Man Crush

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
I’m glad I read threads like these. I’d hate to forget that manliness is a measure of ones homophobia. [/quote]

You know what, I’m fucking tired of that.

Its simple. Men don’t play with dolls, Men don’t have man crushes, and Men don’t use mascara or shit like.

Men play with action figures. And hell, its not playing, its called fighting. I’d pit my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles against my Robocop ACTION FIGURE!

Men don’t have crushes on other Men. Thinking another Man is cool is alright. But a “Man Crush”? Shut the fuck up.

I’m still opposed to Men wearing pink and you should too.

And homo-phobic? Whatever. If me not liking other men doing dumb shit is homo-phobic, then I’m homo-phobic.

Where the fuck is John Wayne and Charles Bronson when you need them.

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
I have a man crush on Bear Grylls. [/quote]

I have a woman crush on Bear Grylls. He can climb my coconut tree anytime.

He’s amazing.

The closest I’ll ever get to a so-called “man-crush” is for Nicole Bass…/;-D

[quote]Molotov_Coktease wrote:
Brant_Drake wrote:
I have a man crush on Bear Grylls.

I have a woman crush on Bear Grylls. He can climb my coconut tree anytime.

He’s amazing.

[/quote]

Bear tries too hard. He’s all about the sensationalism and has a crew around.

I’ve always found Les Stroud’s show far more interesting. He gives useful information on how to survive, not some sensationalized “this might kill me, but let’s try it!” crap. Plus, he films it himself.

http://www.survivorman.ca

“Action figures”
“Dolls”

I mean, what’s the difference between them? Nothing. The name given to them seems to define them as appropriate for the target gender.

If you called “action figures” “action dolls,” you’d never sell any.

Yes, action figures and dolls are the same thing…just geared toward different genders.

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
christine wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly. I mean, GI Joes, Transformers, and Voltron were all dolls, right?

Wouldn’t a real man call them action figures?

real men called them bb gun targets[/quote]

Exactly, or if there were fire crackers handy they became ordinance volunteers

[quote]AlphaDragon wrote:
“Action figures”
“Dolls”

I mean, what’s the difference between them? Nothing. The name given to them seems to define them as appropriate for the target gender.

Yes, action figures and dolls are the same thing…just geared toward different genders.[/quote]

Was this an epiphany for you? What is your point? That you don’t understand that the function for both genders is different even though they may technically be “dolls”? How many boys do you think play “tea party” or “house” with their GI Joe’s and Transformers? How many people do you think are getting fake shot and blown up in Barbie’s playhouse?

What the fuck is this debate even about? That some of you seem to think that defining male characteristics is now wrong? If that isn’t your argument, then what the fuck is?..and why?

What, What.
In the Butt.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
AlphaDragon wrote:
“Action figures”
“Dolls”

How many people do you think are getting fake shot and blown up in Barbie’s playhouse?

[/quote]

At least one per week. Barbie never saw it coming. shrapnel Barbie … coming soon.

[quote]baretta wrote:
cough…closet homosexual…cough
-1 Man crush

Well, playing with dolls will probably make the french more manly anyways.
+1 french sissies[/quote]

lol…this post rules!

[quote]WolBarret wrote:
CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
I’m glad I read threads like these. I’d hate to forget that manliness is a measure of ones homophobia.

You know what, I’m fucking tired of that.

Its simple. Men don’t play with dolls, Men don’t have man crushes, and Men don’t use mascara or shit like.

Men play with action figures. And hell, its not playing, its called fighting. I’d pit my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles against my Robocop ACTION FIGURE!

Men don’t have crushes on other Men. Thinking another Man is cool is alright. But a “Man Crush”? Shut the fuck up.

I’m still opposed to Men wearing pink and you should too.

And homo-phobic? Whatever. If me not liking other men doing dumb shit is homo-phobic, then I’m homo-phobic.

Where the fuck is John Wayne and Charles Bronson when you need them.[/quote]

The only reason you see it as “dumb shit” (wearing pink/playing with dolls/wearing makeup) is because you associate it with homosexuality.

You are a homophobe. And you try to encourage others to be homophobic.

Why should I be opposed to men wearing pink? What about blue? You know originally baby boys were wrapped in pink blankets and baby girls in blue, right?

Should I be opposed to men wearing green or red or yellow or orange or purple or black?

Why the fuck should I care what color another person wears?

Oh yeah. Cause it might indicate that they are gay, and I should be a homophobe like you.

Seriously, I’m sick of your shit.

action figures nowadays suck. i haven’t seen a decent one in years

not that i look or anything <_<

Given the region that the “man crush” article was written for, I’d say he was just writing toward his audience, who are profoundly gay.

If the sentiments expressed about wanting to be with Justin Timberlake were true, then maybe the author just wants to be manhandled a bit and treated like a dirty little girl. Not in a gay way, just more like a role playing/manlove sort of thing.
(not that theres anything wrong with that)

It’s not like I’m homophobic either. I used to play with dolls too. We would mix up some styrofoam and gasoline napalm, light them up, and throw them at eachother. Who ever got hit usualy caught fire and would get in trouble for catching fire.

That don’t make me gay, does it?

[quote]SkyzykS wrote:
Given the region that the “man crush” article was written for, I’d say he was just writing toward his audience, who are profoundly gay.

If the sentiments expressed about wanting to be with Justin Timberlake were true, then maybe the author just wants to be manhandled a bit and treated like a dirty little girl. Not in a gay way, just more like a role playing/manlove sort of thing.
(not that theres anything wrong with that)

It’s not like I’m homophobic either. I used to play with dolls too. We would mix up some styrofoam and gasoline napalm, light them up, and throw them at eachother. Who ever got hit usualy caught fire and would get in trouble for catching fire.

That don’t make me gay, does it?[/quote]

Not unless freezing your sister’s Barbie dolls in large glasses of water and then seeing if you can break them into pieces with a rubber mallet makes me gay.

I would have used fire too but my best friend down the street at the time burst his parents’ car into flames attempting something similar to what you just wrote.

That kid was never the same.

Not unless freezing your sister’s Barbie dolls in large glasses of water and then seeing if you can break them into pieces with a rubber mallet makes me gay.

I would have used fire too but my best friend down the street at the time burst his parents’ car into flames attempting something similar to what you just wrote.

That kid was never the same.[/quote]

Now that is some creative play. We did some stuff like that with dry ice and spiders.

It helps later in life too. Need to fit a set of precision bearings into a cuff with only a mill. of clearance?
Liqid nitrogen!

I don’t mind kids playing with dolls, as long as they learn to use their heads. It’s good practice for later in life.

This thread needs some superhero zombies.

AlphaDragon wrote:
“Action figures”
“Dolls”

Yes, action figures and dolls are the same thing…just geared toward different genders.

Was this an epiphany for you? What is your point? That you don’t understand that the function for both genders is different even though they may technically be “dolls”? How many boys do you think play “tea party” or “house” with their GI Joe’s and Transformers? How many people do you think are getting fake shot and blown up in Barbie’s playhouse?

What the fuck is this debate even about? That some of you seem to think that defining male characteristics is now wrong? If that isn’t your argument, then what the fuck is?..and why?
[/quote]

How about getting annoyed that some people feel the need to insult others because they do something outside of standard gender stereotypes?

How about being bothered that some feel the need to force others to have specific personality traits just to make the former feel comfortable?

How about the observation that its mostly just homophobia?

Oh well. Maybe women just shouldnt be doctors and men shouldnt be teachers. Wouldnt fit the gender stereotypes.

How about getting annoyed that some people feel the need to insult others because they do something outside of standard gender stereotypes?

How about being bothered that some feel the need to force others to have specific personality traits just to make the former feel comfortable?

Oh well. Maybe women just shouldnt be doctors and men shouldnt be teachers. Wouldnt fit the gender stereotypes.[/quote]

How about anytime anyone expresses anything that is vaguely masculine and calls for some form of distinction between the sexes it mean he hates gay people?

Shutting down discussion by painting people with your broad brush is repugnant, too.

You are a homophobe. [/quote]

Crying “homophobe!” is every bit is churlish as crying “homo!”

You know nothing of this poster.

Oh well. Maybe women just shouldnt be doctors and men shouldnt be teachers. Wouldnt fit the gender stereotypes.[/quote]

Who has forced you or anyone else to have “specific personality traits”? Why is it that anytime someone discusses masculinity in a positive light, there are several of you who seem to jump forward in protest as if you are upset that anyone sees it as positive and isn’t running around screaming about how great it is that men can be as feminine as possible?

I could care less who is gay and who isn’t. That hasn’t stopped you from calling everyone who sees traditional masculinity as a positive a “homophobe”.

Who was discussing jobs that men and women can have? Who has said men or women shouldn’t have certain jobs? Is all of this in your head?