Making Arms Bigger

alright thanks for all the help guys i’ve learned a lot lol. I appreciate all the help

i’m not really doing it for the women really just myself but it would be nice for them lol. I just really wanna get big so i will just keep training for mass and the arms will just come with all of that.
thanks guys

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
2 inches or 20lbs by August. I don’t think thats possible naturally. Believe it or not some women don’t really give a shit about your arms size or your size in general. They merely choose whatever the fuck they want. Train and grow for yourself, no one else. [/quote]

i went from 170 to a solid 205 in two months,and all natural. its possible. it just takes hard work and dedication. do work son itll come

[quote]tommytoughnuts wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
2 inches or 20lbs by August. I don’t think thats possible naturally. Believe it or not some women don’t really give a shit about your arms size or your size in general. They merely choose whatever the fuck they want. Train and grow for yourself, no one else.

i went from 170 to a solid 205 in two months,and all natural. its possible. it just takes hard work and dedication. do work son itll come[/quote]

35lbs in 8 weeks? 4lbs a week? Unless you have some sick genetics or went through a hulkish growth spurt, I’d like to see your definition of “solid”.

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
tommytoughnuts wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
2 inches or 20lbs by August. I don’t think thats possible naturally. Believe it or not some women don’t really give a shit about your arms size or your size in general. They merely choose whatever the fuck they want. Train and grow for yourself, no one else.

i went from 170 to a solid 205 in two months,and all natural. its possible. it just takes hard work and dedication. do work son itll come

35lbs in 8 weeks? 4lbs a week? Unless you have some sick genetics or went through a hulkish growth spurt, I’d like to see your definition of “solid”.[/quote]

Yeah, I never knew fat could be solid.

[quote]ukrainian wrote:

Yeah, I never knew fat could be solid.[/quote]
lol

goddamnit not another arm growth junkie

want bigger arms ? weighted chinups, dumbbell rows and deadlifts

fuck the curls

goddamnit not another anti-arm training moron

want a bigger back? weighted chinups, dumbell rows and deadlifts.

want bigger arms? curls and skullcrushers

fuck profanity

of course because rows, chins and deadlifts are isolation exercises

[quote]cyph31 wrote:
of course because rows, chins and deadlifts are isolation exercises[/quote]

How difficult is the concept to grasp, that if you want bigger arms you train them directly?

[quote]RSGZ wrote:
cyph31 wrote:
of course because rows, chins and deadlifts are isolation exercises

How difficult is the concept to grasp, that if you want bigger arms you train them directly?[/quote]

I think it’s way too hard to comprehend. Thus, people have gone “full retard” when it comes down to the idea of using isolation exercises in order to make certain bodyparts grow such as arms, shoulders and calves.

Yes, we all know to use compound exercises. But it’s silly to avoid directly working the arms in addition to compound exercises.

People are retarded.

Dude, you NEVER go full retard…

I thought you didn’t have to work them directly if you work them hard indirectly. The whole 25lb curls vs 250lb chinups or 70lb skullcrushers vs. 350lb weighted dips argument.

Some say that when that much weight is going through your arms, they have no choice but to grow.

I don’t think there is anyone in the entire world that could do 250lb chinups that would only be curling 25lb dumbells.
That is just retarded.

You don’t “HAVE TO” work your arms directly if you’re doing chinups and dips or whatever, but if you actually want them to grow at the same pace as everything else, as fast as they can, and in proportion then you need to be working them directly.

If you want them to grow slightly if at all from indirect work because you don’t care about your arms… knock yourself out (literally… for being on a bodybuilding forum). But pushing that onto people who actually DO want bigger arms (is that taboo now or something?) is just idiotic.

The biceps and triceps are muscles that need to be made stronger just like everything else, and you might be curling a 25lb dumbell when you can only do chinups with your bodyweight, but by the time you’re doing 250lb chinups i’d expect a person to be curling 85lb dumbells and that doesn’t come from never curling.

In fact I’d go as far as to say that if you never work your biceps at all, you will never be able to get up to doing 250lb chinups.

Some people act as thought they’re going to “build up a base” with chinups, bench presses, squats, and deadlifts and just ignore their arms/calves/lateral deltoids.

What they don’t grasp is the fact that those muscles don’t just “catch up” when you start working them, they grow JUST AS SLOWLY as your arbitrary “base” muscles like chest and thighs. If you neglect them, they are going to get left behind and you will need to backtrack later on.

You need to be hitting EVERYTHING with focus and determination.

I just don’t understand why anyone would want big arms anyway. It’s so gross.

since when do you have to do one or the other? I train compound movements AND train my arms directly. works for me

[quote]matsm21 wrote:
since when do you have to do one or the other? I train compound movements AND train my arms directly. works for me[/quote]

For some reason those ‘all compound’ guys don’t seem to get this. It’s like there is only ALL COMPOUND and NO COMPOUND.

Here’s a secret… train chins AND curls and your arms will be bigger than if you just did the chins.

[quote]Der Candy wrote:
matsm21 wrote:
since when do you have to do one or the other? I train compound movements AND train my arms directly. works for me

For some reason those ‘all compound’ guys don’t seem to get this. It’s like there is only ALL COMPOUND and NO COMPOUND.

Here’s a secret… train chins AND curls and your arms will be bigger than if you just did the chins.[/quote]

Exactly!

Better yet, do a strict set of close-grip chins and then immediately try some dumbbell or barbell curls and see how well it hits the biceps!

Same for triceps. Perform a strict, heavy set of close-grip benches or weighted dips followed immediately by some pushdowns or dumbbell triceps extensions! :wink:

Alright, I will remember this thread in the future. I did curls and triceps isolation work for a long time and they did not grow past a certain point. When I started doing compounds like squats and chins, they grew an inch in a year. They are 13" now, are you saying that if I add in curls and triceps work they could be 15" in another year? Just trying to get the best out of my workout. Everyone seems to have conflicting views on this. Some say arms are too easy to overtrain.

If you continue eating, getting stronger and using compound lifts and isolation exercises, then yes, your arms should continue to grow.