Making Sense of This: 21, Low T, Low SBHG, High Prolactin

Edited, thanks for advice.

I have paid for these tests and I haven’t probably included everything I should so this is not a work of a doctor.

I am also not from US but Czech Republic so I don’t even know how TRT works here…

I really feel like it would help me. I am really curious what they will tell me. I have also read that Clomid may be a good alternative before starting testosterone. What do you think about that?

Research Endo in your area. Pick one that does trt. Call up the offices and ask if they prescribe testosterone injections if needed. You will get a feeling what they think. You can also try to call compound pharmacies to see which Drs prescribe testosterone or HCG.

You may end up going to a few Drs before finding one that is good. Endo important. Sometimes a reproductive urologist or a hormone urologist is good. Start with Endo.

Clomid is worth a try because you are young, chances for success are higher for younger men. If you decide to give clomid a try start out at 12.5 ED or EOD, too many doctors start guys out too high only to continually reduce the dosages over many months while you suffer.

If Clomid doesn’t work then TRT is recommended, you would do well on moderate doses twice weekly given your SHBG levels.

Well as I said, I am not from US and really I couldn’t find anything like “TRT” specialized doctors here where I live.

Try

Update: Went to my GP, of course he didn’t even want to talk about it, refused to answer any of my arguments and was just talking without making any sense.

I am scheduled with endo next month and right now I am going to try and schedule an appointment with doctors I found on some website and they should be working with low T but as far as I saw they treat older men so I don’t know. They are urologists/andrologists so not really sure how “deep” can they go with their treatment of all the hormones.

Endocrinologist prescribed me TRT when I was 16 (or 17, can’t remember), if you have a legitimate medical need for it age doesn’t really matter

EDIT: actually I think it was 17

How old are you right now and how do you feel on TRT?

Even on a non omptimized protocal I feel 100000x better with regards to energy, mood, sexual function etc. I’m currently … 17

It matters if one is primary v.s secondary, you will reach more resistance with your doctor if secondary and young.

Your GP is scared shitless of TRT, he clearly wants nothing to do with TRT. His mind is made up before you even spoke to him.

Yeah, I am aware of that. He doesn’t want to have anything to do with these things as I see it.

The past several decades doctors have been taught that if you give a man TRT he will get prostate cancer, a seriously flawed study with many errors.

Now these doctors must be deprogrammed and that’s going to take time.

Update:

Went to an endocrinologist. Showed him my blood test results, told him I have symptoms of a low T - fatigue, almost non existing libido, weakness, etc…

He just said that my hormones are OK, I even pointed out that my free T is just 0.03 above the minimum range and he didn’t seem to care.

So I left with him just saying that my hormones are normal and he just ordered a blood test for cortisol. I asked him if it wouldn’t be wise to make all the tests again when I am having my blood drawn to make a comparison with these older ones and he said that it isn’t needed.

Really don’t know what to think about his approach and basically about everything overall right now.

Dr should at least order more labs. You need to politely say can you order the labs anyway? They are suppose to consider patient input.
You may need to be a little more pushy.

Did he give you a written script? If so write in the other test.

Yeah, I definitely should have been more demanding of the whole test… Well, I messed up this one…

He gave me script but printed out of computer and then he put his signature and stamp there so I am not really sure if I could somehow add anything else there. There are small squares next to each hormone and the chosen one is filled black. If I’d make it with a black pen it would be too obvious.

Do you think a testicle varicoele could cause hormone problems becuase I have bilaterally right side grade 3 and left side grade 2. But I have seen some guys get them fixed and still have testosterone problems

Sure it can.

You will find most so called endocrinologists are TRT ignorant, your doctor sees levels “in range” and his mind is already made up before you mention that you have symptoms.

In range and you do not get treatment, outside the range you get treatment.

It really is as simply as that, only it isn’t quite that simple. It’s just a lazy way of getting through the day (triaging the patient) without much thought process. It turns doctors into robots and makes them look incredible stupid.

Midrange levels are different for everyone, if a guy is naturally 1200 ng/dL and hits his 30’s and scores 300 ng/dL, 600 ng/dL is midrange for him. These ranges are bullshit because they don’t pertain to you, they pertain to everyone else including those who are sick and dying.

If you look at the health of the US, more than half are obese so these ranges are tainted and flawed. Being a 21 year old makes getting TRT much harder, vs being 50 years old.