T Nation

Making the Most Out Of Growing

Another question for you guys, I’m good at these :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m 18 right now and I’m 5’6", Apparently you get another growth spurt at 18 until you are 21.

Anyone got any good ideas for maximizing growth? diet tips / weight training etc?

Eat well. Sleep well. Then, dont count on anything. I was 5’6" at 18. Right now, at almost 25, I stand here at a whopping 5’6". Life does that sometimes, what are ya gunna do?

Keep lifting hard and become 5 feet wide. Then invest in heavier duty stepstools to pull your Surge off the top shelf. :slight_smile:

Kubo

[quote]MikeKubo wrote:
Eat well. Sleep well. Then, dont count on anything. I was 5’6" at 18. Right now, at almost 25, I stand here at a whopping 5’6". Life does that sometimes, what are ya gunna do?

Keep lifting hard and become 5 feet wide. Then invest in heavier duty stepstools to pull your Surge off the top shelf. :slight_smile:

Kubo[/quote]

Im with Kubo on that one, i must have overslept and missed my second growth spurt.

[quote]MikeKubo wrote:

Kubo[/quote]

Yup great advice not much anyone can add. Just dont stress over it, work with what you got bro and see what happens.

Phill

F’ it i’m going to get some HGH!

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
F’ it i’m going to get some HGH![/quote]

How, pray tell, did we get from your original post to this?

I think the growth spurt at 18 refers to when you actually turn into a “man”, including weight gain and a larger frame.

[quote]Goodfellow wrote:
Another question for you guys, I’m good at these :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m 18 right now and I’m 5’6", Apparently you get another growth spurt at 18 until you are 21.

Anyone got any good ideas for maximizing growth? diet tips / weight training etc?[/quote]

Looks like me and you are in the same boat podnuh.
I’m 18 also and stand at a whopping 5’8. Havent grew in forever it seems like.
I DONT EVEN HAVE FACIAL HAIR YET!
I think im a late bloomer (hopefully)

most guys reach their maximum adult height by the age of 17.

Guys don’t stop growing until they are about 22 or 23, but the growth that takes place in these years is more subtle physiological changes, growing into your ‘man body’. The length of your bones is unlikely to change much at all.

I’d advise getting comfortable with your height now and if you happen to grow another inch or two, then great, but don’t count on it.

You are pretty much fucked if you want to grow any more.

I’m either 5’7 or 5’8 not really sure and most of the people I hang out with are over 6’. It doesn’t bother me and it shouldn’t bother you.

Hit the gym, look like a brick, and no one will fuck with you, if that’s what you are scared of.

One last note don’t go around trying to prove you can do anything a tall person can do, that screams “little man syndrome”.

Agree with the guy that said a Napoleon complex isn’t a good thing most of the time. But hey, there’s hope, Brian Urlacher was a 5’7’’ 160 pound wide receiver entering his senior year of college, guy must be 6’4’’ 250 now. You never know.

I pretty much stopped getting taller at about 18. It’s really sort of a blessing. Your wardrobe will last you longer that way. Anyway… eat right, exercise and live right. Leave your height up to God.

And, Serd:
Facial hair is overrated. I could grow two beards a day, it’s not cool :slight_smile:

[quote]ghargoyle wrote:
I pretty much stopped getting taller at about 18. It’s really sort of a blessing. Your wardrobe will last you longer that way. Anyway… eat right, exercise and live right. Leave your height up to God.

And, Serd:
Facial hair is overrated. I could grow two beards a day, it’s not cool :)[/quote]

haha…It wouldn’t be back tough to have a little bit.

I’ve been talking to my dad a lot about how I’m not growing and stuff and he says all the “Serd’s” (our last name) are like that because we have a Polish background somewhere down the line.
He told me that he didn’t get facial hair and didn’t start growing until in college, so hopefully I have more time to mature.

I mean think about it, I didn’t go through puberty until my sophomore year of highschool.

[quote]GDollars37 wrote:
Agree with the guy that said a Napoleon complex isn’t a good thing most of the time. But hey, there’s hope, Brian Urlacher was a 5’7’’ 160 pound wide receiver entering his senior year of college, guy must be 6’4’’ 250 now. You never know.[/quote]

You mean high school. Urlacher was 6’4", 235 going into his senior year of college, and was playing a linebacker/safety hybid position. Do you honestly think he gained 9" and 90 lbs. in a year? At age 22?.