Making Veggies Taste Good?

I usually force myself to eat some veggies each day because there nutritional profiles are excellent. If I could find a way to make veggies taste better, I certainly think I would be eating them more. How do you guys make your veggies taste good?

How many types of veggies have you tried, and how have you prepared them?

I have found that for the most part, I do not like cooked vegetables. Keep them raw, and there are many times the types that I like.

I have found that adding some sort of oil or dressing sometimes helps, turning the vegetable into a salad with some olive oil and vinegar for example.

Add some spices and get used to the natural taste of veggies. If you stop eating “normal” food during a certain time you’ll find yourself enjoying what you’re eating a lot more. I can’t really stand “junk” food anymore. It’s been one of the side-effects of the velocity diet too.

is there a way to make frozen broccoli palatable? I have tried butter, but it just don’t help.

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
is there a way to make frozen broccoli palatable? I have tried butter, but it just don’t help.[/quote]

Cook it.

No seriously invest in a steamer.

Steamed veggies drizzled with a good olive oil is the best.

i second that.try garlic or chile flavored flax/olive oil.

[quote]The Mage wrote:
How many types of veggies have you tried, and how have you prepared them?

I have found that for the most part, I do not like cooked vegetables. Keep them raw, and there are many times the types that I like.

I have found that adding some sort of oil or dressing sometimes helps, turning the vegetable into a salad with some olive oil and vinegar for example.
[/quote]

See, I’m the opposite. Raw vegetables are like chewing on leather to me. I cook any and all vegetables that I can. Grilling vegetables is an often over-looked but very effective way to cook them. Marinate some vehetables with olive oil and throw them on the grill for a few minutes.