T Nation

Man Kills Dog

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Psssshhh

If the dog bit the hand then the wrist wasnt too far off.

Dog has to go.

Not saying the dude isnt wrong for creating the situation…

I will even bet that the guy was only thinking “what if it wasnt just a bite on the hand?”

Funny…a dog can bite a kid and. No one hates the dog.

An adult can make a comment about someone elses kid and this people lose their heads.

[quote]Socrastein wrote:

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:

[quote]Socrastein wrote:
Well we brutally slaughter pigs, chickens, cows, etc. by the millions for no other reason than “they’re tasty”. If he had instead locked the puppy in a tiny cage and then tied it upside down and slit it’s throat to let it bleed out whilst alive, would it be okay so long as he then cooked it on the BBQ?

It’s always confusing to me what does and doesn’t constitute animal cruelty in today’s society. At least the dog was a “threat” so far as the man was concerned, at least on some level. We kill animals all the time for reasons that have nothing to do with perceived threats to helpless infantile children. [/quote]

for a few seconds your statement makes sense, then one must realize as humans we have something called logical thinking and making decisions on a case by case basis.[/quote]

Can you not see that an appeal to logical consistency is the case I am making? If it’s wrong to inflict unnecessary pain and suffering on an animal then ultimately kill it, I fail to see how this story is an example of such but bacon is not.
[/quote]

killing animals for food is a natural instinct shared by many animals on this planet.

I did not read the article so I can’t comment specifically on this case, but killing an animal just to kill it is senseless and not the same though the end result is the same.

When I was a teenager we had a mix breed that killed one of our goats and actually bit my brother.

Me and my father took the dog out in a field and put one in the back of his head.

Should we have gone to jail?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
When I was a teenager we had a mix breed that killed one of our goats and actually bit my brother.

Me and my father took the dog out in a field and put one in the back of his head.

Should we have gone to jail?[/quote]

No.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Absolutely.

That dog should have not even been allowed outside, should not be allowed to be a dog in the first place,
It should have been in the house, sleeping in your bed, cuddling up with you at night between you and your wife ( let that bitch know she is not the only one you bond for life with emotionally, she shares that special place with your pet.), and licking your face and lips with the same tongue it ( sorry, “HE” ) cleans its balls and penis.

If the dog had been “loved dearly” by being in your bed and in the home, this would have never happened.

I am surprised to find that there are people in America that still treat animals like animals in the manner that you do.
A pet is for life, for better and for worse, and you are to forsake all others for your pet.
That is the vow you take when you are a responsible pet owner.
“Love your pet as thy self”.

That is in the Bible, don’t you know.

Hell no Derek. Even though goats are the largest pain in the ass to fence.

And also, when you butcher a stock animal it is painless (except the occasional chicken) for them, Socrastein. Not sure of your experience with it or anything.

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Psssshhh

Dog has to go.

[/quote]

It really pains me to say this… But I agree with the Ct lol.

It’s a dog, a frickin dog. It attacked a kid and was killed for it. If a wild animal attacked a kid it would be killed, no different for a “pet” IMO.

I don’t agree with the way it supposedly happened (didn’t read the article, just saw a couple posts here) but its not worthy of ass rape or death in a car crash.

If a man can walk in on his wife having an affair, “snap” and kill a human in a “crime of passion” then why is it so egregious for a dad killing a dog that attacks his baby?

[quote]Alpha F wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Absolutely.

That dog should have not even been allowed outside, should not be allowed to be a dog in the first place,
It should have been in the house, sleeping in your bed, cuddling up with you at night between you and your wife ( let that bitch know she is not the only one you bond for life with emotionally, she shares that special place with your pet.), and licking your face and lips with the same tongue it ( sorry, “HE” ) cleans its balls and penis.

If the dog had been “loved dearly” by being in your bed and in the home, this would have never happened.

I am surprised to find that there are people in America that still treat animals like animals in the manner that you do.
A pet is for life, for better and for worse, and you are to forsake all others for your pet.
That is the vow you take when you are a responsible pet owner.
“Love your pet as thy self”.

That is in the Bible, don’t you know.
[/quote]

Well done.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Did you kick, beat and slam the dog against a fence too?

[quote]Ct. Rockula wrote:
Psssshhh

Dog has to go.

[/quote]

What is a dog doing around a 3 months old baby in the first place? Shouldn’t the baby be in his crib? Or in another room safely away from the dog? Just because the dog was a JR, the parents thought it was safe to let the dog ‘‘babysit’’ him or giving him kisses.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

No of course not, but the line can get blurred and there needs to be some discussion about that fact. Abusing an animal, person, living thing is different in my eyes than euthanize them. HOWEVER many animal rights activists do not see that difference. They honestly view the life of an animal over the life of a human and to me that is ludicrous. Also to argue the ownership abilities of this individual is ludicrous he has a fucking kid, you should be arguing the fact of him having a fucking child before arguing him being a pet owner (not directed at you DN, just in this topic in general)

If the guy had just hit/thrown the puppy ONCE (whether the puppy died or not) I’d have a lot of sympathy for him receiving a custodial sentence.

Also, the fact he is acording article: ‘well known’ to the courts…well, call me cynical if you like…but I’d very surprised if this is the first he’s exploded into a violent rage & used vastly disproportionate force.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[/quote]

No of course not, but the line can get blurred and there needs to be some discussion about that fact. Abusing an animal, person, living thing is different in my eyes than euthanize them. HOWEVER many animal rights activists do not see that difference. They honestly view the life of an animal over the life of a human and to me that is ludicrous. Also to argue the ownership abilities of this individual is ludicrous he has a fucking kid, you should be arguing the fact of him having a fucking child before arguing him being a pet owner (not directed at you DN, just in this topic in general) [/quote]

I agree with your points.

Interestingly enough, I wasn’t shocked at you shooting the dog at the back of his head, though some would find it cruel. That was a rather swift death.

The beating, kicking and slamming is what pissed me off the most. The pup was just a year old (around that age, they do a lot of ‘‘mouthing’’,) probably not trained properly and was hanging around a baby. I don’t think his death deserved to be that awful.

As I said before, if you can’t handle dogs, don’t have any at all.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
“District Judge Andrew Woollard said: 'I can?t envisage a crime more serious than what you committed.”

Hmmm…really now?[/quote]

I was gonna say that ! See…I even copied it to past it in my own witty post: District Judge Andrew Woollard said: â??I canâ??t envisage a crime more serious than what you committed

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

For killing the dog? No. For what you and your old man did to the dead goat’s body ‘just this once son’…yes…definitely yes.

[quote]DarkNinjaa wrote:
The beating, kicking and slamming is what pissed me off the most. The pup was just a year old (around that age, they do a lot of ‘‘mouthing’’,) probably not trained properly and was hanging around a baby. I don’t think his death deserved to be that awful.

[/quote]

Agreed. I don’t actually think this is grounds for killing the dog at all…give him to a family that doesn’t have a 3 month old, or a retard for a father.

The thing to me is if this had happened to me I would have been far more concerned about seeing that my 3 month old got immediate medical attention rather than wasting valuable time mauling a puppy to death.

[quote]sen say wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

For killing the dog? No. For what you and your old man did to the dead goat’s body ‘just this once son’…yes…definitely yes.[/quote]

Lol you got a problem with our HillBilly ways there city boy?

Is it really justified to put down a dog after he bites just once? At what point is it really the best choice?

At what age is the dog old enough to “know better”?

Growing up, we had to put a dog down due to an aggressive streak. Great dog, but here and there he’d snap and bite. He had a few triggers that would put him into an aggressive state. When he bit my sister, that was the last straw.