Making Protein Shakes then Consuming Them

I heard it is best to consume your shake right after making it, and not leaving it too long, does anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Aged protein shakes FTW

Depends on what your mixing into it.

I second thought mix whey with milk, let sit in the sun until it turns a lovely cottage cheese consistency, then drink.

/thread

Lol, what I do is make my shake before training (which I travel to) then I drink it about 3 hours later after training, is this OK?

Definitely- most whey shakes won’t turn rancid until 12+ hours…in my experience at least

[quote]MMA101 wrote:
Lol, what I do is make my shake before training (which I travel to) then I drink it about 3 hours later after training, is this OK?[/quote]

If you can, you should get your shake down right after working out or atleast within 30 min. as apposed to 3 hours later

[quote]eatliftsleep wrote:
MMA101 wrote:
Lol, what I do is make my shake before training (which I travel to) then I drink it about 3 hours later after training, is this OK?

If you can, you should get your shake down right after working out or atleast within 30 min. as apposed to 3 hours later

[/quote]

He drink it right after…just 3 hours after making it.

It really depends on the protein. Whey holds up a long time, even at room temperature. Egg, casein, or blends of them and other proteins can go bad overnight in the fridge.

Metabolic Drive turns to Jell-o in the fridge. And no, its not good. I take it in pre-measured containers and mix it when I need it.

I like to take my Surge to the gym dry and then add water after I get done lifting, but if you’re not a clumsy oaf like me who might spill it all over the place then I don’t think there’s any real reason to do that.

Is this really worth even thinking about?

[quote]MMAniac wrote:
eatliftsleep wrote:
MMA101 wrote:

He drink it right after…just 3 hours after making it.[/quote]

ohh ok gotcha, i kinda read it wrong

[quote]nschneid wrote:
I like to take my Surge to the gym dry and then add water after I get done lifting, but if you’re not a clumsy oaf like me who might spill it all over the place then I don’t think there’s any real reason to do that.[/quote]

Same, just put the dry powder in a shaker/bottle and add water and mix at the gym. Maybe take a fork if the powder is a poor mixing one.