Malaysian Airlines Flight 370

Is anyone else following this? Until today, it seemed like a fairly standard story - a jet disappears, the investigation begins, the media goes wild with unwarranted speculation over things that turn out to be insignificant - but today we got a new twist, making this possibly the strangest air crash investigation ever. Until today, we had been told that the plane had lost contact at 1:30 am; now the military says that they tracked the plane from this time, flying in an entirely different direction, until 2:40, but under the altitude for normal radar. Also, the transponder seems to have gone off at the time of the direction change. This is crazy stuff.

I see two main scenarios:
(1) terrorists, or a rogue pilot, got control of the plane, turned off the transponder, and flew it somewhere else, perhaps crashing, perhaps landing at some makeshift airstrip.
(2) the plane suffered a massive mechanical/electrical failure at 1:30 am, and the fact that the transponder went off was part of this; the fact that it flew on after this at a lower altitude is just coincidence. Perhaps the pilots got control of the plane, but it had turned considerably by the time they did so. If the cabin was losing pressure from this point, and they didn’t realise it (because of failing systems), everyone on board could have fallen asleep (and died), resulting in a ghost flight like Helios 522 - and the plane had enough fuel left to go for something like seven hours!

Also, it may yet turn out that the air force is wrong about the post-1:30 flight of the plane, and that it will be found in the area that has been searched from the start. Taking this long to find a crashed plane is far from impossible. If the air force is right, though, we may never know what happened - the flight data recorder only preserves the last 30 minutes. Also sounds like the Malaysians are doing a crappy job of managing the information that comes out.

Will be interesting to see where this goes. Months are likely to pass before we have any real idea; could be years.

Aliens man, aliens.

I feel sorry for the people that have been affected by this. I would think with the way our technology is today, we wouldn’t have this much difficulty locating a jumbo jet. I don’t really believe it’s aliens, it’s just a long time to me with no answers.

I don’t think terorists are into crashing planes in the middle of the ocean for nothing.

How do our satellites not catch this one?

It’s Malaysia… don’t expect any real information from the officials. There was probably some embarrassing fuckup somewhere.

While the circumstances are incredibly tragic, I am happy this story is getting global media attention because a lot of Americans are learning about a new foreign “nation” called Malaysia.

Saw this somewhere
Less than one week after Obama threatens
Russia with economic sanctions, and only three
days after China swears alliance with Russia, a
Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 goes down over
Chinese controlled waters. Shades of TWA Flight
800: we’ll probably never know the real cause of
this tragedy.

But, if history is any guide (and, if recent UAW/
Democrat slander campaigns against Toyota
products in America are any indication), we can
be sure that Boeing’s competitors and
America’s “trading partners” in Europe will
employ the tragedy as a ‘back-door’ way of
“sanctioning” America’s economy.

Could this latest jet crash be the pretext for a
renewed slander of Boeing with the aim being
to ‘goose’ Airbus’ sales, and the EU’s bottom-
line, by a resurgent Sino-Russian alliance?
I’ll leave aside for now the fact that the Euro’s
enjoy complete deniability in this case (a trait
that should trigger alarms in every American’s
head). But, additional context, like a month-old
AP story about the 777’s wing “cracks,” add
spice to the sauce.

Furthermore, Russia and the
EU are flirting with a larger alliance, and Europe
is fearful of an American pivot towards Asia.
But, further supporting my fears, is the fact that
Airbus, a collusive, pan European corporation
dependent on EU corporatism and government
favor for its sales, is Boeing’s main competitor
in Asian markets.

Added jolt comes from this: The international
Left needs a galvanizing event that will change
the game for it. They are still stinging from the
stunning defeat for the UAW in a Carolina VW
plant, America’s Left’s failure at enrolling
American citizens in their nationalized medical
schemes, and Boeing’s expansion into “right-to-
work” states. This highlights the traitors within,
too, as, if we are to take De Blasio’s election as
an indication, there is a rabid, domestic
constituency for busting Boeing’s
manufacturing and marketing strategy at home
as well as abroad.

This latest loss of a Malaysia Airways Boeing
777 is mighty fishy. And, viewed within the
context of Putin’s threat that Obama’s sanctions
would “boomerang” back on American
manufacturers, the deliberate explosion of one
of America’s main export company’s products in
a region located outside the domain of
independent American crash inspectors is not
just possible, it’s down-right likely.

Odd that a plane with so many redundant systems in place would have a sudden catastrophic electric malfunction. The plane is not old by aviation standards and seemingly was well maintained. I heard someone on CNN last night talking about how the plane may turn itself around in the event of such an electrical failure… but I don’t buy it. I think at some point the pilots would get an emergency message off.

As in the above post, the plane was over Chinese waters and this is a hot spot right now, plus making one of our US institutions look bad is an interesting angle.

Rob

[quote]Gettnitdone wrote:
While the circumstances are incredibly tragic, I am happy this story is getting global media attention because a lot of Americans are learning about a new foreign “nation” called Malaysia. [/quote]
http://youtu.be/gx9O6q0pDAU

We know

[quote]Nards wrote:
I don’t think terorists are into crashing planes in the middle of the ocean for nothing.[/quote]

http://edition.cnn.com/2002/US/03/21/ntsb.egypt.air/index.html

I remember when this one happened, either pilot suicide or something else.

[quote]stevekweli wrote:
Saw this somewhere
Less than one week after Obama threatens
Russia with economic sanctions, and only three
days after China swears alliance with Russia, a
Malaysian Airlines Boeing 777 goes down over
Chinese controlled waters. Shades of TWA Flight
800: we’ll probably never know the real cause of
this tragedy.

But, if history is any guide (and, if recent UAW/
Democrat slander campaigns against Toyota
products in America are any indication), we can
be sure that Boeing’s competitors and
America’s “trading partners” in Europe will
employ the tragedy as a ‘back-door’ way of
“sanctioning” America’s economy.

Could this latest jet crash be the pretext for a
renewed slander of Boeing with the aim being
to ‘goose’ Airbus’ sales, and the EU’s bottom-
line, by a resurgent Sino-Russian alliance?
I’ll leave aside for now the fact that the Euro’s
enjoy complete deniability in this case (a trait
that should trigger alarms in every American’s
head). But, additional context, like a month-old
AP story about the 777’s wing “cracks,” add
spice to the sauce.

Furthermore, Russia and the
EU are flirting with a larger alliance, and Europe
is fearful of an American pivot towards Asia.
But, further supporting my fears, is the fact that
Airbus, a collusive, pan European corporation
dependent on EU corporatism and government
favor for its sales, is Boeing’s main competitor
in Asian markets.

Added jolt comes from this: The international
Left needs a galvanizing event that will change
the game for it. They are still stinging from the
stunning defeat for the UAW in a Carolina VW
plant, America’s Left’s failure at enrolling
American citizens in their nationalized medical
schemes, and Boeing’s expansion into “right-to-
work” states. This highlights the traitors within,
too, as, if we are to take De Blasio’s election as
an indication, there is a rabid, domestic
constituency for busting Boeing’s
manufacturing and marketing strategy at home
as well as abroad.

This latest loss of a Malaysia Airways Boeing
777 is mighty fishy. And, viewed within the
context of Putin’s threat that Obama’s sanctions
would “boomerang” back on American
manufacturers, the deliberate explosion of one
of America’s main export company’s products in
a region located outside the domain of
independent American crash inspectors is not
just possible, it’s down-right likely.
[/quote]

very interesting. I like that angle. Source?

Read a couple of days ago that two parallel oil slicks over 2 miles long (that would be consistent with a crash like that) were spotted in the ocean. Maybe shit just went bad. Like the conspiracy angle better. Any updates?

While the circumstances are incredibly tragic, I am happy this story is getting global media attention because a lot of Americans are learning about a new foreign “nation” called Malaysia. [/quote]
Where do you get this idea that Americans are dumb or ignorant about the world? A lot of people here knew about Malaysia.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

Where do you get this idea that Americans are dumb or ignorant about the world? A lot of people here knew about Malaysia.[/quote]

It’s true.

In fact, the name Malaysia comes from the original Roman settlers of the island. “Mal”, in Latin, meaning bad, and “aysia” meaning Asia.

Hence, bad Asia.

[quote]Totenkopf wrote:

Where do you get this idea that Americans are dumb or ignorant about the world? A lot of people here knew about Malaysia.[/quote]
He is a Kiwi, ignore him T

It’s an interesting story. Apparently Chinese officials are getting on Malaysia now about finding out what happened. I guess at least half the passengers were Chinese.

Also, I feel like the guys that boarded the plane with stolen passports didn’t have anything to do with it. It sounded like they were using the passports to seek asylum from Iran.

I’m not sure if there are any Stephen King fans here, but this makes me think of his short story the Langoliers. Or perhaps Lost.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

We know[/quote]
I invented the piano key necktie!!

Wormhole or mass alien aduction