Malaysian Flight, Crashed Plane?

You guys here about this? I flew today to California so this is scary.

Here’s the link.

Very sad.

Also very scary. I have flown intracontinent in Asia and Africa many times. Not that it couldn’t happen anywhere.

[quote]smh_23 wrote:
Very sad.

Also very scary. I have flown intracontinent in Asia and Africa many times. Not that it couldn’t happen anywhere.[/quote]

Even though statistically I know the risks are very low flying still freaks me out to an extent. Obviously I should be more scared driving, but it is that illusion of being in control.

Apparently they have discovered two oil slicks consistent with a plane crash. I’ve also seen reports that there were no distress calls or any other indications that something was going, or about to go, horribly wrong. It’s not sounding good.

Prayers for those who are waiting to know the fates of friends and loved ones. What a miserable feeling not knowing for sure must be.

Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet.

The passport situation adds another level of mystery, unfortunately.

I was sitting in the airport last night, about to put my 14 yr old on a flight to Indiana while watching this on CNN. Thankfully, he was distracted and never noticed the news.

Yeah, the passports are really strange Sloth. Thanks for finding that

This stuff freaks me out, I hate the feeling of a total lack of control when flying.

I’m flying from the UK to Australia in a couple of weeks, not particularly looking forward to the journey lol, though it’ll be great to be there.

My prayers go out to those involved and their families.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]smh_23 wrote:
Very sad.

Also very scary. I have flown intracontinent in Asia and Africa many times. Not that it couldn’t happen anywhere.[/quote]

I may fly to Africa this year. Will hit you up for advice if so.[/quote]

Will be happy to offer what I can, my friend.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]smh_23 wrote:
Very sad.

Even though statistically I know the risks are very low flying still freaks me out to an extent. Obviously I should be more scared driving, but it is that illusion of being in control. [/quote]

Yeah, control is the big thing.

For me, I have absolutely not a care a world when I fly alone. In fact I enjoy it. But when I’m flying with someone–family or girlfriend–it’s a different story. The thought of sitting next to someone you love, looking at each other, knowing the ground or sea is approaching very quickly–it’s really something.

[quote]H factor wrote:

[quote]smh_23 wrote:
Very sad.

Even though statistically I know the risks are very low flying still freaks me out to an extent. Obviously I should be more scared driving, but it is that illusion of being in control. [/quote]

I’m the same way. The difference for me is that a car accident would be happen in a few seconds and I probably wouldn’t realize my ticket had been punched. In a plane crash you might be all too aware of your demise for a few minutes. To me, that is far worse.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]smh_23 wrote:
Very sad.

What are you going to be doing in Africa push?

[quote]H factor wrote:
Obviously I should be more scared driving, but it is that illusion of being in control. [/quote]

how else can YOU drive your vehicle from point A.)starting locations to point B.) your chosen destination, without you being in control?

where’s the illusion?

[quote]conservativedog wrote:

[quote]H factor wrote:
Obviously I should be more scared driving, but it is that illusion of being in control. [/quote]

how else can YOU drive your vehicle from point A.)starting locations to point B.) your chosen destination, without you being in control?

where’s the illusion?

[/quote]

I’m evidently not H factor, but when I go driving there’re hundreds of other people who’re driving near me and can cause me to have a very bad day. I might have control over what my car is doing (and not even always then) but my control over those people and their actions is pretty limited.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]Aragorn wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]smh_23 wrote:
Very sad.

What are you going to be doing in Africa push?[/quote]

I don’t know. First thought is to just go straight to South Africa and dilly dally there for a few days. There is a direct flight to and from Atlanta on Delta. I may just do that and keep it simple and keep the flight time and connecting flights to a minimum.

Wanna go with me?
[/quote]

South Africa is a great choice. It’s also the African country I know best, along with Ghana.