Making the Transition to Powerlifting

[quote]thereals10 wrote:
I have a little experience both with 5/3/1 and WS4SB and am confident I can make gains on either.[/quote]

Just a little idea, but if you liked both those program, DeFranco likes to use his WS4SB template, and just use 5/3/1 reps,sets, and percentages for the main ME effort days, so you coual always give that a go.

You know, you could just do your warmup sets with DE in mind, but that would be too simple…

[quote]Kakarat wrote:
You know, you could just do your warmup sets with DE in mind, but that would be too simple… [/quote]

Every set on ME days should be done explosively anyway.

[quote]Spidey22 wrote:

[quote]thereals10 wrote:
I have a little experience both with 5/3/1 and WS4SB and am confident I can make gains on either.[/quote]

Just a little idea, but if you liked both those program, DeFranco likes to use his WS4SB template, and just use 5/3/1 reps,sets, and percentages for the main ME effort days, so you coual always give that a go. [/quote]

Never thought of it like that before that sounds interesting as well thanks!

Really appreciating everyone’s input! If anyone would like to share results they’ve had that’d be awesome! Just would like some real examples of successes/failures with these particular programs/methods.

Everything works for a short time and nothing works forever. The key is a program that can adapt to you based on whatever you need. That is the only correct thing to do… whatever it fucking takes. So, when that is in place, it needs to be done everyday for 10 years.

I can guarantee doing any program for 10 straight years will get you stronger.

[quote]halcj wrote:
“but a fast person has the ability to get strong”

This is where I lose his (Louie’s) chain of thought. Strength rules speed, not the other way round. If one gets faster, he is fulfilling more of his potential for speed at his current level of strength. If he gets stronger, he raises the ceiling of speed potential. Speed is rarely the limiting component in a powerlifter’s performance. (?)
Still, the method obviously works, and Louie has a lot of knowledge on many aspects of strength training - definitely keep reading!
If WS4SB and 5/3/1 appeal to you, pick one and stick with it. Either should get good results.
Good luck, sorry for the half-rant.[/quote]

Louie Simmons is famous for not making much sense. There’s a reason you don’t see his name on very many articles. There are others who can explain Westside/conjugate methodologies much better than he.