Making Good Potatoes

how do you season potatoes so that the actual potatoe tastes like the seasoning? i made some today and cut them into circular slices, then covered them in EVOO and seasoned them with cuming,garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper then put them in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes a side. they were good but you could tell that the seasoning was just on the outside and didnt penetrate the potatoe. i have also tried dicing them with the same seasoning and making them on the stove top and its the same thing.

mini golden potatoes
thin sliced
evoo
season salt
bake

I just put whatever seasoning I like (salt, pepper, Tony Chachere’s,etc…) On 'em, cut 'em into small squares and put 'em on the stove medium heat with a lid on and let them simmer for 20-30 minutes while checking periodically. When they’re soft enough that the fork falls through, they’re done. Also, if you have bacon grease you should coat the pan with it. No need to go crazy, but enough to get a thin layer over the bottom of the pan so it merges with the potatoes when you shake the pan periodically gives 'em a killer flavor.

[quote]talon2nr7588 wrote:
how do you season potatoes so that the actual potatoe tastes like the seasoning? [/quote]

Season them after they are out of the oven and fully cooked.

EVOO is fine, but I think a little melted butter would taste better.

Either way…

Quarter potatoes, boil til almost tender, then coat til liking with either evoo or butter, then salt pepper, parsley. After, bake for 20 mins at 350 deg. Fahrenheit…yum.

[quote]gabex wrote:
mini golden potatoes
thin sliced
evoo
season salt
bake[/quote]

Add cracked pepper and fresh rosemary to this and you have yourself a winner.

[quote]throws56 wrote:

Either way…

Quarter potatoes, boil til almost tender, then coat til liking with either evoo or butter, then salt pepper, parsley. After, bake for 20 mins at 350 deg. Fahrenheit…yum.[/quote]

how long do you boil them?

[quote]talon2nr7588 wrote:

[quote]throws56 wrote:

Either way…

Quarter potatoes, boil til almost tender, then coat til liking with either evoo or butter, then salt pepper, parsley. After, bake for 20 mins at 350 deg. Fahrenheit…yum.[/quote]

how long do you boil them?[/quote]

A little before tender, so it be like 7 or 8 mins probably. I never time it, was go off the feel.

Try poking it with a fork, it should go into the potato, but with a small amount of resistances.