Making Plain Cottage Cheese More Platable

I know this sounds like shit, but here goes: make your own almond butter (my local health food store has a grinder so you can make all your own blends) and mix it with cashew butter, I then pick up some dried figs, (I guess you could substitute for any dried fruit). I cut up the fruit and mix it in with the almond/cashew mixture and mix it in a big container of cottage cheese. It’s quick to just pop out of the fridge and taste damn good! (If you like crunch add sliced cucumber).

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1127527043267.tnationBanner1.gif

This is going to sound really grose but here it goes
Dark chocolate semi sweet coca
cimonin
slenda
peanut butter
cottage cheese
vanilla yogurt
and any type of (ff)(sf)pudding mix

[quote]Mjace45 wrote:
cimonin
slenda
peanut butter
cottage cheese
vanilla yogurt
and any type of (ff)(sf)pudding mix[/quote]
…WOW. Want to have another try with spelling that one.

I got this recipe here but no one’s mentioned it so here I go. 1 cup of cottage cheese, 1 scoop chocolate Low-Carb Grow! , 2 tbs of natural peanut butter and a little water to aid in the mixing. This makes 2 servings with aprox. 30-40 grms of protein and is quite good. Mix in bowl and eat.

It’s good to me plain.

Pinneapple is the way to go tho.

[quote]Eliyahu HaNavi wrote:
If you can find it, buy Israeli cottage cheese. The stuff from Tnuva tastes the best, but you can also get it from Strauss and one other company that I can’t remember off the top of my head. They all have 1/2%, 5% and 9% fat. I can’t even eat cottage in America, there’s really no comparison. You should be able to find it at Israeli carryouts/small grocery stores. Lot’s of em in LA (on Pico) and I’m sure in New York too. [/quote]

exactly. buy cottage cheese made with live cultures. a whole different animal.

Check out this thread. It’s full of great cottage cheese recipes! I really like the Cottage Cheese Pancakes.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=688056

Geeze, am I the only one who can take the stuff plain?

I absolutely LOVE cottage cheese, in fact, I need to force myself from devouring the whole tub!

Are most guys here eating the fat-free kind or 2% or whatever?

[quote]Mjace45 wrote:
cimonin
slenda
peanut butter
cottage cheese
vanilla yogurt
and any type of (ff)(sf)pudding mix
…WOW. Want to have another try with spelling that one.[/quote]

Cimonin…hahaha…that cracked me up.

Try mixing cottage cheese with the whipped type yogurt, its a lot lighter and a few less calories, tasts great too.

[quote]Maya Kumar wrote:
Check out this thread. It’s full of great cottage cheese recipes! I really like the Cottage Cheese Pancakes.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=688056 [/quote]

Excellent thanks for that link, iv’e started getting back into cottage cheese and i find it hard to eat, the texture and blandness. Had a disaster once when i mixed some chocolate whey and cottage cheese n milk, the curd sunk to the bottom and when i got a mouthful i almost gagged!

My post workout

1 cup cottage cheese
16 oz skim milk
1 bananna
2 scoops whey protein

then blend it up

I haven’t bought peanuts in a long time, but when I did, I’d do the following. Now I just use some peanut butter instead…

Half tub of cottage cheese.
Handful of peanuts.
Sprinkle of oatmeal.
Scoop or two of Low-Carb Grow!

Stir it up, call it a peanut buster parfait and consider it a treat. Okay, the mind games really do help.