Male Physique-Girls Want vs. What Men Want to be

[quote]roybot wrote:
I saw a TV segment on body image where they went to a school and tried to “de-sensitize” kids to unrealistic standards set by media and advertising, etc.

Part of it involved showing pudgy adolescent boys photos of ‘traditional’ male models (meaning muscular) and pics of the new breed of underfed emo clotheshorses…

The truly retarded part was that the kids were being led by the nose through a debate which put muscular builds in a negative light (comments were made on the personalities of each model based on their look: “you have to be really vain to work out that much”; “it’s unattainable”) and the skinny builds were promoted (“he looks far more down to earth”).

^ All that was to make the kids feel better about themselves. Which in and of itself is no bad thing, but these weren’t airbrushed like the rest of the photos they discussed.[/quote]

…which is just as bad as women creaming over a Brad Pitt photo but then claiming they want that on a guy who spends zero time maintaining it.

Somehow, society has gained the idea that anyone who would spend significant time in the gym is “self centered, vain, and possibly dumb”…all while glorifying some of the most shallow, vain and self centered celebrity images, including people who are famous just for existing.

I mean, why is anyone talking about the Hilton sisters?

Look, none of this is new to any of us. I bet most guys here have had issues with some past girlfriend we either directly dated or knew indirectly acting like time in the gym was unimportant and belonged to her.

All I have learned in life…is that women want EVERY FUCKING THING.

They want IT ALL…right the fuck now.

They want the guy with great looks, great personality, great bank account…who only has time for her, only thinks about her, only lives for her…who is funny and makes her friends jealous all at the same time…but who puts no effort into the gym because he must have all of this NATURALLY (whatever the fuck that means).

It is about as realistic as a guy saying, “I want a girl who looks like Beyonce…but I want her to look like that first thing in the morning with no makeup…and no watching what she eats…and no air brushing!”

It’s bullshit nonsense for any guy on the planet to live his life concerned about what unrealistic people want from them.

Be your fucking self.

If you are a gym rat, be that. Any ho who can’t grasp that can move on.

Any dude still worried about what all women want is likely too inexperienced to realize they don’t even know what they want…so the best way to be happy, is to find out who you are…love that person, find out all of the strengths of that person and all of the weaknesses…and work on improving those… and tell everyone else to eat a dick if they don’t like it.

Who cares what the average woman wants if they don’t even know?

Dated ~ 20 women since February 2009.

My anecdotal findings: After about 5 minutes, looks don’t matter, as long as you look decent, have good hygiene and don’t dress like a vagabond.

Things I’ve heard:

“You’re not my usual type.”

“At first I wasn’t physically attracted to you.”

…“At first I thought your arms were too big, but now I like them.”

and so on and so on.

What changes? Basically women evaluate men’s mating value on more factors than just looks. They’re programmed to ensure survival of their genes at all cost - so confidence & status over-ride looks.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:
I saw a TV segment on body image where they went to a school and tried to “de-sensitize” kids to unrealistic standards set by media and advertising, etc.

Part of it involved showing pudgy adolescent boys photos of ‘traditional’ male models (meaning muscular) and pics of the new breed of underfed emo clotheshorses…

The truly retarded part was that the kids were being led by the nose through a debate which put muscular builds in a negative light (comments were made on the personalities of each model based on their look: “you have to be really vain to work out that much”; “it’s unattainable”) and the skinny builds were promoted (“he looks far more down to earth”).

^ All that was to make the kids feel better about themselves. Which in and of itself is no bad thing, but these weren’t airbrushed like the rest of the photos they discussed.[/quote]

…which is just as bad as women creaming over a Brad Pitt photo but then claiming they want that on a guy who spends zero time maintaining it.

Somehow, society has gained the idea that anyone who would spend significant time in the gym is “self centered, vain, and possibly dumb”…all while glorifying some of the most shallow, vain and self centered celebrity images, including people who are famous just for existing.

Look, none of this is new to any of us. I bet most guys here have had issues with some past girlfriend we either directly dated or knew indirectly acting like time in the gym was unimportant and belonged to her.

They want the guy with great looks, great personality, great bank account…who only has time for her, only thinks about her, only lives for her…who is funny and makes her friends jealous all at the same time…but who puts no effort into the gym because he must have all of this NATURALLY (whatever the fuck that means).

It is about as realistic as a guy saying, “I want a girl who looks like Beyonce…but I want her to look like that first thing in the morning with no makeup…and no watching what she eats…and no air brushing!”

It’s bullshit nonsense for any guy on the planet to live his life concerned about what unrealistic people want from them.

Be your fucking self.

Any dude still worried about what all women want is likely too inexperienced to realize they don’t know even know what they want…so the best way to be happy, is to find out who you are…love that person, find out all of the strengths of that person and all of the weaknesses…and work on improving those… and tell everyone else to eat a dick if they don’t like it.

Who cares what the average woman wants if they don’t even know?[/quote]

Alls I know is two things.

-I’m gaining weight because I want to be big and strong, not because of how I want to look for women.

-Despite that, I am getting way more attention from them at 225 than I was at 180 (6’3").

Women (or teenie girls or whoever was in the study) can say whatever they want but actions speak louder than words.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
What’s interesting in that blog is that “the girls” was the only reference I could find as to who was polled.

For all we know Senor Foxhound could’ve surveyed the girls at Piedmont Middle School in Charlotte, North Carolina and that’s it. Unless I’m missing something there?

Maybe it’s just the girls that responded to a poll on that website? And if so, WTF is the website all about and what type “girls” are regular subscribers? I have my own opinions on the answer to that question based on the douchey looking head honchos (above) and the sappy bullshit on their “About” page: The Art of Bulking Up — Foxhound Studio

In other words consider the source.[/quote]

They are Canadians, wait till Edgy hears about this.

Also my God those are the two most unmanly MF’s I have seen in a while.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:
What’s interesting in that blog is that “the girls” was the only reference I could find as to who was polled.

For all we know Senor Foxhound could’ve surveyed the girls at Piedmont Middle School in Charlotte, North Carolina and that’s it. Unless I’m missing something there?

Maybe it’s just the girls that responded to a poll on that website? And if so, WTF is the website all about and what type “girls” are regular subscribers? I have my own opinions on the answer to that question based on the douchey looking head honchos (above) and the sappy bullshit on their “About” page: The Art of Bulking Up — Foxhound Studio

In other words consider the source.[/quote]

They are Canadians, wait till Edgy hears about this.

Also my God those are the two most unmanly MF’s I have seen in a while. [/quote]

The one on the left is a girl, no?

[quote]John Romaniello wrote:
Interesting.

I actually have an article upcoming on T-Nation about exactly this.

Gives some guidelines.

I’m curious to see the reactions, now.[/quote]

#1 see picture
#2 see #1
#3 #1 is filled with $
#4 doesnt smell like cheese

Women’s taste for men’s body can vary slightly due to where they are in the menstruation cycle. If they are ovulating then there’s a good chance that they prefer the more muscular look :

One thing I find interesting in this article that I have a personal experience with is how women find men who were overly obsessed with their bodies and diet - people who eat cooked chicken breasts, egg whites, and broccoli all day just to maintain chiseled abs a little bit of a turn off.

A few years ago I was one of those guys…maintained a 4 percent body fat all year round and was OCD with my diet and training. I even proudly bragged to women about my diet when we go out to eat (I never eat with them LOL) , and expressed my obsession with weight training with great enthusiasm…thinking that they would dig that. I was 23 years old and had NEVER had a sip of alcohol because I was afraid that it would make me fat and weak. I was suffering psychologically due to the amount of mental effort that I was putting into this thing, but my body looked great (at least from my perspective lol). I was also depressed because I was doing all those things to perfect my physique, but I wasn’t getting any attention from the girls and didn’t get laid for 2 years.

Over the last year and half, I “let go” (and most people who watch my videos thought I completely stopped lifting).

I still trained and had a fit body by most standard (but was nowhere near “aesthetic” like ZYZZ), and didn’t care very much about bf % or PRs. I drank moderately once or twice a week, partied on occasions, and ate whatever I wanted.

I lost my 4 percent physique. My abs blurred, and I could no longer jump 40 inches on a stand-still. I stopped wearing beaters to impress when I go out, almost never mention the fact that I work out. Basically I acted like I didn’t care too much about my body while still maintaining a respectful, natural looking body (about 10 percent bf @ 165 lbs).

And guess what? I had sex with over 130 girls in just over a year. Why? I was happy, confident, and MENTALLY much healthier than I was when I was OCDing about everything from the number of fish oil I took in the morning to a lack of 2.5 pound PR on a squat workout.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Interesting.

Gives some guidelines.

#1 see picture
#2 see #1
#3 #1 is filled with $
#4 doesnt smell like cheese[/quote]

lulz @ showing off a wallet full of $1 bills

[quote]scj119 wrote:

-I’m gaining weight because I want to be big and strong, not because of how I want to look for women.

-Despite that, I am getting way more attention from them at 225 than I was at 180 (6’3").

Women (or teenie girls or whoever was in the study) can say whatever they want but actions speak louder than words.[/quote]

Damn dude. You are looking awesome :wink:

Push brought up who the polled subjects were. What about the effect the person who is taking the poll might have on the responses? While it doesn’t necessarily directly relate to this article, I was thinking about Nate green’s blog post from a few years back about what women want.

Perhaps something like back or shoulders aren’t always the first things that come to mind for a woman, but when you see a guy who has it, you realize he looks damn fine.

[quote]scj119 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Interesting.

Gives some guidelines.

#1 see picture
#2 see #1
#3 #1 is filled with $
#4 doesnt smell like cheese[/quote]

lulz @ showing off a wallet full of $1 bills[/quote]

Dude strip club.

Most average women are hideous. I don’t care what they want.

Most hot chicks like dudes who are strong and in shape.

“If we filter the data by girls that self-identify as athletes, Brad Pitt drops to 53.8%, the heavyweight jumps to 31%, and Frank Zane the bodybuilder jumps to 15%.”

I want those “athlete” chicks, not the slovenly animals ambling around day to day that I see. So I guess that means I have to keep lifting…

[quote]digitalairair wrote:
Women’s taste for men’s body can vary slightly due to where they are in the menstruation cycle. If they are ovulating then there’s a good chance that they prefer the more muscular look :

One thing I find interesting in this article that I have a personal experience with is how women find men who were overly obsessed with their bodies and diet - people who eat cooked chicken breasts, egg whites, and broccoli all day just to maintain chiseled abs a little bit of a turn off.

A few years ago I was one of those guys…maintained a 4 percent body fat all year round and was OCD with my diet and training. I even proudly bragged to women about my diet when we go out to eat (I never eat with them LOL) , and expressed my obsession with weight training with great enthusiasm…thinking that they would dig that. I was 23 years old and had NEVER had a sip of alcohol because I was afraid that it would make me fat and weak. I was suffering psychologically due to the amount of mental effort that I was putting into this thing, but my body looked great (at least from my perspective lol). I was also depressed because I was doing all those things to perfect my physique, but I wasn’t getting any attention from the girls and didn’t get laid for 2 years.

Over the last year and half, I “let go” (and most people who watch my videos thought I completely stopped lifting).

I still trained and had a fit body by most standard (but was nowhere near “aesthetic” like ZYZZ), and didn’t care very much about bf % or PRs. I drank moderately once or twice a week, partied on occasions, and ate whatever I wanted.

I lost my 4 percent physique. My abs blurred, and I could no longer jump 40 inches on a stand-still. I stopped wearing beaters to impress when I go out, almost never mention the fact that I work out. Basically I acted like I didn’t care too much about my body while still maintaining a respectful, natural looking body (about 10 percent bf @ 165 lbs).

And guess what? I had sex with over 130 girls in just over a year. Why? I was happy, confident, and MENTALLY much healthier than I was when I was OCDing about everything from the number of fish oil I took in the morning to a lack of 2.5 pound PR on a squat workout.

[/quote]

The issue wasn’t your physique but your attitude, so it had nothing to do with how you looked, You were coming across as the arrogant prick that people stereotype bodybuilders and athletes as.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:
Most average women are hideous. I don’t care what they want.

Most hot chicks like dudes who are strong and in shape.

[/quote]

^this

[quote]roybot wrote:

Be your fucking self.

Any dude still worried about what all women want is likely too inexperienced to realize they don’t even know what they want…so the best way to be happy, is to find out who you are…love that person, find out all of the strengths of that person and all of the weaknesses…and work on improving those… and tell everyone else to eat a dick if they don’t like it.

This should have ended the thread. And why do we have threads like this on here on a recurring basis, anyway?

[quote]lewhitehurst wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

Be your fucking self.

This should have ended the thread. And why do we have threads like this on here on a recurring basis, anyway?
[/quote]

Sadly Lew the search function is just to damn difficult.

In three months you will see another thread like this.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]lewhitehurst wrote:

[quote]roybot wrote:

Be your fucking self.

[/quote]

Sadly Lew the search function is just to damn difficult.

In three months you will see another thread like this.

[/quote]

LOL. Probably 3 weeks, actually.

[quote]SmilingPolitely wrote:

[quote]scj119 wrote:

Women (or teenie girls or whoever was in the study) can say whatever they want but actions speak louder than words.[/quote]

Damn dude. You are looking awesome :wink:

Push brought up who the polled subjects were. What about the effect the person who is taking the poll might have on the responses? While it doesn’t necessarily directly relate to this article, I was thinking about Nate green’s blog post from a few years back about what women want.

Perhaps something like back or shoulders aren’t always the first things that come to mind for a woman, but when you see a guy who has it, you realize he looks damn fine.

- YouTube [/quote]

Thanks!

I had a post that got deleted about this - if you notice in the article, it says that when they narrow it to girls who “consider themselves athletic”, Zane went up to 15%. I bet if you further modified it to “girls all of us consider fit/athletic”, Zane would go up psat 30%. If we got even more selective… you get the point.

In other words, girls who are actually desirable may have different tastes.

My own personal experience;
Last offseason I bulked and I went from 200 lbs to 230 lbs plus. I was breaking my PRs in all of my lifts and eating like a mofo monster. Anyway, I thought at that time that girls didnt care for the stronger than average physiques, and I didnt care.

However, every time I went out to the clubs/bars, I was swamped by the bitches, which usually doesnt happen. So this proves girls are whacked and have NFI.

tweet