T Nation

Man Crush

I honestly don’t know what to say about this one other that to express my deepest sympathies to the author’s wife.

“Summer sizzles for Man Crushes – and there’s nothing wrong with that”
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/06/08/POP.TMP?g=true

From the Article:
“If God didn’t want us to have crushes on other men, why did he make Derek Jeter so freaking cool?”

Also thought this was rather ridiculous:
“Playing with Dolls is good for young boys.”

There ya go boys, have at it.

I have a man crush on Henry Rollins. I dare you to make fun of me!

cough…closet homosexual…cough
-1 Man crush

Well, playing with dolls will probably make the french more manly anyways.
+1 french sissies

If that’s how blue state boys roll…
Then I’ll happily stay in my red state…

[quote]LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
I have a man crush on Henry Rollins. I dare you to make fun of me![/quote]

I don’t think I have to, I’ll just wait for Mr. Rollins to take care of the problem himself.

wow he refered to other men as hot about 6 times.

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
I honestly don’t know what to say about this one other that to express my deepest sympathies to the author’s wife.

“Summer sizzles for Man Crushes – and there’s nothing wrong with that”
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/06/08/POP.TMP?g=true

From the Article:
“If God didn’t want us to have crushes on other men, why did he make Derek Jeter so freaking cool?” [/quote]

Hmmm, from the San Francisco Chronicle. Imagine that…

[quote]
Also thought this was rather ridiculous:
“Playing with Dolls is good for young boys.”

There ya go boys, have at it.[/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly. I mean, GI Joes, Transformers, and Voltron were all dolls, right?

[quote]blitzkrg wrote:
If that’s how blue state boys roll…
Then I’ll happily stay in my red state…
[/quote]

oh no, nothing to do with blue stateness. I live in one of the bluest, and am surrounded on all sides by other blue states (ok, so it’s ocean on 2 sides, but that’s blue too), and I can assures you, our manner of rolling is in no way, shape, or form represented by this fellow’s opinion.

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
I don’t think I have to, I’ll just wait for Mr. Rollins to take care of the problem himself.[/quote]

Hmmm…somehow I don’t picture Hank caring too much.

I have a man crush on Bear Grylls.

[quote]Doug Adams wrote:
I agree wholeheartedly. I mean, GI Joes, Transformers, and Voltron were all dolls, right?

[/quote]

Wouldn’t a real man call them action figures?

m0dd3r wrote:
I don’t think I have to, I’ll just wait for Mr. Rollins to take care of the problem himself.

Hmmm…somehow I don’t picture Hank caring too much.[/quote]

no? Well then next time he comes to your town, maybe you can find out where he’s staying. Just throw on some man-pris and clogs, grab your murse (man purse?) and head on over there to see if he wants to hang out listening to justin timberlake, eating nachos, and discussing how much better He Man brad would make over Dolph.

(if you read that in the voice of Dr. Cox from Scrubs it’s a lot funnier)

[quote]Brant_Drake wrote:
I have a man crush on Bear Grylls. [/quote]

based on your avatar, I’m not in the least surprised. Good choice though I suppose (Bear, not the Hoff).

[quote]christine wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:

Wouldn’t a real man call them action figures?[/quote]

real men called them bb gun targets

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
Brant_Drake wrote:
I have a man crush on Bear Grylls.

based on your avatar, I’m not in the least surprised. Good choice though I suppose (Bear, not the Hoff).[/quote]

Ha! You’ve been hasslehoffed! Actually, the humor has worn off, time for a change.

Edit: Link to old avatar, just so no one misses the joke.

hasselhoff.gif by donnie spears

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
christine wrote:
Doug Adams wrote:

Wouldn’t a real man call them action figures?

real men called them bb gun targets[/quote]

bb gun? You’ll shoot your eye out kid!

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
no? Well then next time he comes to your town, maybe you can find out where he’s staying. Just throw on some man-pris and clogs, grab your murse (man purse?) and head on over there to see if he wants to hang out listening to justin timberlake, eating nachos, and discussing how much better He Man brad would make over Dolph.
[/quote]

or maybe we can just skip the small talk and get down and dirty and do a little nekid oil wrestling…? I’d let him win.

You seem to have a pretty good grasp of manliness. Tell me, where did you first learn about man-pris and murses (is that the same thing as a male nurse too, ironic)?

[quote]m0dd3r wrote:
LIFTICVSMAXIMVS wrote:
m0dd3r wrote:

Hmmm…somehow I don’t picture Hank caring too much.

(if you read that in the voice of Dr. Cox from Scrubs it’s a lot funnier)[/quote]

+10 for a rant that would make Perry Cox proud.

or maybe we can just skip the small talk and get down and dirty and do a little nekid oil wrestling…? I’d let him win.

You seem to have a pretty good grasp of manliness. Tell me, where did you first learn about man-pris and murses (is that the same thing as a male nurse too, ironic)?[/quote]

I believe the man-pris were mentioned on another thread a few days ago. There was a link to the standingonthebox blog too I think. Can’t remember the thread though. Ya know, murse may be male nurse and not man purse, I’m not really sure. I’ve always made due with pockets and a wallet.

I’m glad I read threads like these. I’d hate to forget that manliness is a measure of ones homophobia.