T Nation

Male Pubic Hair Loss

I have been noticing a loss of pubic hair. Is this a sign of to high estrogen? I am male and 41 years of age.

Women have high estrogens and lots of pubic hair.

We really need more info about your case. You other thread was a problem as well. Please post all lab data with ranges. Discuss symptoms and what drugs you have been taking, Rx and OTC.

See the advice for new guys sticky.

How old are you?

[quote]KSman wrote:
Women have high estrogens and lots of pubic hair.

We really need more info about your case. You other thread was a problem as well. Please post all lab data with ranges. Discuss symptoms and what drugs you have been taking, Rx and OTC.

See the advice for new guys sticky.

How old are you?[/quote]
I am male and 41 years of age. I am 182 cm and about 125 kg. I am on 125mg cypionate every week and have been for nearly a year. I am also on 100mg of amitryptiline. Before I started the cypionate my TT was 5.8, and 17.5 was the last TT reading I had in october last year. The only TSH reading I have is in june 2009 and it says 0.95 mU/L (0.3-5.0). This is my temperature A.M 36 degrees, P.M 36.9 degrees. I have bought Iodine and selenium but it could take a month untill it is arriving here. Symptoms are depression/anxiety and very tense muscles. Flexibility is bad and stretching excercises are ineffective. I have had deep tissue massages but they were inefective and the woman told me that she could not believe how tense I was. These trigger point muscle things did not work on me at all

Muscle cramps? That would suggest magnesium deficiency.

Your weight is very high. Could you also have iodine deficiency or hypothyroidism?

Toxins?
https://www.google.com/search?q=poisoning+tight+muscles&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

[quote]KSman wrote:
Muscle cramps? That would suggest magnesium deficiency.

Your weight is very high. Could you also have iodine deficiency or hypothyroidism?

Toxins?
https://www.google.com/search?q=poisoning+tight+muscles&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
[/quote]

Yes I have taken calcium and magnesium and it has made no difference to me in the past. Here is some more information from hair analysis…
In 1999 it did say Aluminum 24 (0-9) and 9 months later it said 40 ug/g (<7).I did a routine water analysis and the water was not high in aluminium so it is not that. It maybe external contamination rather than inside the body.

[quote]KSman wrote:

[/quote]
This is possible because of the low temperture. I had not noticed before but in those hair analysis things I did way back in 1999,2000 the first one says Iodine 2.97 (0.35-2.5). It says though that “Probability that reported element is falsely elevated due to external contamination”. The other hair test in 2000 says Iodine 5 (0.25-1.3). I was going to do another one of those hair tests a year or more ago but i changed my mind after what i read about them on the internet. I read that these hair tests are not accurate at all. So I am thinking that I don’t have high aluminium or high Iodine it is probably just because these hair tests are very dodgy. Are you in aggreement with me on this matter?

i noticed you’re on amitriptyline for depression. One of the side effects is extreme anger and can also affect your libido(sex life). I was on this years ago and i had those bad sides that i listed. Maybe you can ask Dr for another better anti depressant. it’s not a good drug to be on and chances are you’d better off on a newer drug that has less side effects.

[quote]bartonmlee wrote:
i noticed you’re on amitriptyline for depression. One of the side effects is extreme anger and can also affect your libido(sex life). I was on this years ago and i had those bad sides that i listed. Maybe you can ask Dr for another better anti depressant. it’s not a good drug to be on and chances are you’d better off on a newer drug that has less side effects.[/quote]
I do not have trouble with sides and have tried all the other antidepresants and find Amitrip the best one all around. It has a sedative effect so it can make you a bit sleepy at times. Testosterone injections have been a complete and utter failure with no increased energy. I feel nothing and would not even know that I am on these injections. I listened to all this stuff on the internat about how raising my testosterone level would cure my depression and I beleived it. I think I’ve been had.