Man I F#@$n Love Pull-Ups!

Good job OP!!! That is damn impressive for 350lbs!

PULLUPS FTW

13@210

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
Curran wrote:
trav123456 wrote:
what’s your weight OP?

yeah this guy better be like 300lbs for me to give even a bird sized shit

idk, I just hit 10 strict pullups at 220 I’m pretty stoked about that. It’s nothing crazy but it’s decent progression. It’s kind of like hitting 2 plates for ten reps benching, nothing crazy but still a milestone in someones training.[/quote]

I wouldnt say that. 10 reps with 225 on the bench is harder than 20 pull-ups. I am 190-195 and I can do 22 the first set and I dont bench 10 rep with 225

[quote]rassy wrote:
If you guys are so critical with this guys progress what do you deem a good pullup number? Better yet whats a good number in relation to weight, body composition and experience? Im not chirping but legitimately curious to see what people think and where I stand in relation.

I weigh about 195 and at bw i can usually get 15 or 16 my first set then like 12 - 14 then 12, 12, 10. I can typically hit 50 reps in 5 sets. [/quote]

I would say at least 15 for any given bodyweight, I can still do around 25-28 with straps at 280+ pounds.

[quote]rassy wrote:
If you guys are so critical with this guys progress what do you deem a good pullup number? Better yet whats a good number in relation to weight, body composition and experience? Im not chirping but legitimately curious to see what people think and where I stand in relation.

I weigh about 195 and at bw i can usually get 15 or 16 my first set then like 12 - 14 then 12, 12, 10. I can typically hit 50 reps in 5 sets. [/quote]

I doubt you’ll get a response from the critics above as they probably only do pulldowns haha.
I like chin ups they are a very honest exercise and let you know exactly where you stand in terms of strength in relation to your body comp, sets of 15 is pretty good. I have a 22rep max on wide grip chins @190.

Flabby people generally don’t do chins and will glafly tell all sorts of “good” reasons for skipping them.

pullups are the tits

[quote]jasmincar wrote:
trav123456 wrote:
Curran wrote:
trav123456 wrote:
what’s your weight OP?

yeah this guy better be like 300lbs for me to give even a bird sized shit

idk, I just hit 10 strict pullups at 220 I’m pretty stoked about that. It’s nothing crazy but it’s decent progression. It’s kind of like hitting 2 plates for ten reps benching, nothing crazy but still a milestone in someones training.

I wouldnt say that. 10 reps with 225 on the bench is harder than 20 pull-ups. I am 190-195 and I can do 22 the first set and I dont bench 10 rep with 225
[/quote]

No, because in order for it to be fair you’d have to strap 30-35 lbs to your waist to make it a 225 lb pull up, so if you got 10 reps there it’d be pretty decent. How many reps can you get benching your bodyweight? But yes benching is probably a somewhat more difficult exercise in that you have to balance more and it’s more difficult to hold form, and they aren’t even on the same plane of motion so it’s not exactly a fair comparison.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
I would say at least 15 for any given bodyweight, I can still do around 25-28 with straps at 280+ pounds.[/quote]

That’s huge man, do you do weighted pull ups also? And sorry to keep the pullup vs. bench strength going but what do you suppose your bench reps would be with the same weight?

350 i call bullshit

[quote]trav123456 wrote:
waylanderxx wrote:
I would say at least 15 for any given bodyweight, I can still do around 25-28 with straps at 280+ pounds.

That’s huge man, do you do weighted pull ups also? And sorry to keep the pullup vs. bench strength going but what do you suppose your bench reps would be with the same weight?[/quote]

Thanks, I do occasionally, pullups aren’t as big a part of my routine as they used to be. I have no idea what I would get for 25+ reps on bench, the most I’ve benched thus far though is 430x3

Nice work OP. Don’t forget about the first few children trying to up their e-cred with “clever” remarks. It is sad, but that is the way it is around. Anyways, keep working hard, dude.

[quote]dtheyer wrote:
350 i call bullshit[/quote]

he could be 6 ft 4

Pullups/Chinups are one of the single best exercises you can do, imo. I did chinups with 80 pounds last week, gunning for 90 pounds this week.

you gotta start some where

I have been doing pull-ups for a while now and I’m up to doing 10 reps with a 30 pound weight. I weigh 230 pounds…I really think it’s the key to bigger biceps. I wish I had a pull-up bar at home. I will have to make that happen soon.

I recommend adding additional weight when you do pull-ups to get stronger.

Congrats on the progress. Keep with it and you’ll be at 20 in no time.

[quote]MNguns wrote:

Man I F#@$n Love Pull-Ups! [/quote]

Yaaaaaaaaay!!! You’re a BIG KID now!!!

Nah, pullups are awesome. I’ve grown with them in my routine as well as other back stuff.

[quote]adamhum wrote:
I have been doing pull-ups for a while now and I’m up to doing 10 reps with a 30 pound weight. I weigh 230 pounds…I really think it’s the key to bigger biceps[/quote] Sure you’re doing a pullup and not a hanging reverse curl ? :slight_smile: [quote]. I wish I had a pull-up bar at home. I will have to make that happen soon.

I recommend adding additional weight when you do pull-ups to get stronger.[/quote]

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
MNguns wrote:

Man I F#@$n Love Pull-Ups!

Yaaaaaaaaay!!! You’re a BIG KID now!!!

Nah, pullups are awesome. I’ve grown with them in my routine as well as other back stuff.[/quote]

Haha! :smiley:

[quote]adamhum wrote:
I have been doing pull-ups for a while now and I’m up to doing 10 reps with a 30 pound weight. I weigh 230 pounds…I really think it’s the key to bigger biceps. I wish I had a pull-up bar at home. I will have to make that happen soon.

I recommend adding additional weight when you do pull-ups to get stronger.[/quote]

When I do pullups I get absolutely nothing in the biceps. Chinups are different but even then I feel it more in the back unless I intentionally try otherwise.