Maltodextrin Question

Just got some maltodextrin for my peri-workout nutrition. Usually I use dextrose with whey before and after, but I thought I’d add some maltodextrin as well.

Now, the maltodextrin states:
…an easily digestible blend of complex carbohydrates from corn starch. Maltodextrin contains “glucose polymers”, linked sugar compounds that are easy for the body to assimilate and use. Glucose polymers are metabolized as a slow, steady rate that can help to sustain energy levels during endurance-oriented workouts and/or athletic events and support weight gain.

Is it the same maltodextrin as in Surge? 'Cause I remember reading that there’s different kinds of maltodextrin. Should I JUST use it pre-workout, or will it work well post-workout as well along with the dextrose?

[quote]azul wrote:
Just got some maltodextrin for my peri-workout nutrition. Usually I use dextrose with whey before and after, but I thought I’d add some maltodextrin as well.

Now, the maltodextrin states:
…an easily digestible blend of complex carbohydrates from corn starch. Maltodextrin contains “glucose polymers”, linked sugar compounds that are easy for the body to assimilate and use. Glucose polymers are metabolized as a slow, steady rate that can help to sustain energy levels during endurance-oriented workouts and/or athletic events and support weight gain.

Is it the same maltodextrin as in Surge? 'Cause I remember reading that there’s different kinds of maltodextrin. Should I JUST use it pre-workout, or will it work well post-workout as well along with the dextrose?[/quote]

Bump.

I’ve have read from JB that 50% dextrose and 50% maltodextrin is a good combo of the two.

[quote]Thai Fighter wrote:
I’ve have read from JB that 50% dextrose and 50% maltodextrin is a good combo of the two.[/quote]

That’s my understanding as well. As far as different types of malto, I’ve not heard that. I don’t know if I’d worry much about it though.