T Nation

Man Makers?

Hi all went to see 300 last night and was very impressed. I?ve been reading bits and pieces about how they trained for it. Can any one tell me what’s in a man maker it looks like a push up ob dumb bells into a row?

Check out the Gymjones.com site. It is mark twights site. He was the main trainer for the movie. I “think” they add what amounts to popping up to yout feet, then cleaning and pressing the dumbells. I have seen that version before but not 100% sure if that is what they did for the movie.

Not much on google, but I found this for you…http://joshsgarage.typepad.com/
it is worth a look.

As I understood it, a “Man Maker” wasn’t a set of exercises, but a repetition scheme.

Pick one or two (three? more?) GPP exercises. For this example: 2’ box jumps.

50 reps as fast as possible.
Rest until heart rate recovers.
40 reps…
Rest…
30 reps…
Rest…
20 reps…
Rest…
10 reps…
Done!

Could be done with kettlebell snatches, power cleans, burpees, squat-thrusts, roundhouse kicks, whatever.

I believe I read of one version where man-makers with overhead squats (unweighted with PVC pipe for the “bar”) were super-setted with 400m sprints around the track.

Bring a bucket.

– ElbowStrike

When I was 14 the Man Maker lived down the street. Her name was Joanne and her parents went to bingo on Wednesday nights.

[quote]tumbeh wrote:
When I was 14 the Man Maker lived down the street. Her name was Joanne and her parents went to bingo on Wednesday nights.[/quote]

Hahhahahaah. Well done.