Man Marries Goat

What do you think of this? I find the solution of the council of elders very pleasing to all parties involved. Except for the goat, of course.

Sudan man forced to ‘marry’ goat

A Sudanese man has been forced to take a goat as his “wife”, after he was caught having sex with the animal.

The goat’s owner, Mr Alifi, said he surprised the man with his goat and took him to a council of elders.

They ordered the man, Mr Tombe, to pay a dowry of 15,000 Sudanese dinars ($50) to Mr Alifi.

“We have given him the goat, and as far as we know they are still together,” Mr Alifi said.

Mr Alifi, Hai Malakal in Upper Nile State, told the Juba Post newspaper that he heard a loud noise around midnight on 13 February and immediately rushed outside to find Mr Tombe with his goat.

“When I asked him: ‘What are you doing there?’, he fell off the back of the goat, so I captured and tied him up”.

Mr Alifi then called elders to decide how to deal with the case.

“They said I should not take him to the police, but rather let him pay a dowry for my goat because he used it as his wife,” Mr Alifi told the newspaper…

[quote]karva wrote:
What do you think of this? I find the solution of the council of elders very pleasing to all parties involved. Except for the goat, of course.

A Sudanese man has been forced to take a goat as his “wife”, after he was caught having sex with the animal.

The goat’s owner, Mr Alifi, said he surprised the man with his goat and took him to a council of elders.

They ordered the man, Mr Tombe, to pay a dowry of 15,000 Sudanese dinars ($50) to Mr Alifi.

“We have given him the goat, and as far as we know they are still together,” Mr Alifi said.

Mr Alifi, Hai Malakal in Upper Nile State, told the Juba Post newspaper that he heard a loud noise around midnight on 13 February and immediately rushed outside to find Mr Tombe with his goat.

“When I asked him: ‘What are you doing there?’, he fell off the back of the goat, so I captured and tied him up”.

“They said I should not take him to the police, but rather let him pay a dowry for my goat because he used it as his wife,” Mr Alifi told the newspaper… [/quote]

Well, if they came over to the U.S. there are many in this country (and on this site) that would calmour to give the goat medical and social security benefits, etc. After all, if two beings choose to “love” each other, then the rest of us just has to recognize their “relationship,” right libs???

[quote]steveo5801 wrote:
karva wrote:

“They said I should not take him to the police, but rather let him pay a dowry for my goat because he used it as his wife,” Mr Alifi told the newspaper…

Well, if they came over to the U.S. there are many in this country (and on this site) that would calmour to give the goat medical and social security benefits, etc. After all, if two beings choose to “love” each other, then the rest of us just has to recognize their “relationship,” right libs???

[/quote]

Damn right. Don’t tread on me. >_>

I find this to be a good example of a mode of practical judgement that is almost impossible in modern societies. Societies are too big and stiff, same as their legislature. The village elders didn’t want to meddle the police in the affair, because their idiot neighbour would have probably been beaten and thrown to jail. Maybe he had parents or some other relatives that were depending on him. I don’t know. Their judgement wasn’t so benign as it seems, it humiliates the man, but don’t stop him from working for his living.

[quote]steveo5801 wrote:

[/quote]

I don’t think so. In western world, at least in Europe, it would be an issue about animal rights. There are good reasons to assume, that the goat isn’t happy with the solution.

[quote]karva wrote:
steveo5801 wrote:

I don’t think so. In western world, at least in Europe, it would be an issue about animal rights. There are good reasons to assume, that the goat isn’t happy with the solution.[/quote]

If the goat wasn’t resisting enough to keep the man away, it must not have minded the attention.

I’m waiting on Zeb to tie this into gay marriage.

That’s just idiotic. The fact that people believe in liberty, in freedom, in equality, does not make them absolute retards.

I mean, it must obviously be something else for you, right?

[quote]vroom wrote:

That’s just idiotic. The fact that people believe in liberty, in freedom, in equality, does not make them absolute retards.

I mean, it must obviously be something else for you, right?[/quote]

Good thing you qualified the statement with the use of the word “absolute”.

I think some of you folks mistake aged policies with intentions.

I doubt anybody really wants bigger government or higher taxation, as a rule, but old policies put into place in the past were somewhat naive and have in turn led us in this direction.

Great, let’s find better ways to promote opportunity, education and personal involvement in the economy then. These ideals are not the problem, the methods that have been used to do so may be.

No, instead, let’s caricature each other’s beliefs and ideals and find ways to twist them into horrible parodies so that nobody will be able to take them seriously…

[quote]vroom wrote:

I mean, it must obviously be something else for you, right?[/quote]

Deviance is deviance! Where do you draw the line as to what is “freedom and equality” and what is just sick and twisted? Why is it idiotic to compare a guy who has sex with a goat to a guy who wants to have sex with another guy? Both are contrary to biological function. That’s a fact. So what is the difference?

Does the phrase consenting adults mean anything to you?

I know that is pretty difficult concept to grasp. Howabout when a man rams his wife up the ass, which happens a lot in this country, is the world suffering from that deviance too?

Consenting adults.

Those of sound mind making decisions for themselves and consenting to actions with another of sound mind similarly capable of making decisions for themself.

Honestly, this stuff isn’t difficult. Use your head for more than a doorstop some time.

The comparison is fucking moronic. Your support of that comparison is fucking moronic.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Those of sound mind making decisions for themselves and consenting to actions with another of sound mind similarly capable of making decisions for themself.[/quote]

If you keep the “of sound mind” requirement, we’ll have to outlaw marriages involving conservatives.

[quote]vroom wrote:
Good thing you qualified the statement with the use of the word “absolute”.

I think some of you folks mistake aged policies with intentions.

I doubt anybody really wants bigger government or higher taxation, as a rule, but old policies put into place in the past were somewhat naive and have in turn led us in this direction.

Great, let’s find better ways to promote opportunity, education and personal involvement in the economy then. These ideals are not the problem, the methods that have been used to do so may be.

No, instead, let’s caricature each other’s beliefs and ideals and find ways to twist them into horrible parodies so that nobody will be able to take them seriously…[/quote]

It was only a feeble attempt at humor. Not meant to disparage you in any way. I was thinking about all the retards I have to deal with on a daily basis. I guess you had to be here. Peace.

[quote]doogie wrote:
I’m waiting on Zeb to tie this into gay marriage.[/quote]

Okay, I won’t mention it.

Other than to say, if you think that “gay marriage” is the final move if the bounds of marriage are expanded to accomodate it…well you’re very very wrong!

[quote]vroom wrote:
Why is it idiotic to compare a guy who has sex with a goat to a guy who wants to have sex with another guy? Both are contrary to biological function. That’s a fact. So what is the difference?

Does the phrase consenting adults mean anything to you[/quote]

And 40 years ago they laughed about two men getting married.

Time marches on and if the guy owns the animal…well I can hear the arguments now.

[quote]pookie wrote:
vroom wrote:
Those of sound mind making decisions for themselves and consenting to actions with another of sound mind similarly capable of making decisions for themself.

If you keep the “of sound mind” requirement, we’ll have to outlaw marriages involving conservatives.
[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing about atheists.

:slight_smile:

[quote]vroom wrote:
Why is it idiotic to compare a guy who has sex with a goat to a guy who wants to have sex with another guy? Both are contrary to biological function. That’s a fact. So what is the difference?

Does the phrase consenting adults mean anything to you?

I know that is pretty difficult concept to grasp. Howabout when a man rams his wife up the ass, which happens a lot in this country, is the world suffering from that deviance too?

Consenting adults.

Honestly, this stuff isn’t difficult. Use your head for more than a doorstop some time.

The comparison is fucking moronic. Your support of that comparison is fucking moronic.[/quote]

Consenting adults? You see vroom, this is why I pull the PC card on you. Everything out of your mouth seems to come from the liberal playbook.

So if two adults agree to do Heroin, that is ok? If one adult agrees to be a human sacrifice in some devil worship ritual, that is ok? What if we knew for a fact that the goat was ok with having sex with the guy, would it then be ok?

The fact that an adult agrees to the activity doesn’t make it, legal, healthy, smart, non-deviant, or right.

I can’t believe someone compared fucking a goat up the ass to gay marriage…

I have a lot of respect for some republicans, but seriously, a lot of you are retarded.

To compare marrying a goat to marrying a member of the same sex would be to contend that a goat and a human being aren’t mutually exclusive in all but kingdom, phylum, and class.

[quote]danmaftei wrote:
I can’t believe someone compared fucking a goat up the ass to gay marriage…

I have a lot of respect for some republicans, but seriously, a lot of you are retarded.

To compare marrying a goat to marrying a member of the same sex would be to contend that a goat and a human being aren’t mutually exclusive in all but kingdom, phylum, and class.[/quote]

Did you hear that sound?

It was the point flying right over your head.

Answer this question: If gay marriage were aloud to proceed what then would be the next step in the “expanding marriage” process?

I’m sure it would not be animals marriages. But perhaps polygamy, or incestual marriage.

Then who knows what’s after that…

Do you see the point now?