and falsifying quotes (or taking them out of context)?

Now, if I had misquoted you, or quoted you out of context to conjure a different meaning, I would apologize for it.

I’m not sure you ever apologized for misquoting me in the past, by the way… but I really can’t remember.[/quote]

Well let’s get that straight right now.

I apologize for any time in the past that I may have misquoted you. I assure you that it was not intentional my friend.

1. Goats can’t sign contracts, therefore can’t get married.

2. Equating what two men or women do in private to bestiality shows you to be a TSB with shoes.

I didn’t think of gays, sexual minorities or marriage when I started this thread. I just found the news snippet amusing and humane. It reminds me of similar story from Greenland.
A small village had problems with a male member of the community, he was so horny he would harrass even the dogs.

The villagers came together to find a solution, and one of them remembered that in another village a little further away lived a nymphomaniac, who was somewhat of a problem too. So they contacted the other village, made the arrangements and forced these two lovesick fellow eskimos to move together. End of story.

[quote]harris447 wrote:

2. Equating what two men or women do in private to bestiality shows you to be a TSB with shoes.[/quote]

If you can get past all of the name calling and other childish behavior answer this:

What happens if a brother and sister want to get it on? What happens if they claim that they love each other? Should they be allowed to marry?

And how about two or more people who are also in love. Should they be allowed to marry?

It’s not about a man wanting to marry his goat…yet!

[quote]karva wrote:
I didn’t think of gays, sexual minorities or marriage when I started this thread. I just found the news snippet amusing and humane. It reminds me of similar story from Greenland.
A small village had problems with a male member of the community, he was so horny he would harrass even the dogs.

The villagers came together to find a solution, and one of them remembered that in another village a little further away lived a nymphomaniac, who was somewhat of a problem too. So they contacted the other village, made the arrangements and forced these two lovesick fellow eskimos to move together. End of story.
[/quote]

Now that’s a match made in heaven!

[quote]Well let’s get that straight right now.

I apologize for any time in the past that I may have misquoted you. I assure you that it was not intentional my friend. [/quote]

Zeb, thanks, apology accepted and appreciated.

Drat, when you act all reasonable I lose my bluster. Now, let’s see, what else can I find to bitch about?

[quote]ZEB wrote:
I was thinking the same thing about atheists. [/quote]

Don’t bullshit us. We all know you’ve given up thinking a long time ago.

Zeb,

You are not confident that the majority of society would remain against polygamy and incest?

Whether or not gay people are allowed to marry, I think it would be pretty hard to conjecture that at any time the majority would actually approve of such things.

I know you would impose limits on democracy based on religion, but then the problem prevails, who’s religion?

There are religions that allow polygamy…

Finally, in all honesty, the fact that you don’t like possible future desires of some strange members of the populace is not in itself a good reason to deny any and all changes to current conventions.

You can continue to lead a married life, obeying the strictures of your religion, whether or not other people are living outside of those rules.

And no, don’t twist my statements, I’m not arguing for any of the ridiculous outcomes you are waving around in an attempt to raise fears.

[quote]pookie wrote:
ZEB wrote:
I was thinking the same thing about atheists.

Don’t bullshit us. We all know you’ve given up thinking a long time ago.

[/quote]

Ouch! Now you sound like my wife.

:slight_smile:

[quote]vroom wrote:
Consenting adults? You see vroom, this is why I pull the PC card on you. Everything out of your mouth seems to come from the liberal playbook.

So if two adults agree to do Heroin, that is ok? If one adult agrees to be a human sacrifice in some devil worship ritual, that is ok? What if we knew for a fact that the goat was ok with having sex with the guy, would it then be ok?

The fact that an adult agrees to the activity doesn’t make it, legal, healthy, smart, non-deviant, or right.

Are you really this much of a moron? You sound like Zeb and his predicted end of civilization if gay people get married.

At what point did you decide that I was arguing that people could ignore the laws of society? There are reasons for laws, and that doesn’t change, nor do liberals believe that there should not be laws.

Since when are people only allowed to conduct healthy or smart behavior? Other than adherence to laws, people can do whatever the heck they want.

You let me know when you know for a fact that the goat you are fucking thinks it’s okay.

Any more fucking moronic comments to make on this topic?[/quote]

Hello Mcfly, you aren’t getting it! The point in mentioning laws is that up until very recently is WAS illegal to engage in gay sex. It was against the law just like the other things I mentioned. But now, because the political pendulum has swung the other way, it is acceptable in terms of the law.

Nothing has changed about the act of gay sex. It still is self-destructive and still is the leading mode of spreading deadly disease. The only difference is that it is politically correct to allow any adult to do whatever perverted thing comes into their head. So the ONLY thing that has changed about gay sex is peoples attitudes about it.

So if that has changed based only on perception, what is stopping peoples’ perception from changing about bestiality or child molestation? It’s just the political wind.

So what Zeb and I want to know is how far the pendulum is going to swing the other way?

[quote]harris447 wrote:

2. Equating what two men or women do in private to bestiality shows you to be a TSB with shoes.[/quote]

And yet just a few years ago gay sex was considered just as offense to most as bestiality. But since you follow the crowd, it is now cool, because everyone else thinks it’s cool.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Zeb,

You are not confident that the majority of society would remain against polygamy and incest?[/quote]

currently I am condident that the majority of society will remain against gay marriage.

If however I am wrong about this then who knows what society might accept in small doses a little at a time.

I think it’s a matter of timing. 30 years ago no one was even thinking about “gay marriage.” If gay marriage were passed today what will people be willing to accept 30 years from today? You and I don’t know the answer to this but I do know that once the definition of marriage is changed, it can be changed again and again and again!

Actually, I believe in the separation of church and state. That might shock you and some others, but it’s true. It’s just that the more we move away from traditional vaules the more our society changes, and not for the better. And it seems that traditional values are indeed heaped in religion. So you can see the natural tie in.

Heck, I think there are some religions that allow sacrificing virgins in a volcano.

I totally agree! And in fact that is only one argument that I see. I oppose gay marriage for many many other very valid reasons.

I think many of us are doing that now. However, as citizens of this “community” (America etc) it is incumbent upon us to attempt to work toward having the best community possible.

I could also look the other way if an elderly woman is being attacked by a mugger, but I won’t.

I don’t think any of the outcomes that I have stated are ridiculous.

I’m sure that in 1952 no one would have believed that optional prayer in school would have been abolished in 1962. Where did that lead? The 10 commandments being removed from court houses. Nativity scenes being removed from public squares etc.

There is indeed a domino effect in everything that is done. And claiming that “B” can’t happen just because “A” did happen is a bit naive.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Ouch! Now you sound like my wife.[/quote]

Smart girl. Too bad she likes her men flaccid and placid.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
I’m sure that in 1952 no one would have believed that optional prayer in school would have been abolished in 1962. Where did that lead? The 10 commandments being removed from court houses. Nativity scenes being removed from public squares etc. [/quote]

And people say there’s only bad news on TV.