T Nation

Man Kills Bear w/ Arrow to Save Son

http://www.rd.com/your-america-inspiring-people-and-stories/father-kills-bear-to-save-son/article156354.html

Holy crap!

a real T-Man.

What a guy!

That. Is badass.

and he didn't film it? its bullshit then

because when they went back to skin it and destroy the body with a warden... and the only wound was a arrow thru the heart...

That last line from the son was a classic. "If I got off and made it chase me I bet you would hit it."

V

Awesome. Real men.

pssssh, I killed a bear with nothing but floss and a beet before. Bears, beets, Battle Star Galactica

This guy iced a bear with his bare hands!

I know you are joking but in case anyone doesn't believe it I found this article:
http://www.codyenterprise.com/articles/2008/09/22/news/news3.txt

bpeck

I hear that attempting to beat a bear to death with a bow increases testosterone levels immensely, resulting in "T-man" syndrome.

This isn't heroism. This is ecological deviancy. The bear would never have attacked if the hunters were there in peace.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I hate when an author ruins an account of a real event by instead telling a big fish story. The son was attacked by a grizzly bear and would likely have been killed, the father had the sense of mind to use the weapon at hand and help his son and then tried to put himself in the middle.. thats heroic.The father making the shot wasnt a one in a million shot..any hunter using a compound bow can expect a 30-40 yard shot when hunting elk. Thats just one example of the cheesy aspect of the story..i blame the author. The father is absolutely a hero.

Neither. Remember the father's prayer. :wink:

I didn't read the article...why did the bear have an arrow?

Where do you think they buy their jeans?

Their legs look big, while their waists are small.