Man Kills Dog

Disregarding the actual event, i am astounded that people will actually waste their time to protest outside this hearing… about a random dog…

[quote]critietaeta wrote:
Disregarding the actual event, i am astounded that people will actually waste their time to protest outside this hearing… about a random dog…[/quote]
Look at her she is 12, I am sure her parents are proud of her, fighting the fight for the wronged, while they work to support her.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
Ha Greg! I saw your “Well done” post AFTER I submitted mine.

Eerie.[/quote]

Great minds think alike.

I love dogs…but it’s a dog. I had mine stolen. I didn’t exactly see anyone recommend any Amber alerts.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I love dogs…but it’s a dog. I had mine stolen. I didn’t exactly see anyone recommend any Amber alerts.[/quote]

You should have interrogated all your neighbors… Waterboard, bamboo chutes, car batteries with attachment cables… The works.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

As I said before, if you can’t handle dogs, don’t have any at all.

[/quote]

You are very much on point in this thread.

Having dogs and kids in the same house takes work, thought and massive amounts of caution.

This dude didn’t handle this very well at any stage of the game.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
When I was a teenager we had a mix breed that killed one of our goats and actually bit my brother.

Me and my father took the dog out in a field and put one in the back of his head.

Should we have gone to jail?[/quote]

No.

You did not end the life of the dog in a cruel mannor.

You don’t provide enough detail as to the bite, so I can’t comment further. You did what you thought had to be done, with an animal that you couldn’t trust. (I use the term trust lightly, mainly because you should never trust an animal.)

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
When I was a teenager we had a mix breed that killed one of our goats and actually bit my brother.

Me and my father took the dog out in a field and put one in the back of his head.

Should we have gone to jail?[/quote]

Did you kick, beat and slam the dog against a fence too?

[/quote]

No of course not, but the line can get blurred and there needs to be some discussion about that fact. Abusing an animal, person, living thing is different in my eyes than euthanize them. HOWEVER many animal rights activists do not see that difference. They honestly view the life of an animal over the life of a human and to me that is ludicrous. Also to argue the ownership abilities of this individual is ludicrous he has a fucking kid, you should be arguing the fact of him having a fucking child before arguing him being a pet owner (not directed at you DN, just in this topic in general) [/quote]

I agree with your points.

Interestingly enough, I wasn’t shocked at you shooting the dog at the back of his head, though some would find it cruel. That was a rather swift death.

The beating, kicking and slamming is what pissed me off the most. The pup was just a year old (around that age, they do a lot of ‘‘mouthing’’,) probably not trained properly and was hanging around a baby. I don’t think his death deserved to be that awful.

As I said before, if you can’t handle dogs, don’t have any at all.

[/quote]
I agree with this. The good thing is this guy won’t be allowed to have dogs anymore.

Was his response wrong?

I think most parents would have a similar response regarding the future of the dog.

I also think most decent humans would have the dog put down in a humane way.

But if the child in the op had died would the parents reaction be getting the same criticism?

If you were out walking with your child in a pram, and a guy came and pushed the pram over, who would honestly not beat the hell out of the guy?

Why is it different because it’s a dog?

I do agree the parents have accountability for letting the situation arise in the first place though.

Anyone recall the story some years ago, where a dog escaped its confines, roamed the street and mauled a little girl? Her father hunted that dog down right to the owner’s house, then beat the dog to death with a shovel - right in front of the owner.

I would have done the same.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Anyone recall the story some years ago, where a dog escaped its confines, roamed the street and mauled a little girl? Her father hunted that dog down right to the owner’s house, then beat the dog to death with a shovel - right in front of the owner.

I would have done the same. [/quote]

I would not be able to think clearly enough to even consider grabbing a shovel. My heart rate nearly doubled just thinking about it.

[quote]Steel Nation wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I would not be able to think clearly enough to even consider grabbing a shovel. My heart rate nearly doubled just thinking about it.[/quote]

I wish I could find that story online. The dog had been pent up for some time. He escaped and went roaming for a victim. The girl was just 4 years old and she and her family were just exiting a restaurant when the dog grabbed the girl’s face (she needed reconstructive surgery, but survived). Her father went searching for the dog, and when he found where it lived, the owner had the dog back in its pen. When the girl’s dad approached with the shovel, the owner already knew what was to come and BEGGED the dad to not kill her dog. He beat the dog to death right there.

It went to court. I can’t recall the outcome, but the dad later told press that nobody won. He felt bad for killing the dog in retrospect, but at the time it had to be done.

Jehovah:

For someone who brought up the notion of logical thinking you make a decidedly illogical argument when you appeal to “instinct” in your justification of slaughtering animals. Do I need to rifle off a list of commonly shared animal instincts that are nonetheless immoral and should be ignored/repressed in favor of more sensible and ethical courses of action?

As for animals being killed with zero pain or suffering, that’s simply not true at all. At best, it’s true of a very small number of facilities. I live in Seattle and it’s one of the greenest, hippiest places you’re going to find. Tons of “local, organic” goods and meats. Every time I’ve looked closely into a farm that purports to have humane treatment of livestock, at best it’s less terrible than most other places. However if multi-grain bread has taught us anything, it’s that “less terrible” doesn’t equate to “good”.

However, even if I were to grant your point for the sake of argument and assume that all livestock were killed instantly with zero pain, that doesn’t address all the pain and suffering they endure their entire lives before they are put out of their misery. Unless you care to argue that we give pigs, chickens, cows, etc. happy free lives before mercifully killing them.

Regarding those who have or support killing a “problem dog”, I dare say while you perhaps don’t deserve jail time, you’re certainly morally culpable for your failure to properly understand and raise your dog. Most people never bother to read or research child development, psychology, behavior, etc. before having kids, and needless to say even fewer people bother to read a single damn book when they decide to incorporate a completely different species into their household, but ignorance and laziness do not excuse the fact that you didn’t know how to raise your dog and it had to die because of your stupidity.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

I would not be able to think clearly enough to even consider grabbing a shovel. My heart rate nearly doubled just thinking about it.[/quote]

I wish I could find that story online. The dog had been pent up for some time. He escaped and went roaming for a victim. The girl was just 4 years old and she and her family were just exiting a restaurant when the dog grabbed the girl’s face (she needed reconstructive surgery, but survived). Her father went searching for the dog, and when he found where it lived, the owner had the dog back in its pen. When the girl’s dad approached with the shovel, the owner already knew what was to come and BEGGED the dad to not kill her dog. He beat the dog to death right there.

It went to court. I can’t recall the outcome, but the dad later told press that nobody won. He felt bad for killing the dog in retrospect, but at the time it had to be done. [/quote]

^^that dad should go to prison, get ass raped and then, thereafter, his fate is set – he shall perish in a car fire. his mother and daughter and sister should be sold into the heroin and prostitution sex ring in Turkey, just to push karma back towards a fair lean the other way.

Id seriously torture a dog if it bit my baby

No joke. I would pepper spray it every hour on the hour and push it out of my car on the highway

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

It went to court. I can’t recall the outcome, but the dad later told press that nobody won. He felt bad for killing the dog in retrospect, but at the time it had to be done. [/quote]

^^that dad should go to prison, get ass raped and then, thereafter, his fate is set – he shall perish in a car fire. his mother and daughter and sister should be sold into the heroin and prostitution sex ring in Turkey, just to push karma back towards a fair lean the other way.[/quote]

Why? (I’m genuinely curious, and this is not some attack on you. Just want to see why you’re so fueled behind it. (not that he does or does not deserve some repercussion))

LOL you Americans.

Its the Daily Fail. Not much better than dog shit.