Making Eggs In the Microwave

[quote]Shakey D wrote:
scottiscool wrote:
Yes, as a college student it’s my only option. I have a tray i suppose to call it that fits two eggs at a time and cooks them fairly well. Doesn’t taste as good but gets the job done if you are without other means or just lazy. It looks like this, and turns out it’s called a poacher.

If you do I highly recommend something like this, cause as someone else posted they will explode and make a hell of a mess. Definitely if you have access to stove top just scramble them or cook up an omlette, as it takes almost the same amount of time, and then you can add smoked chicken or ham for added protein and as it is already cooked you’re good to go, just heat and serve.
[/quote]

I am a college freshmen which means my kitchen is limited to a weak microwave and mini fridge unfortunately. I only cook the eggs there because I have to, or otherwise I’d be eating the disgusting “eggs” they serve at the dining hall.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
RIT Jared wrote:
If you don’t have the 3 minutes it takes to cook eggs on the stove then I think you may want to look into managing your time a little better in the morning.

Seriously though, don’t get in the habit of microwaving eggs. Learn the art of cooking a good breakfast.

I do make them on the stove as of now, with frozen peppers, onions, and ham. Next year in college though, I’ll be shit outta luck with a stove in my dorm. Hence the microwave question.[/quote]

Your best idea would be to make friends with the cooks at your dining hall. I got a 12-egg white omlette every morning.

[quote]RIT Jared wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:
RIT Jared wrote:
If you don’t have the 3 minutes it takes to cook eggs on the stove then I think you may want to look into managing your time a little better in the morning.

Seriously though, don’t get in the habit of microwaving eggs. Learn the art of cooking a good breakfast.

I do make them on the stove as of now, with frozen peppers, onions, and ham. Next year in college though, I’ll be shit outta luck with a stove in my dorm. Hence the microwave question.

Your best idea would be to make friends with the cooks at your dining hall. I got a 12-egg white omlette every morning.

[/quote]

Yup. Definitely make friends with the cooks. But how about at 9pm? Eggs and egg beaters are a great food anytime.