T Nation

Making Weight and Getting Lean

Height: 5'8"
Weight: 191 lbs (fluctuates +/- 2 lbs)
Need to be at: 181 lbs
Bodyfat % - 9.7% (caliper tested)

Programming
Westside - 4 days a week, 2 ME days, 2 DE days.
Cardio - 60 mins fasted - walking on a treadmill on an incline - heart rate between 115-120

Nutrition
Intermittent fasting - eating 1-10 (9/15) - can't really go 8/16 due to having to workout so late and I'd like to get PWO nutrition in.

Meals -
1st - 12 omega 3 eggs + 1/4 cup mexican cheese - 79g Protein, 59 grams fat
2nd - Protein Shake - 54g protein, 4g fat, 6g carbs, 2 xtreme fiber tortillas + 4 tbsp natty peanut butter - 32g protein, 37g fat, 16g carbs
Pre workout - Cellucor M5 - 12g carbs
Peri Workout - Protein Shake - 54g protein, 4g fat, 6g carbs
Post Workout - Protein Shake - 54g protein, 4g fat, 6g carbs
3rd - 2 cheeseburgers no buns 93/7 beef - 2 pieces colby jack cheese - wing sauce (calorie free) - 108g protein, 56g fat

Totals -
381g protein
160g fat
40g carbs
3124 calories

Notes - one less protein shake on non lifting days

Thoughts - Well as I put this thread together it looks like my calories are a bit high, I originally put them in the 2600-2800 range. Time to cut things down. Question is where to cut them. I'd say protein could probably be lower, maybe carbs a bit. Any thoughts/suggestions on where to go from here? Looking to get to about 8% while maintaining strength as best as possible so I'd like to minimize workout nutrition protocols. I suppose I could either cut the tortilla/peanut butter out though I do think the fiber is beneficial or I could cut back on the eggs or beef. Again any thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated.

Lastly I have one carb up a week - high carb, moderate protein, low fat.

Also my weigh in is 24 hours beforehand so I've got some time to manipulate water. Any suggestions on water manipulation protocols? I read into skiploading a bit and would prefer to avoid diuretics.

I don't know if you want to cut slowly up to ur thing, or pull a fast one the night before but here you go anyway:

Assuming your weigh in is in the morning you could....

eat lunch day before, stop after that
spit in a bucket
sweat
take a dump
puke before bed
wake up
take another dump

Ta Da

I don't know if this is the kind of cutting you want to do cuz you will feel like shit. But you will for sure lose the weight

If ur just looking for ways to cut your diet back, I'd say cut the cheese off the burgers and remove the peri workout shake

You're in water-manipulation range.

Liquid, here is Matt Kroc's article on water manipulation, read it and apply it and you'll be fine.

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/cut_max_weight_for_comp.htm

hey LM are you doing that 60 minitues FMC every day?

I'll second what the other guys are saying about water manipulation. You probably dont need to loose much (if any) fat to be able to get under 181 for your meet.

Is this your first meet?

@gregron - 60 mins FMC 4-5 times a week.

@burt128 - yes this is my first meet.