Man Crushed Under Bench Press

I thought this article would interest a few of us on this site :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.wnbc.com/news/3747216/detail.html

Hmmmm. Why didnā€™t he just do that see-saw movement to remove the weight if he could not lift it? Is it possible he had a syncople episode (fainted)? or a stroke, heart attack etc.

Yeah, he might have had an aneurysm or something. Geez, this gives a whole new meaning to ā€œtraining to failureā€. Another good reason not to.

Yeah - especially without a spotter! Jeebus!

If lifting alone, always use a cage.

He was probably using a poorly made home-built cage.

Maybe this is how he wanted to go out. But a true T-man would go out with a heart-attack inducing set of squats or deadlifts wouldnā€™t he?

I donā€™t know dollarbillā€¦ Iā€™ve always wanted to go out having a heart attack or whatever because of an all-week sex-a-thon with a couple of 18 year old girlsā€¦

I thought it was more interesting that he was 63 and had a 35 year old wifeā€¦

[quote]ArnldNaledUrMom wrote:
I thought it was more interesting that he was 63 and had a 35 year old wifeā€¦[/quote]

The article said ā€œHe is survived by his wife of 35 yearsā€.

heh, 260lb. load + sudden additional weight of wife = choking to death on bar ā€”> major life insurance check.

ā€¦never know

[quote]lothario1132 wrote:
I donā€™t know dollarbillā€¦ Iā€™ve always wanted to go out having a heart attack or whatever because of an all-week sex-a-thon with a couple of 18 year old girlsā€¦[/quote]

That was a given, which is why I left it out. The ā€œdeath setā€ would happen while simultaneously servicing two 18 year old girls (you could substitute fit, older ladies with experience as well - Iā€™m impartial on that point). Now that I think about it, maybe Bench press would be the way to go in the multiple girl scenario - dying of muffication.

Just a note to yā€™all: ā€œwife of 35 yearsā€ does NOT mean that she is 35 (unless they married at her birth). It means there were married for 35 years, which would probably put her at 55-65 as well.