Making Peanut Butter

I figured it’d be cheaper to make peanut butter from stratch rather than to buy it in a jar, so does anyone have instructions to make it?

Thanks

ok this is complicated, but I’ll do the best I can.
Get your peanuts. open the bag/box/jar of peanuts. Get a food processor. Now bear with me, pour the peanuts into the food processor. Here’s the tricky step: turn on the food processor. There ya go.

haha nah for real, just blend em up in that. 1 trick I have, after you run it for a while, take the peanut butter out, get it in a microwavable dish, zap it for a a little while, then re-run it through the food processor. Heat will increase solubility.

[quote]cougarenegade wrote:
ok this is complicated, but I’ll do the best I can.
Get your peanuts. open the bag/box/jar of peanuts. Get a food processor. Now bear with me, pour the peanuts into the food processor. Here’s the tricky step: turn on the food processor. There ya go.

haha nah for real, just blend em up in that. 1 trick I have, after you run it for a while, take the peanut butter out, get it in a microwavable dish, zap it for a a little while, then re-run it through the food processor. Heat will increase solubility.[/quote]

Just wondering if I should add any oil or anything else in there, because I don’t see how I could make it as “buttery” as the ready ones without adding anything in there.

Peanuts already contain plenty of oil.

The only think you might possibly want to add is a little salt.

LOL - yup! it’s really that easy - I usually put a spoon of honey and some olive oil in too to make it more…

…buttery-ish?!?

If buy this organic peanut butter.It tastes so good.It’s just like homemade peanut butter.Natures promise is the brand.

It actually is not going to be buttery. After a few days the oil and the solid part will separate. You will have to mix it each time you use it with a spoon or something. Make sure you use unsalted p nuts.

[quote]Hugrafix wrote:
It actually is not going to be buttery. After a few days the oil and the solid part will separate. You will have to mix it each time you use it with a spoon or something. Make sure you use unsalted p nuts.[/quote]

Put it in the fridge, and the oil will not seperate as much, if at all.

If you have a Whole Foods in your area, some of them let you make your own peanut butter.

However, it’s not like PB is all that expensive. What is a 16oz jar of natural cost? $2.50 or so. I can’t seemaking your own being that much cheaper, or is it?