T Nation

Making Home Brewed NaCl

This look right to you guys?..

"1g of Sodium Chloride in 100g/ml of water. Pure water (distilled) weighs 1g/ml. So 100ml of DW and 1g of Sodium Chloride would make 1% NACL solution. 100ml of water with .9g of Sodium Chloride would make .9% solution.

1 US gallon = 3785.41178 ml I think it is closer to 34g of Sodium Chloride for a gallon" - Xodus

No - 1gram of pure NaCl (no table salt, as it is iodized) and 99grams of water will give you a 1% solution. 99.1g H2O and .9g NaCl will give you .9%.

What in the hell would you be doing with a gallon of NaCl in the first place?

Contrl had originally posted before about making NaCl with distilled water for HGH. I suppose the gallon bit is just for convenience instead of measuring out smaller amounts.

Make one large bulk amount and discard the excess.

[quote]Inner Hulk wrote:
Contrl had originally posted before about making NaCl with distilled water for HGH. I suppose the gallon bit is just for convenience instead of measuring out smaller amounts.

Make one large bulk amount and discard the excess.[/quote]

Seems to me if you have a scale that can measure out 34g of salt, then it would be faster, and more accurate to make it in 100ml batches.

But that’s just me.

It really would be best to go with the 100ml approach. I have a full gallon of it sitting in front of me, and the mere sight of it coins the word “overkill” everytime I look at it.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.