Making Fun of Christians

[quote]doogie wrote:
ZEB wrote:
But in the real world most people are Christian and hardly anyone makes fun of them.

Zeb wrote:
There are 2.1 billion Christians in the world.

http://www.ibiblio.org/lunarbin/worldpop

World population> 6,619,832,222
Non-Christians-- 4,500,000,000
Christians-- 2,100,000,000

Douchebag, being a Christian doesn’t mean you can make up you own definitions of words.

Most–

1. Greatest in number.
  2. Greatest in amount, extent, or degree.
  3. In the greatest number of instances

MOST people in the “real world” are not Christians.
[/quote]

You cleverly put two of my phrases, from two different posts together.

My point was that most people in the US are Christian and hardly anyone makes fun of them. I merely posted the worlds Christian population to point out that there are also many Christians world wide.

Does this make you a liar?

I know how you like to attack people personally on the Internet, so I thought I would play.

Have a good day, as none of us know how many days we have left…And then we are facing eternity.

:slight_smile:

[quote]orion wrote:
doogie wrote:
ZEB wrote:
But in the real world most people are Christian and hardly anyone makes fun of them.

Zeb wrote:

Douchebag, being a Christian doesn’t mean you can make up you own definitions of words.

Most–

1. Greatest in number.

And a lot of these are f.E Roman Catholic, who are no true Christians any way, or so I hear…

And some are baptised, like me, and are still no Christians…

Some are so Christian, they practise Voodoo rituals as part of the mass…

If, out of 2 billion, 500 million remain, that would be a lot… [/quote]

But still the large majority in the good old US of A!

[quote]steveo5801 wrote:
orion wrote:
doogie wrote:
ZEB wrote:

Zeb wrote:

Most–

1. Greatest in number.

And a lot of these are f.E Roman Catholic, who are no true Christians any way, or so I hear…

And some are baptised, like me, and are still no Christians…

Some are so Christian, they practise Voodoo rituals as part of the mass…

If, out of 2 billion, 500 million remain, that would be a lot…

These arguments are quite irrelevant. It doesn’t matter how many people “call” themselves “Chrisitan.” What matters is how many of these people are Chrisitan by the Bible’s definition – i.e. Born-again (John 3).

The problem stems from our insistance of imposing our human thinking and culture upon God. [/quote]

Good point Steveo!

doogie, lothario and the others just don’t understand why God would send his one and only son as a sacrifice for sin.

No…they just don’t understand that act of love. Therefore, it must not have happened and there is no God!

Yea…that’s logical…lol

[quote]steveo5801 wrote:
Another one of your finer and more intelligent sounding posts, Vroom.

Now what are YOU going to do about YOUR sin?
[/quote]

That’s between me and my maker asshole, so fuck off.

[quote]vroom wrote:
steveo5801 wrote:

That’s between me and my maker asshole, so fuck off.[/quote]

vroom,

You seem to have taken a real disliking to steveo.

Why is that?

Here is the ENTIRE post I took the first quote from. Where does it say in the US?

I can see clearly, in plain English where it says “real world”, but at no point does it say US/America/USA? Then, to back up your point about the “real world”, you posted the number of Christians in the world.

You are such a hypocritical, lying, scumbag.

[quote]
satan’s minion wrote:
It might just be in your world most people make fun of Christians, I don’t know. But in the real world most people are Christian and hardly anyone makes fun of them.

Then again the Internet gives some people courage. Like you for instance. I bet you have not made fun of a Christian face to face in…oh quite a while.[/quote]

[quote]ZEB wrote:
vroom wrote:
Zeb,

There is a big difference about a thread discussing Christianity as a topic and a thread where a bunch of nearly illiterate bible thumpers are proclaiming who will suffer damnation because they don’t share the exact same fundie viewpoint.

If those other threads were simply a discussion and not some type of recruitment, conversion, same old message style blather, they would receive a much (ironically) warmer reception, IMO.

I suspect this thread exists merely to help keep the universe in balance. You know what happens when the universe is out of balance, right? Everything goes straight to hell! :wink:

Well, that is my point vroom.

Scroll back.

My point to Irish was clear. It is not a religious thread per se that he is against. It is any thread that promotes Jesus Christ as the savior of the world.

Which by the way he is, does that make me illiterate?

[/quote]

Mate words fail me, you and your alter ego SteveO come here and basically insult people and cloak it in religous ramblings. I don’t have anything against religion, Christianity and more to the point people with a sense of decency and moral value. You don’t get the irony of what I am doing is exactly the same as you both are doing.

Am I wrong or are you judging people, calling people athiests with little knowledge of their religious capacity. I do realise American’s don’t understand Irony, but you in your pseudo-intellectual way failed to spot all I am doing is making a load of probably incorrect judgements based on what I think. Which is basically what you are doing.

As far as I am aware any decent Christian would not. I think SolomonGrundy has a bit more of an idea what a good Christian is than you or Steveo, and he didn’t start judging people like you. Its just being used as a front for some sort of way to convey superiority. Hence people are getting just a little pissed at your judegmentalism.

Come back with some humilty, decent Christian values and you might see a little respect. As for SteveO, directly insulting people like you crap you said to Vroom just shows your ignorance is way beyond the comprehension of anyone here.

When I showed your posts to my friend who is a Vicar (a Protestant one) he laughed out loud and shook his head. Oh the irony, oh the irony.

The big think is, as soon as I got attacked for being a Catholic, that’s when me telling you to fuck off comes about, you as mentioned before have no right to judge people, only God is supposed to do that, or do you not understand this ???

No fact that that you think you or SteveO think you are some great Christian’s would ever detract from the fact that you are both serious nobheads. I feel sorry for your families, co-workers and if you have any friends.

There is also no need to put some cliched crap about me insulting you and Christians, I’m insulting you, yes, you deserve it for your judgementalism.

When was the last time you did anything a decent Christian would anyway, maybe your should enlighten us all to what you do and how you are paving your way to heaven ? Surely belief and going to church is not enough, tell us about how you help the poor, your exquisite sense or moral value and decency and how you routinely make sacarifices for the good of others.

We are all waiting.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
vroom wrote:
steveo5801 wrote:

vroom,

Why is that?[/quote]

That was clever of you ZEB you just basically confirmed you with you alias SteveO are just here to be disruptive.

Think its time you got your coat and left via the back door with your head in shame. I’ll pray for your forgiveness but I can’t promise anything.

This forum seriously needs more Muslims or Buddists, those taoists are pretty cool.

[quote]Wayland wrote:
This forum seriously needs more Muslims or Buddists, those taoists are pretty cool.[/quote]

Doubt they would be tollerated by the pseudo-christians who have polluted this thread.

[quote]doogie wrote:

ZEB wrote:

Zeb wrote:

doogie wrote:

Most–

1. Greatest in number.

ZEB wrote:
You cleverly put two of my phrases, from two different posts together.

My point was that most people in the US are Christian and hardly anyone makes fun of them. I merely posted the worlds Christian population to point out that there are also many Christians world wide.

Does this make you a liar?

I know how you like to attack people personally on the Internet, so I thought I would play.

Have a good day, as none of us know how many days we have left…And then we are facing eternity.

Here is the ENTIRE post I took the first quote from. Where does it say in the US?

I can see clearly, in plain English where it says “real world”, but at no point does it say US/America/USA? Then, to back up your point about the “real world”, you posted the number of Christians in the world.

You are such a hypocritical, lying, scumbag.[/quote]

Gee doogie,

It appears that you owe me an apology for using your native language once again.

But don’t worry I know folks like you never apologize. After all it’s the Internet you CAN act the way you do, so you do. I get it.

Here is my post to orion in it’s entirity.

Check out this part: There 159 million Christians in the USA.

Hate is strange thing doogie…it sort of fogs the mind…

Now the question that I should ask is this:

Did you simply miss this post to orion, due to human error. Or did you purposely miss this post to orion?

[quote]orion,

There 159 million Christians in the USA. About 2 million atheist/agnostics in the US. (2001 stats).

You run in atheist circles and that’s fine (for now anyway). But open you eyes to reality my friend.

And, as per my point, most folks like lothario are not nearly as insulting to Christians in person as they are on the Internet.

It’s call anonymity!

http://www.adherents.com/....html#religions [/quote]

Bye for now ACCUSER.

Stigg,

Gee stig when you post stuff like this

[quote]There is a flip side to that coin. What if some ‘Christian’s’ do got me boxed in and I gotta put them down?

Cause no matter what, you will not get in my way. We’ve spoken on the net, yeah. But I would not hesitate. Not for a second.[/quote]

…and you expect everyone to know exactly where you’re coming from? Keep in mind that we Americans never understand irony…

Okay…sorry I didn’t get the joke.

[quote]Stigg. wrote:
ZEB wrote:
vroom wrote:
steveo5801 wrote:

vroom,

Why is that?

That was clever of you ZEB you just basically confirmed you with you alias SteveO are just here to be disruptive.[/quote]

Disruptive?

Now why would I enter a thread called “Making Fun of Christians” and try to disrupt it?

It’s not like those who attack God actually post on “pro Christian threads” to disrupt.

This time it’s YOU who didn’t get the joke MATE!

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Stigg. wrote:
ZEB wrote:
vroom wrote:
steveo5801 wrote:

vroom,

Why is that?

That was clever of you ZEB you just basically confirmed you with you alias SteveO are just here to be disruptive.

Disruptive?

Now why would I enter a thread called “Making Fun of Christians” and try to disrupt it?

It’s not like those who attack God actually post on “pro Christian threads” to disrupt.

This time it’s YOU who didn’t get the joke MATE!

[/quote]

Ok, now answer the question as to what makes you a Christian, what entwines your everyday life that shows great self sacarifice and love towards others ? Us mere mortals need enlightenment my friend.

:wink:

What’s with the capitals on ‘mate’ ? You seem to be getting a little annoyed and confused my little buddy.

[quote]Stigg. wrote:
What’s with the capitals on ‘mate’ ? You seem to be getting a little annoyed and confused my little buddy.[/quote]

You know I usually avoid this type of question. And the reason is if you makea laundry list of things that you actually do, it comes off as bragging. And this being the Interent one can also ACCUSE you of lying.

So who gains?

Christianity? I don’t think so.

However, I will say that there are many passages in the Bible which speak directly to your question. Here are a few of my favorites:

James 2: 14:

“What good is it my brothers if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds?”

James 2: 15, 16:

“Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, go I wish you well; keep warm and well fed, but does nothing about his physical needs what good is it?”

If you are a real Christian your life will in fact reflect your beliefs. I can honestly tell you that my deeds do in fact reflect my faith overall.

Giving to the church, also to those who are less fortunate. In general attempting to help others in every Godly way.

I’m far from perfect…but I try to get better at it each year. That is one of my goals.

That also includes sharing the word of God…And I understand that many hate that. And there really is no way to sugar coat the word of God, I wish there were, I really do. With that said, there are many others who do not post who are inspired by those of us sharing the word of God. I have gotten several PM’s to that effect.

They simply don’t want to get into an argument with others who disagree with their faith. And I can’t say that I blame them.

The bottom line is, Jesus Christ died for our sins. If we accept that we go to Heaven. If we don’t (and here comes the line that many hate…) they go to Hell!

Now tell me what good you are up to lately.

I’m sure that you are a reasonable “giver.” One ready to help widows and orphans.

If you want to elaborate I’d love to listen. If not I fully understand given the mode of communication that we are using.

Well I’m sure you act in a very altruistic manner. I personally feel that religion is a concept to most people rather than a reality. When someone say’s something like ‘I train religously’ what that means is they train seriously and in a dedicated manner at the same time believing in it. That’s the reality of it. The concept is something totally different.

That concept could well be reading FLEX, drinking protein powder and sitting round talking about it, but never actually training.

Its thought readily that a large amount of those who call themselves Christian’s are merely conceptualizing, and also ‘God Fearing’.They don’t accept or conduct the reality of their religion because it doesn’t suit their means.

You can always spot the conceptualists because they will talk about how wrong homesexuality is or similar. Many branches of the christian church, or
atleast the official governing bodies of many of these sects within the christian church are homophobic,mysogynistic and racist.

Contrastingly they do not represent the Christian religion as a whole (or well for that matter) because many people
who would call themselves Christians are
not homophobic,mysogynistic or racist. Furthermore, people of different races, homosexuals and women make up a very large part of the Christian world.

So when folks like SteveO talk about how bad being a Homsexual is, in my mind they are merely conceptualizing religion and not in the reality of it. It suits him to show vitriol towards gays and lesbians so he embraces the particular concept that particular.

Once again, judging people because of their sexual preferences is a good way to fastrack to hell in some peoples minds.

In case the difference between concepts and realities escapes anyone, Albert Einstein once said not to confuse the map with the territory. The purple and brown lines on a map are just that, purple and brown lines. Its open to interpretation, sort of like the bible. Except some people don’t understant or interpret.

In other words the difference between concept and reality is not like Beef and Beef Broth, its like your coat and the ticket the cloakroom person gives your for it in the opera.

Whilst many of those who all themselves Christians might think they have grasped the reality of it they are still fooling around with the concepts.

The very fact Zeb that you have to keep coming back to defend yourself against all these apparent Athiests means that your concepts could well do with some quality time turning themselves into realities. In the end, there is no Heaven without a Hell, if you keep thinking you can keep people out of hell by preaching, Heaven will dissapear and then what will happen ? Good luck.

[quote]Stigg. wrote:

The very fact Zeb that you have to keep coming back to defend yourself against all these apparent Athiests means that your concepts could well do with some quality time turning themselves into realities. In the end, there is no Heaven without a Hell, if you keep thinking you can keep people out of hell by preaching, Heaven will dissapear and then what will happen ? Good luck.
[/quote]

Interesting. I don’t think I disagree with your thought process initially.

But I’m afraid it’s the concept that cannot be “sold” any other way. In other words the message can be a harsh one. And to somehow “twist” it so that it’s not, smacks of dishonesty to me. And I’m not sure that as a Christian I should be doing that.

Also, I think when it comes to Internet conversation people are naturally less inhibited about their feelings. And I think that works for both sides of the religous fence.

We Christians are more apt to say “you need Christ right now…repent, or you’re going to Hell!” on the Internet.

When in our “real lives” face to face we might say something on the order of “have you considered taking a look at the Bible, I’ve really found some great help there.”

And of course those who oppose Christianity will spew just about every vile thing that comes into their mind when conversing on the Internet with a Christian.

They are equally brave as they know nothing can happen to them, outside of one more post in their direction. Which is of course why they spoke that way to begin with anyway.

But when face to face they might simply say “I’m just not into religion.” Or something equally harmless.

So, I think we can blame the mode of communication for much of the “heat” that occurs regarding religous threads.

Back to Christianity.

The only way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ. That notion alone can spark much heated debate, name calling and much more!

People really don’t like to hear that one.

Why?

Because it means two things:

First, they are wrong and no one likes to be wrong, especially in 2006 when we are supposed to not tell anyone they are wrong. It’s politically correct to simply shut your mouth and nod politely. And I can do that, but I don’t see that as helping anyone.

As to the vitriol toward those testifying regarding Jesus Christ This really should not be a surprise to you, me or anyone else. And I don’t think it’s any specific persons fault. It is the nature of things.

They crucified Christ!

What did he do to deserve death on a cross? He merely came claiming the truth and they killed him for it!

Paul was beaten many times and imprisoned. Eventually he was beheaded.

Peter when he knew death was imminent begged to be crucified upside down as he stated that he was not worthy to suffer in the same manner as Jesus. I believe they obliged.

James was killed by the sword.

Many many others met equally violent ends.

And why?

Were they bad people?

Did they rob or commit other crimes?

No.

Every one of them simply spoke the truth about Jesus Christ (including Christ himself).

I find that part of Christian history fascinating.

Every one of them gladly gave their lives for their belief in Jesus Christ.

Very few men will die for the truth. But for so many who were obviously in their right mind, dying for a lie? Not likely! But they did die for the truth!

Anyway what’s a little abuse on a message board compared to all of that?

Not much huh?

Thanks for the conversation.

You have made some very salient points which I will consider as I move along.

Take care,

Zeb

LOL.

That isn’t WHY the died. They died because they caused turmoil to the powers that be, endangering the lifestyles of the rich and famous at the time.

There is a difference…

You, as does Steveo, have a persecution complex and tend to feel that if you are being abused in some way that it makes you a better person.

How strange.

Finally, do I have to quote passages referring to the statements of Jesus that refer to the behavior necessary to avoid damnation?

In his own words, he outlines that one can obey the laws and they will be fine. I’d suggest all the ranting and raving you do is really for those that can’t even obey the laws, for them, there is still a chance.

Now, enough huffing and puffing and so forth. One doesn’t have to be what you and Steveo refer to as “real” Christians in order to do as is required. There isn’t a law that says that thou shalt only use mild language, for example.

[quote]ZEB wrote:
Ridiculing someones faith is fun for you? You must like tearing the wings off flies as well.
[/quote]

How is it that you are helpless to defend yourself from my oh so horrific and viscious onslaught against your “faith”? You are anything but a fly getting its wings torn off, and you know it.

I was under the impression that you were a grown man.

This is how it works: you guys say we’re going to hell. Then we say that you’re full of shit. Repeat, altering the arguments slightly as we go… until we come to a point where you guys can’t handle it anymore and complain that we are christian-haters.

And that’s close… but what we actually hate is self-righteous stuck up assholes who think they have all the answers – which they quite obviously don’t. And maybe it’s not so bad to be that way, because hey – nobody’s perfect, right? But when I see you jump the shit of kids who get on here and post some ridiculous BS about President Bush, I kinda feel like maybe you could handle a little ribbing of your own.

We don’t hate you guys for being christian, we deride you for your self-important “be afraid like me or else” attitudes.

Thus, the jokes. Think of it as gently chiding “corrective action” to encourage you guys to embrace a somewhat wider view of life.

Also, I’d like to point out that nobody made you read this thread, much less post to it. This is the internet. I am a disembodied voice from somewhere in Florida. Please try to relax.

Look through the the bible and see if Jesus ever defended the religous people of his time. You won’t find such a situation.

My faith is rooted in Christ’s power to defeat death, and pay the ultimate price for my sin.

I could give a shit if you make fun of me, call me names, or whatever it is you do to try and diminish my faith.

I’m not going to beat you over the head with a 90 pound Scofield reference Bible to convert you. But I will never duck from my faith.