Making Weight

I have 3 months to get down to 198. Currently at 218. But im aiming for around 194.I have a meet coming up and i want to lose as little strength as possible. What have you guys done for this?

Im eating anywhere from 3800 to 4000 calories a day. I dont know ive just been stuffing my face maybe more maybe less…

HIIT… that’s gonna melt some fat fast. Hill sprints, shit load of burpees

[quote]superboogie44 wrote:
HIIT… that’s gonna melt some fat fast. Hill sprints, shit load of burpees[/quote]

Nothing is gonna kill your strength faster than adding a lot of cardio and burpees.

Simply not true I maintain the same level of strength and in the summer or school year I would bike to school play sports and keep lifts in maintenance mode. To get stronger it’s harder but your body adapts to the volume you throw at it.

It won’t zap your strength overnight lol, I would say eat cleaner and throw in intense conditioning avoid crap foods, I assume you can cut 10 pounds of water weight easily before the comp its really loosing ten pounds of fat in this many months which is do able, i would look at thibs articles, or anyone else who has posted on the topic.

If I was in this position I would do 3 or 4 strength days and 1 or 2 conditioning days were you go balls to the walls.

Thanks guys I already do 5 strength training days. Alot of what i gained is muscle upper back shoulders and alot in the legs. Im gonna eat clean and start super setting a ton of stuff

Why do you NEED to get to 198?

Why not just keep getting stronger and kill it at the meet?

[quote]Rock978 wrote:
Why do you NEED to get to 198?

Why not just keep getting stronger and kill it at the meet? [/quote]

^^^this
but 218 to 198 will be easy, just clean up your diet and scale portions. 10lbs can be lost from water weight overnight relatively easily and safely. I went from 186lbs on monday, drank a shit ton of water, stopped eating excessively and ate clean, and was 181lbs thursday. Thursday I ate no carbs after breakfast and had one water bottle the whole day. Weighed in friday 10am at 174.4lbs. Complete overkill as I didn’t want to get down that much, but atleast I know now what to do and it will help me in the future. It’s a learning experience just like everything else.

I agree with focusing more on diet than trying to cardio cut for a meet. I was able to cut from 202 down to 180 with no added cardio simply by replacing my sugars, starches and grains with veggies and eating more meat. I was able to gain strength this way rather than maintain or lose it.

[quote]superboogie44 wrote:
HIIT… that’s gonna melt some fat fast. Hill sprints, shit load of burpees[/quote]

Or, instead of just focusing on getting stronger, I suppose you could go join superboogie at CrossFit and watch your strength melt fast.