Man Arrested Trying to Save His Dog

You can’t sit a guy down when he is acting like that. Maybe they could have handled it better, but you don’t know everything that was said, or the situation entirely.

You have to talk to some people like a small child to control them. You CANNOT let the guy get into the water, man, people do stupid things in situations like that, like dive right in.

And dogs are tough. And burn hotter than humans. But sometimes you can’t get that through someone’s head in an emotional situation.

FFS carry cord when you play around places like that. A few metres of good cord is easy enough to carry around.

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:
I love dogs and I’ve had dogs that would die for me If I was in any sort of danger. Yeah risking your life for an animal is a bit extreme. Yet showing how much your care about your companion is not.

[/quote]

Yeah I agree, the cops did a horrible job in handling the situation.

I have a dog too… If this happened to my dog, I would have saved her before the cops showed up…

[quote]elusive wrote:
shoo wrote:

How about a blowjob for that link, eh?

The link wasn’t that good, shit. I’ll never click on the link again. Promise.[/quote]

Man, I just thought I hit the jackpot when I found this avatar. Truns out I’ll have to find another way to mindcontrol people.

[quote]aznt0rk wrote:
Carlitosway wrote:
I love dogs and I’ve had dogs that would die for me If I was in any sort of danger. Yeah risking your life for an animal is a bit extreme. Yet showing how much your care about your companion is not.

Yeah I agree, the cops did a horrible job in handling the situation.

I have a dog too… If this happened to my dog, I would have saved her before the cops showed up…

[/quote]

I hope you have extremly wide hips, since the guy broke through the ice even though he was on that board. Wouldn’t feel good walking back soaking wet in that weather.

[quote]MaddyD wrote:
I would have beat the hell out of the cops,
.[/quote]

haha, sure you woulda.

Lol, cops. Useless. Never needed one in my life, never will. Live and let live, my philosophy

I don’t see precedent for the police to deny a man choosing to risk his own life.

If he died in the attempt (seems unlikely with so many people around and the short distance from shore) his family would suffer emotional pain but other than that this would have only effected him. His choice should not have been interfered with.

I have to defend these cops. The thing they did wrong was not put the owner in handcuffs and in the back of his car from the get go. If you have to push someone back because they wont listen to you, thats enough right there to detain him.

It should have never come to that guy making a dash for the lake and the cops tackling him. Second, if the cops let that guy in the water, and he so much as caught a cold, he could and probably would sue the department and win. As a cop, I am not going to risk my life or my career for a dog.

ive owned dogs, and i loved them, but i still would rather be the one living at the end of the day. This situation was jacked up from the begining, and is one of the situations where calling the cops made it worse. at the end of the day, the dog is still alive and the DA is probably not going to file charges on the guy.

The man-dude used perfectly logical arguments prior to running like a mad man.

HE called them for help on getting his dog out. They came and watched, and made sure no one tried to rescue the dog.

The cops watched the dog almost freeze to death, ok? Who in their right mind calls people to come watch their pet suffer. The cops were useless. The dude who rescued the dog was the only one who was needed in that entire video.

That man should be able to try and save the dog he obviously cares for, without some dicks coming out to stop him. It ain’t right that they have the ability to prevent someone from protecting something they love.

If my dog was in a freezing lake and suffering, you’re goddamn right no man – gun or not – is going to stop me from going to help him.

[quote]threewhitelights wrote:
Very few things make me as upset as it does to watch those cops tell him to stand away from the ice. If my dog was in freezing water, I would have no problem whatsoever causing a great deal of injury to whatever civil servant that tried to stand in my way.

I’m not anti-cop or anything, some of my best friends are law, but I wouldn’t have any problem hurting the dumbass that tried to stop me from going to my baby, badge or no badge.

On another note, white trash pretty much does sum up the rest of the family.[/quote]

lets see if the cops let him go into the water to try to save his dog and he drowns then the cops get blamed for allowing a man into a dangerous situation and the cops lose there jobs.

Heres another note for you if you don’t like taking orders from the cops then don’t call them.

[quote]Nyballer31 wrote:
threewhitelights wrote:
Very few things make me as upset as it does to watch those cops tell him to stand away from the ice. If my dog was in freezing water, I would have no problem whatsoever causing a great deal of injury to whatever civil servant that tried to stand in my way.

I’m not anti-cop or anything, some of my best friends are law, but I wouldn’t have any problem hurting the dumbass that tried to stop me from going to my baby, badge or no badge.

On another note, white trash pretty much does sum up the rest of the family.

lets see if the cops let him go into the water to try to save his dog and he drowns then the cops get blamed for allowing a man into a dangerous situation and the cops lose there jobs.

Heres another note for you if you don’t like taking orders from the cops then don’t call them.

[/quote]

If they aren’t gonna help anyone, then why are they pretending that that’s the reason they’re there?

Police motto: To Protect and to Serve

In this case, they PROTECTED the man from his own emotionally-driven actions (if he went in, he would probably have died sooner than the dog). Police often accompany (usually acting as first responders) such situations for the exact reason that man displayed.

How they SERVED the situation is questionable. I think the presence of the camera spurred on their reaction.

I think it’s a little sad when people think it’s OK for police to “SAVE” someone from themselves. So if I’m out snowboarding and tell everyone I’m gonna try a double backflip off a 60 foot jump, should someone call the cops and make them stop me? Hell I wouldn’t even be trying to save something in that scenario.

Look the cops should have shut the hell up and HELPED the guy try to save his dog. People are tougher than many of you seem to think as well. You got a good 20 minutes if you fall in, I watched survivorman do it. A Professional can go for an hour.

V

The right to life is the right to risk yours. If you buy into the government being able to save you from yourself you sign off on government interference with all aspects of your life. Diet, exercise, medication, supplements, could all be controlled by the government if you buy into that logic.

You want them to force you to do the “healthiest” thing? Tell you you can’t sky-dive, or ride motorcycles?

The government does not have the right to protect you from yourself. Things like seatbelt laws make me sick.

If the guy died trying to save his dog, I’m betting his trashy relatives would sue the police department… and would probably win.

[quote]Christine wrote:
If the guy died trying to save his dog, I’m betting his trashy relatives would sue the police department… and would probably win.
[/quote]

Further proof of a screwed up system.

[quote]threewhitelights wrote:

On another note, white trash pretty much does sum up the rest of the family.[/quote]

I’m with you on this one.

What I don’t understand is; the guy looked dry…

My question is why didn’t he try to go get the dog BEFORE the cops, fire dept. and news showed up? HE ALSO Waited 1/2hr+

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:
The right to life is the right to risk yours. If you buy into the government being able to save you from yourself you sign off on government interference with all aspects of your life. Diet, exercise, medication, supplements, could all be controlled by the government if you buy into that logic.

You want them to force you to do the “healthiest” thing? Tell you you can’t sky-dive, or ride motorcycles?

The government does not have the right to protect you from yourself. Things like seatbelt laws make me sick.[/quote]

That may be so, but who do you think pays for the clean-up of someone’s mess when they off themselves? As a tax payer, I’d rather pay for a police force NOW than the municipal clean-up later.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
DoubleDuce wrote:

The government does not have the right to protect you from yourself. Things like seatbelt laws make me sick.

That may be so, but who do you think pays for the clean-up of someone’s mess when they off themselves? As a tax payer, I’d rather pay for a police force NOW than the municipal clean-up later.

[/quote]

Which is once again a window the government can use to tell you to do whatever it wants. EX: powerlifting/bodybuilding is bad for your joints so they should outlaw it to save on health costs down the road.

If the guy fell in and died, I don’t think the government should fish him out. I wouldn’t see the point of investigating.

guy was an animal. There are protocols for entering a freezing lake, and the risk is greater then the poster above with his snowboard tricks. You want to handle it yourself, fine, don’t call the police. Had they let that guy jump in the lake, the peanut gallery would be saying the police should have stopped him. and bottom line, a dog is nothing but property, it’s not the same as a human being, as much as we love them.