Making Farmer's Walk Handles

Has a great idea the other day.
Why not make my own farmers walk devices VS buying them for several $100?

All you need is some some 2" steel pipping, cut the length you want.
Drill and place a screw w/ maybe a nut & bold on the outside in the pipe as a plate stopper.
Maybe need to add some very thin tape of some kind to where the sleeves would be to make it just a tad thicker so you can get your collar/ clamp on securely.

vwaaa laaa… Homeade farmers walk!
Of course you would have 2" diameter grip, but thats all good.

What do you guys think?

Do it and report back; Decent idea

or do what I did take a dumb bell at the ends fashion 1/2 inch tow rope to either end so its like a sling.

in the middle where you grab the rope you put a peice of foam rubber around it held on with gorrilla tape.

I attached the rope with d clips or carribeaners whatever they are called threaded through holes I drilled in the threading of the DB.

I saw a picture of some homade ones. 2" tube with plate stops. Seperate 2" tube for handles. Attached with HD bolts and nuts.

Would be pretty easy to make out plumbing pipe as well.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
I saw a picture of some homade ones. 2" tube with plate stops. Seperate 2" tube for handles. Attached with HD bolts and nuts.

Would be pretty easy to make out plumbing pipe as well. [/quote]

Like this?

http://jva.ontariostrongman.ca/TITEFW.htm

[quote]MNguns wrote:
Has a great idea the other day.
Why not make my own farmers walk devices VS buying them for several $100?
[/quote]

I can’t imagine making farmers handles would be hard. However, that’s something I’m not interested in. So, I’m going to do what I always do when someone brings up farmers (or any equipment): plug Pitbull Equipment.

www.marunde-muscle.com/pitbull.html
(The prices are updated on his myspace page, I believe)

You can get a pair of farmers handles from Alan for $90 shipped, as opposed to several $100. His stuff is by far the best for the price that I have found. His equipment is high quality and takes a beating.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
dhickey wrote:

Would be pretty easy to make out plumbing pipe as well.

Like this?

http://jva.ontariostrongman.ca/TITEFW.htm
[/quote]

yep thanks.